X-Men: Days of Future Past

Options
Unknown
edited June 2014 in Off Topic
Just watched it- I literally **** cried near the end of the film. Trust me, I don't get emotional easily over movies...(usually) Like, this is an even bigger shock than what I felt watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Oh, and Magneto. M A G N E T O. He was always my favorite character from First Class, and now I'm even more obsessed with him than I ever was. I almost exploded when young Erik first showed up on screen in that stupid(That's a compliment) helmet. I'm so gonna be watching this again multiple times. You all can safely assume I died from excitement if I don't show up on the forums for a few days from now. icon_mrgreen.gif

Edit: fixed a grammatical mistake/typo.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I'm taking the wife to see it after work on Friday (free tickets are always grand). I have high hopes for this after First Class, and reading the spoiler for the credit scene makes me excited to see You-Know-Who on the big screen.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw it yesterday, and one thing from the end didn't ring true for me.
    Charles quite happily accepts Wolverine's mind from the previous timeline replacing that of the Wolverine from the new timeline.

Charles has spent up to 50 years with a Wolverine that "had a bad acid trip" knowing all along that one day that personality would be displaced and be lost forever. And he didn't bat an eyelid when it happened. That's cold.

Ooh, I like this spoiler button.
  • Xyren
    Xyren Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm going to be seeing it later today, and I'm psyched but sad at the same time. I've had pieces of spoiler here and there, so I know a few things that happen (like why Xavier is walking in the trailers and the after-credits appearance) but nothing groundbreakingly spoilerish.

HOWEVER. I'm royally pissed off at these two movies. I absolutely love Storm who is my all time favorite X-person, and I'm thrilled she's going to be in DoFP. But the nature of DoFP - going back in time! - means that this'll be the last Storm I get to see, probably at all until a reboot, unless I get super lucky and they do a version of her straight out of Cairo. Which I admit could be cool.
    And maybe possible given the after credits scene.

And then...
    I also love Emma Frost, who is maybe my second favorite, and January Jones ruined her for the franchise. Ruined so much, in fact, that apparently her character died in between First Class and DoFP? So we won't get a good Emma EVER until it's rebooted again?
    (FYI: that's really not a spoiler at all, but I don't want to get in trouble with anyone who is adamantly anti-spoiler like I tend to be. Neither is the first for that matter.)

So yeah, I liked First Class, I'm sure I'll like DoFP, but it's tinged with sadness for me.

Side note: I hear Gambit's going to be coming in the future, but where's Psylocke?! Can Jean Grey or Shadowcat come back at all without being like 10 years old? Can they do any of the "current" X-Men characters with the screwed up timelines?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I really liked the movie. It was my least anticipated of the four Marvel movies this year, but just because of Fox's track record. I'm not usually much of a "need lots of action" guy but I felt like it could have used more. I thought the story was well done and like how they wrapped it up.
    Xyren wrote:
    Side note: I hear Gambit's going to be coming in the future, but where's Psylocke?! Can Jean Grey or Shadowcat come back at all without being like 10 years old? Can they do any of the "current" X-Men characters with the screwed up timelines?

Technically they could do pretty much anything they wanted since the comic-verse and movie-verse are two totally didn't worlds. I'd love to see a younger Storm and/or Cyclops in this movie but unfortunately I don't see it happening.

And if you didn't know, Channing Tatum is going to play Gambit in the future. He will most likely be in the next movie and will probably have his own film to boot. As my favorite character, I was a little disappointed with the choice of actor. He's a pretty good actor, just far from how I imagine Gambit. I thought the dude in Wolverine had the look but oh well.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    And if you didn't know, Channing Tatum is going to play Gambit in the future. He will most likely be in the next movie and will probably have his own film to boot. As my favorite character, I was a little disappointed with the choice of actor. He's a pretty good actor, just far from how I imagine Gambit. I thought the dude in Wolverine had the look but oh well.

I really liked Taylor Kitsch as Gambit in the Wolverine movie as well. I thought he would have been a good choice to continue with the character. I agree about Channing Tatum, I like him and think he's a good actor, but not what I picture for Gambit.

I've seen the Days of Future Past twice now...I think it will have the best scene in any movie this year. Without putting a spoiler button in, you all most likely know the scene I am talking about. And the Jim Croce song was an excellent touch.
  • Unknown
    Options

I really liked Taylor Kitsch as Gambit in the Wolverine movie as well. I thought he would have been a good choice to continue with the character. I agree about Channing Tatum, I like him and think he's a good actor, but not what I picture for Gambit.

I've seen the Days of Future Past twice now...I think it will have the best scene in any movie this year. Without putting a spoiler button in, you all most likely know the scene I am talking about. And the Jim Croce song was an excellent touch.

Channing Tatum as Gambit? I didn't know that. I agree too that Taylor was a better fit.

All in all, I like Days of Future Past. I liked the direction it much more since First Class.
    Wished that Blink and Colossus would have more screen time though, liked watching them fight.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I believe.
    The events of X1, X2, and X3 happened. Meaning Charles found Wolverine like he did in X1. However, thanks to having the knowledge from that weird mindmeld thing he was able to prevent all the nasty events from X2 and X3.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've seen it twice, once with my friends from training and once with my sister.

You know what really strikes me as odd? How since First Class there is a special relationship between the Professor and Mystique, but there was nothing of that at all in the earlier movies. In the first, Mystique even attempts to murder the Professor by inserting this fluid into Cerebro. I mean, yes, she might have grown cold towards him in the meantime. But there is no reaction from his side to her.
    There's also the continuity trouble with the origin of Magneto's helmet and who exactly built Cerebro...
    Oh well, I guess some continuity issues will always be there and we have to pick which versions we prefer.

Since plenty of characters have been recast (like Toad and Sabretooth - in both cases i preferred the original version), I'll accept the recasting of Gambit with a shrug.