*** The Punisher (Dark Reign) ***

Comments

• someguy wrote:
    Joker117 wrote:
    Sooo punisher , wolverine and daken would make a decent strike tile mash up ?

Wouldn't run Daken. He's way too squishy compared to Punisher. Daken tops out at just under 3K health. Punisher is about twice that.

I'm not convinced about Wolvie. If I get Punisher, I'll give it a shot. (My Wolvie is far from maxed out though...)
    I would rather run Daken. What is Wolvie gonna do other than steal green and red AP that Punisher needs?
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    I am tempted to go 5/5/3 with him.

Rag, Spiderman and Punisher would be a nice combo. His black would spread every turn while the other team is in stun lock.
  • f3nfire wrote:
    A wild Loki appears. His black skill is super effective.

I really doubt it. It'd be funny to see him get really popular as a counter-pick though icon_lol.gif
    I would rather run Daken. What is Wolvie gonna do other than steal green and red AP that Punisher needs?

Like I said, I'd rather run neither. I don't get why you'd want to clutter up the board with inferior strike tiles in the first place, plus Punisher seems like he produces enough strike tiles himself to fill out the role. I'd want 2 totally different characters on my team. Speaking of,
    Bainee wrote:
    I am tempted to go 5/5/3 with him.

Rag, Spiderman and Punisher would be a nice combo. His black would spread every turn while the other team is in stun lock.

That's the team I'm planning to start. Just swapping out Grey Widow. But I'm going for 3/5/5 because countdown.

Also, I don't see why more people are not thinking about maxing red? Once an enemy character is down to 40%, that's it, OHKO. Whittling away at high health Ragnarok turn after turn? Not anymore, thank you. He'll be a godsend during Lightning Rounds.
  • someguy wrote:
    But I'm going for 3/5/5 because countdown.

But it's not a normal countdown tile. It's an initial hit, followed up by a new attack tile every turn. If they can't get rid of it, they get hit harder each turn. It's more of an attack tile generator than a countdown tile.
  • OK, by now we all have our Punishers and it's safe to say that at 1st impression, he is crazy-go-nuts icon_razz.gif

Blue Shoes was right about his red. The countdown tile regenerates itself after counting to zero, and creates a random attack tile of the same color it converts, like Modern Storm.

The green converts any existing color tile to a strike tile so it is not, as mentioned earlier, color limited.

The red has no UI elements to help figure out if an enemy is below 20% but otherwise seems to work as intended.

I may end up dropping Grey Widow for this guy icon_eek.gif
  • I'm gonna go for 5/3/5. Green doesn't seem too great, whereas the black and red skills sound pretty amazing.
  • I'm gonna go for 5/3/5. Green doesn't seem too great, whereas the black and red skills sound pretty amazing.

Green is the next step up for strike tiles from 2-star Wolvie though. The only thing is I think the initial tile destroy on his green can randomly clear your countdown tiles/attack tiles from black and strike tiles from green, which means you might not be able to clog up the board with special tiles. Which kind of sucks. icon_e_sad.gif

I'm still thinking 3/5/5, but one thing's for sure, I'll be maxing red for sure.
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Probably going 5/5/3. For 8 red ap, I prefer thunderclap or mjolnir's might, and black and green each feed the other in terms of the obscene damage you will quickly be doing each and every turn. I would much rather do steady obscene damage than an extra %10 of insta-kill.
  • someguy wrote:
    I'm gonna go for 5/3/5. Green doesn't seem too great, whereas the black and red skills sound pretty amazing.

Green is the next step up for strike tiles from 2-star Wolvie though. The only thing is I think the initial tile destroy on his green can randomly clear your countdown tiles/attack tiles from black and strike tiles from green, which means you might not be able to clog up the board with special tiles. Which kind of sucks. icon_e_sad.gif

I'm still thinking 3/5/5, but one thing's for sure, I'll be maxing red for sure.

I dunno, I think Wolvie is still the strike tile king and although the random colors on strikes is definitely much stronger, Wolvie will propagate his tiles much faster. I just think the self replicating Attack tiles are stronger than the couple of Strikes you'd get from green. Plus the team damage is a nice bonus(we'll see how the damage scales when I can get mine past level 20).

Do you mean you can't target where the 3x3 is destroyed in green? That really sucks. Definitely cements me into 5/3/5.
  • Not being able to control green is caca considering its cost.

Still going 5/5/3 though.
  • OK, just played another round and use his green 2x in one turn and yeah, I ended up destroying one of my own strike tiles. The initial tile destruction on green seems totally random and presumably takes out any tiles on the board, including your strike tiles, and I would imagine that the red countdown tiles and attack tiles from his black are also not safe.

His green might be too unreliable to be useful. Sorry Wolvie players icon_e_sad.gif 5/3/5 might be the way to go.
    FoxInSox wrote:
    Probably going 5/5/3. For 8 red ap, I prefer thunderclap or mjolnir's might, and black and green each feed the other in terms of the obscene damage you will quickly be doing each and every turn. I would much rather do steady obscene damage than an extra %10 of insta-kill.

At level 5, it's 40% icon_e_wink.gif
  • someguy wrote:
    OK, just played another round and use his green 2x in one turn and yeah, I ended up destroying one of my own strike tiles. The initial tile destruction on green seems totally random and presumably takes out any tiles on the board, including your strike tiles, and I would imagine that the red countdown tiles and attack tiles from his black are also not safe.

His green might be too unreliable to be useful. Sorry Wolvie players icon_e_sad.gif 5/3/5 might be the way to go.

Maybe I will need to reconsider, but I really enjoy Strike tile... I guess I will decide after playing couple matches with him
    someguy wrote:
    FoxInSox wrote:

At level 5, it's 40% icon_e_wink.gif

Rank 3 triggers at 30%, so rank 5 is extra 10% icon_e_wink.gif
  • K, mine is 3/3/3 but only level 39. He's hanging out in SHIELD training with level 2 Bow and Arrow Guy and level 1 Juggy.

Get some free points off me and draw your own conclusions icon_e_wink.gif
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Yeah, I'm not loving the random destruction of your own strike tiles. I'd rather the power did no damage (and no tile distraction) and just added strike tiles. Would be more useful then. Used it twice, ended up destroying both of my strike tiles from the first cast with the second. icon_e_sad.gif

Molotov cocktail rocks though. Can't wait to level it to 5.

As for Red, 40% is nice at 5, but it is already 30% at 3. That's the extra 10% I was talking about. I'm only debating now due to the serious drawbacks of green. After playing with him a bit, molotov is the clear level 5 skill for me right now, and I'm unsure on the other two. Have him at 3/1/3 right now, so I haven't locked myself into any build for him yet.
  • someguy wrote:
    K, mine is 3/3/3 but only level 39. He's hanging out in SHIELD training with level 2 Bow and Arrow Guy and level 1 Juggy.

Get some free points off me and draw your own conclusions icon_e_wink.gif

3/3/3? icon_e_surprised.gif I have HP for just 3 skills... so I guess I will wait till I win more covers before spending hard-earned currency icon_razz.gif
  • Love his red animation.
  • I was personally thinking 5/3/5. I don't think I'd be using his green skill much due to its random nature, so might as well build the red. I guess we'll all have to wait and see how it plays out as people level their Punishers
  • 5/3/5 is the best probably, but 5 in red makes him a really terrible boosted character.

just thinking ahead since 40% obviously doesn't get boosted. (OR DOES IT. 40 *200%, red insta kills NETHING?!)
  • Boosting the 40% would be nutrageous. I think it's safe to say that won't happen. icon_e_smile.gif

Punisher's red is the anti-boost ability. Oh, Ragnarok has 10K health in lightning? Well, when he hits 4K, kiss him goodbye icon_e_wink.gif
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Damn, the animations for The Punisher is on point. His red and green skills both look awesome on a PC.

When he uses his red ability he especially looks pissed.