I just noticed something about mHawkeye

Options
Why is he holding the blast arrow?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    He's commiting suicide out of frustration because his buff still isn't here.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Because "holding" a blast arrow was his greatest moment!

Hawkeye.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ok, going to need some context on this one. Hard to tell from those panels exactly what's going on, and I don't know anything about Hawkeye.
  • Unknown
    Options
    How would he shoot it if he wasn't holding it? I do't understand your question. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    He randomly drops it somewhere, where it sits until it detonates. Thats why he holds it. If he shot the arrow you might think he would choose where it hits.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The real reason ofcourse, is that the MPQ artists are a bunch of lazy sods and traced Modern Hawkeye's Blast Arrow pose from Classic Hawkeye's Arrow Stab pose.
    Originality? What's that? Here have more micro-transactions!
  • spydoorman
    spydoorman Posts: 80
    Options
    Long story short. Vision destroys avengers manor, she hulk hulks out and tears **** up, a couple of avengers die and then the Kree decide to invade. Hawkeyes Gets hit, blast arrows ignite in his quiver so he kamikazes one of the ships. Mourning ensues. Twist ending blah blah.

Edit:words and stuff
  • Unknown
    Options
    spydoorman wrote:
    Long story short. Vision destroys avengers manor, she hulk hulks out and tears tinykitty up, a couple of avengers die and then the Kree decide to invade. Hawkeyes Gets hit, blast arrows ignite in his quiver so he kamikazes one of the ships. Mourning ensues. Twist ending blah blah.

Edit:words and stuff

Huh, thanks.

Was that curtains for Hawkeye, then? If I'm learning anything about comic book characters, it's that only minor/boring ones ever actually die. The rest are just waiting for resurrection.
  • Unknown
    Options
    No one stays dead in comics except Uncle Ben and the Waynes. Everyone else is just waiting to be resurrected.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was that curtains for Hawkeye, then?
    Oh, sure, for like three months. Scarlet Witch brought him back to life out of latent guilt, and he ran around dressed as Ronin for a while because reasons.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    No one stays dead in comics except Uncle Ben and the Waynes. Everyone else is just waiting to be resurrected.
    Actually the Waynes are alive on Earth 2 ion the New 52. Thomas is actually the second Batman having taken up the cowl after Bruce's death.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Actually the Waynes are alive on Earth 2 ion the New 52. Thomas is actually the second Batman having taken up the cowl after Bruce's death.

If you want to get picky, there was an alternate universe Uncle Ben at one point, and I think Thomas Wayne was always alive on the pre-crisis Earth-3. But I'm talking main universe people.
  • Unknown
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    The real reason ofcourse, is that the MPQ artists are a bunch of lazy sods and traced Modern Hawkeye's Blast Arrow pose from Classic Hawkeye's Arrow Stab pose.

Why are you so bitter? Actually, a better question is why do you still play a game you so obviously despise?
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jkells wrote:
    _RiO_ wrote:

Why are you so bitter? Actually, a better question is why do you still play a game you so obviously despise?

Because I've been around since the game started and it was actually good; not this hollow husk of a money milking machine it turned into.
    I still enjoy the core gameplay, I wholeheartedly do not enjoy the developer screwing everyone over in an effort to increase the nickle-and-diming.

In other words; my bone to pick is not with the game. It's with the game's developer.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Jkells wrote:
    _RiO_ wrote:

He has a point about the art, though. All the Wolverines and Dakens share poses. Black Widows, Iron Men, Storms, etc. All of the alt characters are just reskinned versions of their previous incarnations when it comes to their action poses. As an avid comicbook fan for the last 25 years I can say that I feel that their lack of attention to the art is **** ****.
  • Unknown
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    How would he shoot it if he wasn't holding it? I don't understand your question. icon_e_confused.gif
    Seriously.