General Discussion Statistics

Options
So, curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to run some stats on the General Discussion forum here. These stats were accurate as of 4:09pm EST today, when I compiled the data.

The top 5 most active threads in the history of GD are as follows:

5) Upcoming Character Change: Spider-Man (Classic) with 376 posts and 8932 views
4) The "Mystery"-Men with 415 posts and 5844 views
3) This Game Isn't Fun Anymore with 429 posts and 12426 views
2) How To Defeat S.H.I.E.L.D Alliance with 430 posts and 7439 views
and
1) Upcoming Feature: True Healing Discussion with 751 posts and 12277 views

The General Discussion section has a total of 3,495 topics with 68260 posts.

The most active thread in GD represents roughly 0.028% of all threads in GD, but contains over 1% of all the posts on the forum. This gives that thread a weighted average of about 36 times more likely than every other thread on the forum to receive a post.

Considering that the number one thread on the forum has only been up since Monday, that's quite an achievement.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for the stats, I was wondering how important the current True Healing threads were.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The number one thread has 175% the post count of the number 2 thread. It seems to have some importance to the user base.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Event threads, such as Simulator Basics, used to be in General Discussion until I convinced IceIX to make a separate area for events and tournaments. I also got him to make an Alliances area.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Event threads, such as Simulator Basics, used to be in General Discussion until I convinced IceIX to make a separate area for events and tournaments. I also got him to make an Alliances area.

so YOURE to blame for that!

(still undecided on good/bad as I never go check them anymore, but at least they arent cluttering GD)
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fidsah wrote:
    This gives that thread a weighted average of about 36 times more likely than every other thread on the forum to receive a post.

Considering that the number one thread on the forum has only been up since Monday, that's quite an achievement.

Yet, "this too shall pass" for sure ... icon_rolleyes.gif