Black Widow (Original) - 2*

DEWDuck
DEWDuck Posts: 84 Match Maker
edited December 2015 in MPQ Character Discussion
icon_blackwidow.pngBlack Widow (Original) - 2*
Damage, Health and Other Statistics

Aggressive Recon
Power Cost - 5 purpletile.png

Natasha goes undercover to find her opponent's secrets - undermining the enemy's plans and setting hers into motion.

Power Level 1 - Steals 2 yellowtile.png, bluetile.png, redtile.png and greentile.png.
    Power Level 2 - Steals 3 AP. Costs 2 purpletile.png more.
    Power Level 3 - Also steals blacktile.png. Costs 1 purpletile.png.
    Power Level 4 - Steals 4 AP. Costs 2 purpletile.png more.
    Power Level 5 - Steals all colors. Costs 1 purpletile.png.

Anti-Gravity Device
    Power Cost - 11 bluetile.png

Stolen Stark tech!

Character Level 15:
      Power Level 1 - If there are enemy countdown.png on the board, their timer is increased by 2. If there are none, her team gets a burst of 190 health.
      Power Level 2 - Increases timer by 3.
      Power Level 3 - Costs 2 bluetile.png less.
      Power Level 4 - Increases timer by 4.
      Power Level 5 - Also gives a burst of health (if there are enemy countdown.png on the board). If there are none, increased health.

Character Level 94:
        Power Level 3 - If there are enemy countdown.png on the board, their timer is increased by 3. If there are none, her team gets a burst of 1156 health.
        Power Level 4 - Increases timer by 4. 1254 health.
        Power Level 5 - Also gives a burst of 676 health (if there are enemy countdown.png on the board). If there are none, 1352 health.

Espionage
        Power Cost - 0 blacktile.png

Black Widow steals enemy secrets.

Character Level 15:
          Power Level 1 - If the enemy has purpletile.png, steals 1 purpletile.png when she matches purpletile.png.
          Power Level 2 - Also able to steal bluetile.png.
          Power Level 3 - Also able to steal blacktile.png.
          Power Level 4 - Also deals damage.
          Power Level 5 - Increased damage.

Character Level 94:
            Power Level 3 - If the enemy has purpletile.png, bluetile.png or blacktile.png steals 1 purpletile.png, bluetile.png or blacktile.png when she matches purpletile.png, bluetile.png or blacktile.png.
            Power Level 4 - Also deals 61 damage when she matches purpletile.png, bluetile.png or blacktile.png.
            Power Level 5 - 122 damage.

Last Major Update: 2014-06 / Earlier Discussion

Original post:
            So I guess some of you got your wish with her blue nerf. No more using the exploit to heal characters, just need to spend more money on health packs. Yeah for the whiners!
            Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• After the human torch event I noticed that my obw heal isn't permanent.
              After the fight, my heroes still injured (the same as before the fight).
              Someone else see this?
              Thank you.
            • Just a random guess, you don't spend a lot of time on the forums, right?
            • Ben Grimm wrote:
              Just a random guess, you don't spend a lot of time on the forums, right?

Nope.
              Before I opened this thread I searched in the first page and didn't saw anything related.
              Sounds I'm missing something.
            • I saw on the news post.
              My bad.
              But thank you for the links.
            • Yoshimit wrote:
              I saw on the news post.
              My bad.
              But thank you for the links.

Yeah. It's been a bit of a cluster-* around here since 2 days ago when this was announced. And it wasn't announced properly. The PR dept. for this company is HORRIBLE!
            • yogi_
              yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
              Any updates to 3/5/5?
            • Unknown
              edited June 2014
              What makes me a angry too is a change in the middle of events.
              I was waiting Juggernaut's event finale to push some points and now...
              It will be almost impossible to make 2* -> 3* transition for me.
            • HairyDave
              HairyDave Posts: 1,574
              yogi_ wrote:
              Any updates to 3/5/5?
              It's still a good build for speed and keeping you alive in the fight so I'm not going to change mine any time soon.

That said, what are the alternatives? I ran with 5/4/4 for quite a while (I could never get those elusive blue and black covers) and it actually works pretty well on attack, particularly against another OBW, but I'm sure failed dismally on defence outside of lucky cascades.
            • "Nerf" did nothing really to her. Ares/OBW is still top team. On defense, there is no change. On offense, you have to use more healthpacks but there is no real better alternative.
            • _RiO_
              _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
              Welcome to the club.
              If you're not invested in the game yet, here's some advice: get out while you can.
            • Unknown
              edited June 2014
              I added this to the suggestions tab as well, but I think larger scale feedback would be better, providing the Dev's actually do read and take these things into consideration.

Considering the recent changes to Healers, I think a change to OBW Blue power needs to be adjusted.

Also, I think they need to change the colors COMPLETELY for "Health" and "Shield". Make the health GREEN and the Shield RED so that they stand out from each other. Character SHIELDS should go ABOVE AND BEYOND Regular Health. If regular health is 3115, you are at 3000 and trigger shield (with no CD tiles), you should now have 4350 (based on the suggestion below.) health points for the current battle.

CURRENT:
                Anti-Gravity Device - Blue 11 AP
                Stolen Stark tech increases enemy countdowns by 2. If there are none, heals all allies of 100 damage.
                Level Upgrades
                  Level 2: Add 3 to timers. Level 3: Costs 2 AP less. Level 4: Adds 4 to timers. Level 5: 50% heal with enemy countdown timers present.
                Max Level: Heals 1139HP
                (Dev note: This means at Level 5 AGD and base level character, she would heal for 50 with Countdown tiles, plus 50 more if none are present)

SUGGESTED CHANGE:
                  Anti-Gravity Device - Blue 8 AP
                  Stolen Stark tech increases enemy countdowns by 2. If there are none, shields all allies of 75 damage.
                  Level Upgrades
                    Level 2: Add 3 to timers. Level 3: Costs 2 AP less. (Down to 6 AP) Level 4: Adds 4 to timers. Level 5: 50%
                  shield with enemy countdown timers present.
                  Max Level: Shields each ally for 1000HP
                  (This means at Level 5 and max level character, she would shield for 50% {500HP shield} with Countdown tiles, plus 50% {another 500HP towards shield} more if none are present)

Edit: Lowered shield numbers to be more realistic.
                • Doesn't temporarily healing essentially perform that function already, outside of that currently one cannot "overcharge" their health bar with shields?

That said, IceIX has already acknowledge the potential for overcharging, but that ability won't be granted to any existing healers.

From the true healing discussion thread,
                  IceIX wrote:
                  The mechanics are there for abilities to overcharge health, yes. With these particular abilities - Spider-Man, Black Widow, and She-Hulk, no. It wouldn't make sense for a breather from combat to put you at 110% health.

In other words, as to be expected, prepare for a new character to be released to perform the role you are requesting for OBW. With OBW's AGD nerfed, that opens the door for a "replacement" character to be introduced to address the "nerf".
                • Lyrian wrote:
                  Doesn't temporarily healing essentially perform that function already, outside of that currently one cannot "overcharge" their health bar with shields?

That said, IceIX has already acknowledge the potential for overcharging, but that ability won't be granted to any existing healers.

IceIX wrote:
                  The mechanics are there for abilities to overcharge health, yes. With these particular abilities - Spider-Man, Black Widow, and She-Hulk, no. It wouldn't make sense for a breather from combat to put you at 110% health.

In other words, as to be expected, prepare for a new character to be released to perform the role you are requesting for OBW. With OBW's AGD nerfed, that opens the door for a "replacement" character to be introduced to address the "nerf".

Considering the healer wide nerf, IceIX is wrong IMO, about it not making sense to "over charge" health. There needs to be a balancing if they are going to take away "True Healing" from these characters, and replace it with the **** standard that they have ATM. I haven't played with Spidey, I didn't get his covers until after he was nerfed. And he was not impressive in the PVP I played with him buffed. So I have no idea how a new balance for him should work. And She-hulk was just released and I have not played her either.

And we don't need "replacement" characters. They need to FIX the characters we currently have. There are so many USELESS characters that are only viable if they are buffed. Those are the ones they need to work on if they truly want "Character Diversity".
                • As I pointed in another thread her blue must heal HER with true healing to keep her useful instead of being a healh-pack sink. Whether the effect applied to the team is fake healing or shields is then not that important, sure shield is more powerful by a bit.
                • pasa_ wrote:
                  As I pointed in another thread her blue must heal HER with true healing to keep her useful instead of being a healh-pack sink. Whether the effect applied to the team is fake healing or shields is then not that important, sure shield is more powerful by a bit.

Healing only her but only shielding her allies could be a very realistic option. What do you suggest? I can edit my original post.
                • GuntherBlobel
                  GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
                  Lyrian wrote:
                  Doesn't temporarily healing essentially perform that function already, outside of that currently one cannot "overcharge" their health bar with shields?

IceIX wrote:

And we don't need "replacement" characters. They need to FIX the characters we currently have. There are so many USELESS characters that are only viable if they are buffed. Those are the ones they need to work on if they truly want "Character Diversity".

It's not going to happen that way. Look at the fury that comes with any change to characters and compare that to the competition that follows each new character release, even over gold characters. At this point, I don't blame The devs for replacing characters instead of fixing them. They are actually giving us what we want and making money doing it. Expect an improved 3* Bullseye to appease the call for third color powers for those that have only two.
                • Unknown
                  edited June 2014
                  They already said they have the ability to 'overcharge' which is exactly the same as what you're proposing.

If a character needs overcharge healing, that'd be Spiderman, not OBW, so don't bother holding your breath until Spiderman gets the similar boost, because he sure is considerably weaker than OBW overall right now.

It'd be more likely for OBW to true heal anyone but herself because she's too strong when she can heal herself, but the ability to heal others is okay because OBW does bleed health packs very quickly due to starting with an exceptionally low amount of HPs. This game isn't a RPG. Sustainability is not the goal of the game and it's in fact counter to what would want be desireable from the developer's point of view, so the healer should not be able to sustain herself. You can have her able to sustains others as long as she can't sustain herself. But even that is unlikely because that'd mean you can't have another character who can true heal others but not self, because then you'd just put that new character with OBW, and this could be rather crippling from a design point of view.
                • pasa_ wrote:
                  As I pointed in another thread her blue must heal HER with true healing to keep her useful instead of being a healh-pack sink. Whether the effect applied to the team is fake healing or shields is then not that important, sure shield is more powerful by a bit.

Healing only her but only shielding her allies could be a very realistic option. What do you suggest? I can edit my original post.

BW exposes self in her work. Collecting her colors and espionaging. Using her in a good team makes her lose 1k health early on, 2 or more if you're no lucky. Without true healing all that damage sticks and makes her not usable in the next game without using a health pack. (first thing you collect is purple and green, only then start on blue, shields will not save her till at least 3P+3U matches made by her)

I bet that was factored in her original design all the way -- not her fault that meaning if stuff just changed. You must preserve that either fully or at least for considerable part.
                • Hello,

First of all, I'm sure this has been discussed already, but I can't find it immediately in the forums, so sorry in advance icon_redface.gif

There’s one thing that has always puzzled me, although I have 1000+ hours of play.

Imagine you have a team with Original Black Widow, Classic Storm and Modern Hawkeye. All of them are lvl 85.

1. Does espionage work with blue tiles (all three of them having 45 dmg with blue) ?

2. And/or does it only work if OBW has the middle spot ?

This is very important for me to know. My OBW is at 85 and the other two are kept at 84 on purpose (thus missing on a little extra damage) because I really really don’t want to mess with her ability to steal and damage.

So please be honest if you’re not sure icon_e_smile.gif

Thank you in advance,

Wraith75