The Hunt

Comments

• People had 10 days to figure out system... System and algorithms are bad. but there was enough time to plan your strategy. I finished top 3.
  • Top 3. Was grinding 9 point matches at the end, all a bit frantic, only jumped into top 3 with about 5 minutes left. Rubber banding was not ideal, but my god it was better that than having to grind non-stop for days.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Is it me or did the rubber banding get a lot weaker. I had an hour to get 1000 points to retake first and I couldn't manage.
    10-day effect.
  • Grind grind grind - about 10 pts per mission - but I did get Punisher with three covers icon_e_smile.gif
  • forgrim wrote:
    there is initial outrage that will die down after the punisher is rewarded in every tournament for the next month.

but brackets in pve events, i'm beginning to think its generally a bad idea.
    Brackets are fine but this rubber banding **** had got to go. I went to bed 15th thinking I was good to go with it and they randomly without warning made the rubber banding weaker.
  • Not sure how I should feel. I got first in my bracket barring someone somehow gaining 100+ points in one match who was in the top 5...but I ended the event with 2998X points and missed the red I'M40 I wanted :/ I feel plenty got screwed. It felt like my strat worked to a T but it should have been an advantage..not THE advantage. That said, 2nd in my bracket had been 1st since last night and likely finished #2...so in a way rankings were semi determined by last night (I woke up 2 hrs ago @60).

If I had 5 more min..lol. I lollygaged around too much earlier on the off chance someone lower pushed. Just needed to complete 1-2 more matches for the IM. O well...I don't use his red and I'll prob get another sometime in the future.

Condolences to all those spread on a pinball machine.
  • forgrim wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    #1 easily icon_e_smile.gif

i did the same thing as you and i can stand here and tell people "oh plan better, etc, etc"

but i'll come out and state the rubberbanding is completely broken.

started at rank 200, played 1 hour, rank 1.

as much as i love the fact that i loooooooove not having to play so much and destroy my soul, the people who played consistently should be awarded more than us and frankly, we gamed the system.

the best idea is just to make a ton of progression rewards, and no placement rewards for pve. there's no gd fix for this.

Hats off to you forgrim, for being a humble winner and not gloating. icon_e_wink.gif ...and also acknowleging there is a real problem...
    For those of us that did put in a ton on hours only to get nothing in the end, it's frustrating to say the least...

So whats the lesson here for future events? ...to NOT play, and just wait until the last minute and let rubberbanding slingshot you to the top in only a few battles? icon_e_confused.gif
  • Ps. Looking at the "whose online" thus is easily the most I've seen at once
  • Saved all savage missions until the end. Started #107 with an hour to go, finished 5th. I missed #3 by one battle... Oh well.

I'm sure Punisher will end up like IM40 where they gave out multiple covers as progression rewards.
  • I ended up top 50 (I about guarantee it was top 25 at worst) so I at least got 1 punisher. Was really expecting a top 15 but with all this blatant rage from the community I expect bigger and better changes in the future.

Let's all remember we are working with a good customer support team and even though this event was fked I expect great things in the near future. Maybe not the event I'm expecting in 48 minutes (fingers crossed (and that it's good)) but I feel confident the system will improve.

Also I bet all you lame ***es will get your stupid dinosaur. All the cool characters like night crawler and carnage and dead pool and you all lobby for some silly dinosaur that can "bite". Super creative choice....
  • They need to setup a recruit card and compensate all of us who spent money and invested all of our time. Everyone should get one of each... That's would be fair to everyone, for those who somehow managed get lucky and get punisher, they will be able to level up each ability and those who were cheated out of there real money and time just to watch while others somehow still were able to rack up points, we all at least get what we should have got if they knew how to program and test out these things instead of testing out while we waste money and time.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    God bless brackets where you can take 1st with less than 3K points. I had nearly 48,000 and came in the top 100 after sitting and watching my ranking drop away in the last 2 hours of the game with my missions only being worth 10.

System is garbage.
  • forgrim wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

i did the same thing as you and i can stand here and tell people "oh plan better, etc, etc"

as much as i love the fact that i loooooooove not having to play so much and destroy my soul, the people who played consistently should be awarded more than us and frankly, we gamed the system.

the best idea is just to make a ton of progression rewards, and no placement rewards for pve. there's no gd fix for this.

I feel bad for people that got hosed but the rubberbanding mechanism i figured out like 2 days in and knew it would carry me to #1 easily =/
  • Rubber banding makes things so much easier.

Been top 20 or so all event, get up an hour before the event ends (yeah, 5am wake up sucks) and power for the last part. Finish top.

Wish lightning rounds were this easy icon_lol.gif
  • i was top 10 in my bracket for the whole tourney. with 30 mins before the end, i was 89th. i grinded he savage repeatables for that last half hour and came in top 15. pretty much what i was aiming for. marc
  • Ps. Looking at the "whose online" thus is easily the most I've seen at once
    I assume at least half of them got hit by the 0 point bug.
  • MrMeer wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Hats off to you forgrim, for being a humble winner and not gloating. icon_e_wink.gif ...and also acknowleging there is a real problem...
    For those of us that did put in a ton on hours only to get nothing in the end, it's frustrating to say the least...

So whats the lesson here for future events? ...to NOT play, and just wait until the last minute and let rubberbanding slingshot you to the top in only a few battles? icon_e_confused.gif

Not my experience at all. I consistently finished top 3 every day (i.e. after every set of 3 submissions). I didn't play constantly and I rubberbanded myself to win top 2 in all my Alaska sub-missions except my first one where I... woke up with 16 minutes on the clock and therefore finished 3rd. I would place 200-500 in all my other submissions, but in total these points would net me top 3.

I was not at all surprised to stay in top 3 to the very end. Had to grind things to <20 points so I guess my bracket wasn't as competitive. Maybe it's because my bracket just so happens to be filled with people without IW etc.
  • Sorry to hear people were getting 0 points at the end. I have to say I'm happy with myself, planned this event perfectly and got #1 with minimal effort.
  • Clint wrote:
    God bless brackets where you can take 1st with less than 3K points. I had nearly 48,000 and came in the top 100 after sitting and watching my ranking drop away in the last 2 hours of the game with my missions only being worth 10.

System is garbage.

When did u start? I started day 3, hence a sub 30k bracket (by 1 match :/)

And about devil dino. He should be part of the rewards for a 1* tournement as he is 1* rated. Would be awesome if he was part of a savage lands Mr.sinister/sauron event..nightcrawler could be in it too.

Also, don't think 0 points is a bug necessarily. I had the last lvl with sink blacked out and venom blacked pit by the end. I think they put a cap on the number of attempts/points/something. I am sure my other two would have blacked if I had gotten a few more matches on on each. Each round had a base min for first attempt that dropped from there. The PROBLEM is I think the drop only occurred after rubberbanding points finished disappearing.
  • Sorry to hear people were getting 0 points at the end. I have to say I'm happy with myself, planned this event perfectly and got #1 with minimal effort.

yes, those who figured out that banking up points than powering through it all at the end knew they'd win. however doesn't make it right. i've been burning out on the game so i probably missed 50% of the events. then i come and get top 3 over someone who's been playing more? its just flat out wrong. the system has to be revised where the rubberbanding gets capped per event so you don't get the 1500 points etc. that way you still have to do something.