*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Comments

• Phantron wrote:
    Blue/green is too hard to extrapolate since we don't know if higher levels drains more colors or removes more tiles. Being able to remove special tiles seem to be an anti-Daken ability but Daken is probably one of the top 5 characters right now so that's fine. It'll also work on Sentry and Nick Fury when you're attacking. From a design point of view this is a solid character. Whether she's useful depends on what her actual numbers are which is too early to guess because none of her abilities seems to follow a standard 'bigger number at higher level' deal.

We know 2 covers depletes 1/4 of another color, so it's fair to assume that it drains more colors. It might stop at 2 colors and just increase the percentage, but a full (non-countdown) wipe of two colors sounds pretty good to me.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Lyrian wrote:
    She may not have much on the pure offensive front, but holy tinykitty she is going to be annoying to down on teams.
    And just when I thought it couldn't get more annoying than Spiderman events...

Spidey + She-Hulk + Hulk = dead batteries before you finish icon_lol.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I'm reading the signs correctly and the way the game is going. You'll want to build her 5/5/3 maybe 5/4/4, look at IceIX's last Q&A. Her red is just a get out of jail card when you have no one left to do damage or you really need to clear that bottom row (this actually is really good against characters that leave tiles as they work their way down to the bottom anyway).
    Her Green is going to be top notch I guarentee, I think the way they are keeping it balanced is that it is random on what colors it takes, but my thought is that it will end up stealing 3-5 colors in the end and you get a health boost. This is like a complete game reset except you get to keep your AP!!!
    Blue is interesting, if I'm reading this correctly it will take 2 random either yours or enemy and give one to you one to them with yours being stronger. I can only guess if there was 1 tile you would get it or the skill just won't cast. I have a feeling the end with blue is that it will obviously give you stronger results as well as increasing the random, I'm guessing it will be 3 for sure maybe 4 and again, it will probably be insane the tile strenght you will get, the way they again keep it balanced is that you don't know what tiles it will take.

I'm not saying she is going to be tier one, but with the amount of hit points she will have and her annoyance factor, she will be in the game for the long haul and that can be a problem for attacking teams and her on defense. I like characters that keep the attacking player from wanting to AP boost. Hood is one, since AP boosting against a Hood, is like giving the enemy free damage against you, She-Hulk while not maybe on the speed level, could cause a problem
  • Her powers seem strange,shouldn't her heal be on blue & her strike tiles be her green skill??
  • nobody1111 wrote:

Blue is so situational it seems nearly worthless - I think I'd only ever use it as a specific counter-pick to Lazy Daken, and even then it's 9 AP to *weaken* the enemy's special tiles, not remove them. I mean honestly, compare this with Falcon.
    you are not reading it fully, it takes 2 special tiles off the board, and gives you one of them as a strike tile.
    so if you don't have special tiles on the field it actually gives you one, removing it fully from the enemy
    I'd like to see where this levels up to

True, but this only works if your team produces no special tiles whatsoever. Also, it removes two, but it gives one back to the enemy as well.

I'm not sold on it, but I'll wait to see more blue covers.
  • Narkon wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    She tanks Blue at 8700 HP, while allowing other powerful tanks to cover her Green and Red (hello Patch!). Both Settlement and Power of Attorney only require 3 matches to execute, and blue is a much easier color to gather than black for Loki's Trickery.
    With the 2 covers we can see, 3 matches for her blue are 1 too many. She is also a contender for the award of the most silly name for her Power of Attorney ability.

Objection!
    It's a Harvey Birdman reference. Much props to the devs for that. Link: http://video.adultswim.com/harvey-birdman-attorney-at-law/feel-the-power-of-attorney.html

Seriously though, I just had a thought about her Green ability. What if the trend keeps going after her 2nd cover, and at 5 Green is "Reduces one AP pool to zero (can you choose this color?) and reduces all other AP color pools by 25%, then healing the team for X ". Wouldn't that potentially be the same effect as a 5 Purple Aggressive Recon that heals the team instead of granting AP? (Yes, technically no one holds onto that much AP at once, but the potential is there.)
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Red Panda wrote:
    Her powers seem strange,shouldn't her heal be on blue & her strike tiles be her green skill??
    Yeah, I didn't think of that until you mentioned it, but it's strange. So much for them sticking to setting character colors based on the type of power it is. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Her blue Strike tile skill could be fun after triggering Latveria's enviro for useless strike tiles, especially if the enemy don't use special tiles (FaThor, Hood, Ares, etc) and hopefully the enemy strike tile can be cleared away quickly

I don't think it'll produce more than 4 tiles at 5 covers (2 friendly, 2 enemy) but we'll have to see

Not sure I'd want to spam the skill unless friendly strike tiles get destroyed often
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    so essentially they amalgamated OBW's Pink/Blue into one power then gave her Daken's chemical reaction(but for opposing strike tiles) and for fun gave her thunder clap except its red, all with the bonus of having Super Thor's health at max level....sounds about right?
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    so essentially they amalgamated OBW's Pink/Blue into one power then gave her Daken's chemical reaction(but for opposing strike tiles) and for fun gave her thunder clap except its red, all with the bonus of having Super Thor's health at max level....sounds about right?
    So you mean fairly unique actually?
  • so essentially they amalgamated OBW's Pink/Blue into one power then gave her Daken's chemical reaction(but for opposing strike tiles) and for fun gave her thunder clap except its red, all with the bonus of having Super Thor's health at max level....sounds about right?

Except that you don't get the AP, and since AP is worth more to the player than the AI, call it 1/3 OBW's Purple. And it looks like the heal is weak too, so 1/2 OBW's Blue. Still sounds good?

And the blue - does no damage, converts tiles randomly and gives half of them to the opponent. A better comparison is that it's a really weak version of Patch's green, with a pre-req that special tiles have to exist already.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    To those suggesting that you may get to pick the AP color in Reprieve--it's not gonna happen. The interface isn't currently there and I don't see the devs creating the necessary sub-menu just for this move. The only way it could potentially work would be to have you select a tile from the main board but that would be fairly confusing. (Not to mention what happens if you want to steal blue immediately after Doom launches Technopathic Strike?)
  • From what seen this far looks like completely useless to me. Rampage, a blue joke that should have gone as Loki's 3rd and for ton of green some heal with random some AP-removal (come on people, can't you actually tell difference from AR?)

Just can't see a single team it would fit. Really contests Daredevil for the least wanted ***.

Maybe further covers add some interesting effect, but I'm sure it would have been announced then before the tournament -- I expect just increasing what we already see by a small amount.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    From what seen this far looks like completely useless to me. Rampage, a blue joke that should have gone as Loki's 3rd and for ton of green some heal with random some AP-removal (come on people, can't you actually tell difference from AR?)

Just can't see a single team it would fit. Really contests Daredevil for the least wanted ***.

Maybe further covers add some interesting effect, but I'm sure it would have been announced then before the tournament -- I expect just increasing what we already see by a small amount.

All these new AP drain abilities makes me think on their internal server they already nerfed The Hood and OBW so they actually thought people might want to use these new, significantly weaker versions of AR/Dormammu.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh lord, where do I wait in line for this? She's definitely going on my team for sure. That green feels like the great equalizer and a counter to many characters. Now all they need is to give Doom a good third ability and I'll be running the same team I did in UMvC3.
  • Oh lord, where do I wait in line for this? She's definitely going on my team for sure. That green feels like the great equalizer and a counter to many characters. Now all they need is to give Doom a good third ability and I'll be running the same team I did in UMvC3.

And what team is that?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    pasa_ wrote:
    Oh lord, where do I wait in line for this? She's definitely going on my team for sure. That green feels like the great equalizer and a counter to many characters. Now all they need is to give Doom a good third ability and I'll be running the same team I did in UMvC3.

And what team is that?
    She-Hulk, Doom, and random Third lol. Mostly Spider-man or Wolverine. Was never any good with Magneto.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Aaaand I just got less excited about having a useful healer with the "temporary healing" changes.
  • Why would blue target allied tiles? Are they really trying to limit her synergy to non-special tile characters? Not to mention she's another red/green character.

Can't think of a decent teamate for her. Shame too because she sounds interesting enough. If her blue rids of CDs, she can find use in PVE I guess.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,311 Site Admin
    Just pushed up her pre-release stats to the first post. As per usual, anything listed may change before release.