Please consider color distribution for limited hero events

Options
Zifna
Zifna Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
edited June 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Most everyone I've talked to has been frustrated with the pool of heroes available for use in the Juggernaut event. I like the challenge of a limited roster, and I recognize there will always be some complaint, but I think there's a reason people have been more frustrated than usual this time. Look at the distrubtion of active mana uses:

Red ++++++ 6 characters
Blue +++++ 5
Green ++++ 4
Yellow +++ 3
"Purple" (Definitely Not Pink) ++ 2
Black + 1

In this pool, almost every character uses red and blue and almost no one uses "Purple" or Black. For people without Human Torch (a newer character), or without his Black ability, this event is bound to be rather frustrating. I'm lucky enough to have a bunch of Black covers for my Human Torch, but my Pink-I-Mean-Purple situation is nearly as bad... I have only one cover for GSBW's active in that color, leaving Black Widow* the only one who uses the color effectively.

I recognize there is some difficulty in creating limited rosters, and I do appreciate the mix of damage dealer, tanks, and utility characters, but I still ask that more effort be made in the future to even out color usage/coverage. Thanks!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Part of the problem is that purple is mainly used by villains.

The only heroes I remember using purple are the three Widows, both Spideys, and MN Mags.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Also Falcon.

(And Daredevil and Loki. Stop laughing.)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think Heroic events are supposed to be a little frustrating. They force you outside of your comfort zone in team building, and reward a deep backbench in your roster. I certainly didn't expect to get any use out of IM35 or Modern BW any time soon, but now they make up the backbone of my B team for the lower-leveled nodes in this event.