Question regarding pvp and rankings

Options
A friend of mine has this theory and I'd like to know if it's true or not. He says that at certain points as you lvl up your chars, you get out in different tiers of players to fight. He recently lvld his hulk up to 141 and now says he virtually only gets matched up with guys running 141 chars. This is his only 141 character. I have 2 chars at 102 and sometimes I get matched with guys running lvl 141 chars but mostly I matchup with lvl 85s. Is there a ranking/bracket system, if so what are the lvl caps. He said and I've heard and seen others keep their chars at lvl 50 to get preferable rankings

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    A friend of mine has this theory and I'd like to know if it's true or not. He says that at certain points as you lvl up your chars, you get out in different tiers of players to fight. He recently lvld his hulk up to 141 and now says he virtually only gets matched up with guys running 141 chars. This is his only 141 character. I have 2 chars at 102 and sometimes I get matched with guys running lvl 141 chars but mostly I matchup with lvl 85s. Is there a ranking/bracket system, if so what are the lvl caps. He said and I've heard and seen others keep their chars at lvl 50 to get preferable rankings
    People report the difference when You level Your first char above lvl100. Happened to me as well, but I thought it's just a coincidence.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Theoretically, your matchups are based only on your wins and losses and not on your roster - probably weighted by the rankings of who you win or lose to with a heavy weight towards recent results. It could be coincidental that your friend got tougher opponents when he leveled up, or maybe there is a temporary raising of your ranking from the leveling. Either way, it will be overcome by actual results in a relatively quick manner - if opponents are too tough, he'll have to lose more before they get easier.
  • Tharos
    Tharos Posts: 129
    Options
    It happened to me when I leveled Punisher from 115 to 141, with no other char above 100.
    But after 3 days of tanking, it went back to something more manageable: a mix of OBW and some nearly-maxed 3*. Nothing like the full 212/141/141 I had before tanking.