In-App Purchase Cheating Past & Current?

Options
renfox
renfox Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
edited June 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Does anyone know if something is being done about Cheating? I know that there are ways of getting in-app purchases from games without paying if someone jailbreaks their device. I can't see how anyone could have a fully loaded new character without cheating. The cost would be well over $100 per character. Is anyone doing anything to stop this from happening? I'd like to think the Developers are on this because it ruins the competition.

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    Yes, we are and do. We do not publicly discuss our methods for catching players that cheat, either through adding currency or the myriad of gameplay related methods. I can say that we have metrics that catch things on the fly as well as having people that investigate cheat reports and suspicious activity. If you think someone may be cheating, please send in a ticket with any information you have using the mail icon on the Title Screen.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    If you think someone may be cheating, please send in a ticket with any information you have using the mail icon on the Title Screen.
    Is this currently the best way to contact support, as opposed to the link in the bugs and support forum?
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Yes, we are and do. We do not publicly discuss our methods for catching players that cheat, either through adding currency or the myriad of gameplay related methods. I can say that we have metrics that catch things on the fly as well as having people that investigate cheat reports and suspicious activity. If you think someone may be cheating, please send in a ticket with any information you have using the mail icon on the Title Screen.

And why should anyone report cheaters?

Your dev team continues to make unpopular decision after unpopular decision purely motivated by greed. These cheaters are denying you those funds. By having to spend more time to hunt them down and less money to do so, that's less manpower the dev team will have to push more unpopular decisions like nerfs through.
  • Unknown
    Options
    How, exactly, does reporting them do any good if the devs are just going to sit on reports of certain individuals for about a month afterward?

GBR, Watercat, and others were clearly cheating during prior seasons and were not kicked until the end of season 2.
  • Unknown
    Options
    renfox wrote:
    Does anyone know if something is being done about Cheating? I know that there are ways of getting in-app purchases from games without paying if someone jailbreaks their device. I can't see how anyone could have a fully loaded new character without cheating. The cost would be well over $100 per character. Is anyone doing anything to stop this from happening? I'd like to think the Developers are on this because it ruins the competition.

As previously said, there are guys who can max the characters instantly :

- either because they saved enough ISO and pay for the covers,
    - or because they could get at least one of each cover in each colour and buy HP and ISO

The total cost can go up to $300... That's the price of being constantly competitive.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Biggest cheaters in the game are the devs themselves, imho.

Cheating you out of your money with unmaintainable game mechanics like the new healing change.