Why all the "Stealth Locked" threads? (Please LOCK)

Options
I seen an unusually amount of locked threads on the General forum that have no explanation for the locking. Why is this? icon_neutral.gif

EDIT: There was already a Thread for this. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10405

Sorry to Nonce. icon_cry.gif

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    So that we can use phrases like IBTL+1.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My bad, my screen wasn't fully refreshed... There is already a thread... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10405
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:

Huh?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Because there are a few dozen redundant threads and the mods are consolidating. To quote Nonce: explaining why they're locked bumps them and they don't want to do that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:

Huh?

That translates to:
    "I'm posting In (this thread) Before The (moderators) Lock (it), but I would like to take the briefest of moments to agree with your point, sir. I believe you have stated the position on this matter well enough that I feel no need to expound upon your original statement of fact."
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Explaining a lock in a thread bumps the thread back up to the top, and I didn't want a block of 8 locked threads at the top of the queue. And it would have been extra work. Lazy moderator.

I'm fine with complaints, but when there were 15 threads on the same topic on the front page, I decided to lock a bunch of them. There are plenty of threads that can still have gasoline poured on them. Go and gather your pitchforks and torches.
  • Unknown
    Options
    To quote Nonce: explaining why they're locked bumps them and they don't want to do that.

I'm sorry, but when you are locking down THAT MANY threads all at once, people deserve a reason. Bump or no bump.
  • Unknown
    Options
    To quote Nonce: explaining why they're locked bumps them and they don't want to do that.

I'm sorry, but when you are locking down THAT MANY threads all at once, people deserve a reason. Bump or no bump.

How about adding it to the last post in green writing along with a signature?

Is it that freaking hard to figure out ways around bumping the posts?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Explaining a lock in a thread bumps the thread back up to the top, and I didn't want a block of 8 locked threads at the top of the queue. And it would have been extra work. Lazy moderator.

I'm fine with complaints, but when there were 15 threads on the same topic on the front page, I decided to lock a bunch of them. There are plenty of threads that can still have gasoline poured on them. Go and gather your pitchforks and torches.

I understand it bumps them up to the top and the extra little bit of time it take to state the reason for locking. But it looks very shady when that many get locked in such a short time with no explanation.

I won't gather the torches and pitchforks on you Nonce. You are a good mod.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options

If you'd like, I could unlock everything, and you can go and add and explanation to each one about which threads have this same topic and asking if they could please post there. And I could just leave them there, and we'd have a front page where you've made a response to every single topic. Would you like to do that?
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options

If you'd like, I could unlock everything, and you can go and add and explanation to each one about which threads have this same topic and asking if they could please post there. And I could just leave them there, and we'd have a front page where you've made a response to every single topic. Would you like to do that?

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif
  • Unknown
    Options

Nonce, I wasn't flaming at you. I posted that before I seen your response. And if IceIX would have made me a mod like I asked, so that I could help out around here, I would be more than happy to do that. (I liked the idea of just editing the last post of the thread with green before locking as not to bump it. I would so do that. LOL)

And if IceIX is listening in, I even promise to not stealth edit your posts. icon_lol.gif
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    I posted that before I saw your response.

And there you have your answer.

It takes time to explain things on 15 different threads on the same topic, and I'm dealing with people that can't be bothered to look at other threads on the same topic. Which means 15 different people and their supporters are all complaining in series.
  • Unknown
    Options

Man if youre locking thread you must write explanation. Cause now youre the reason for another useless threads like this one, also people just have right to know why youre closing their thread.

Btw, dont take anything what Im writing personally, youre good guy here icon_e_wink.gif Just want to share my view (was doing same job and know how hard it can be sometimes...so cheer up mate and thanks).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ha, now they've all been unlocked.

No, this won't get confusing at all.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    I unlocked all the threads that I previously locked.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I took the liberty to move the recent spate of feedback threads to the feedback forum. Also, they were all locked b/c they were duplicate threads with no unique content in them. That makes coherent community conversation more difficult.