Lightning Rounds 6/18 - Danger of the Drama Llama! Edition

Options
Lightning Rounds run for 48 hours. Featured heroes receive 50% buffs. Event tokens award worthless prizes. Enjoy the ISO!

Ghast...

Order (EST)

Black Widow (Grey Suit) - 1 pm, 1 am

Hulk, The (Indestructible) - 3 pm, 3 am

Iron Man (Model 40) - 5 pm, 5 am

Punisher, The (Dark Reign) - 7 pm, 7 am

Spider-Man (Classic) - 9 pm, 9 am

Wolverine (Patch) - 11 pm, 11 am

Progression Awards

025 - 140 ISO
050 - Standard token
100 - 250 ISO
250 - Standard token
500 - 500 ISO

I'm hungry, Ghast...

Tournament Rewards

1 - 3. 3 Lightning Round Tokens, 500 ISO
3 - 8. 2 Lightning Round Tokens, 500 ISO
9 - 25. 1 Lightning Round Token, 500 ISO
26 - 50. 2 Heroic Tokens, 500 ISO

You cannot ignore me forever....

51 - 100. 1 Heroic Token, 500 ISO
101 - 250. The bitter taste of defeat
250 - 500. The sweet smell of almonds, suddenly, as your cheek twitches involuntarily
500 - 1000. The cold feeling of dread you get when you know that you have forgotten something important - but cannot remember what
1000 - 2000. That fresh Spring look for less!
2000- 10,000. The sound of no hands clapping

Batt1e_Ange1 must FEED tonight, Ghaaast.....

Comments

• gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    YESSS!! Battle Angel Appeasement Day has Arrived!!

All hail the conquering hero Ghast leading the charge! icon_lol.gif

The Burning Question: What Rounds will be Appeasement Rounds?

Maybe ALL of them!? icon_e_wink.gif

I hope I'm not Bag-Man again icon_redface.gif

Maybe Yelena?! icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What is a decent score? I jumped out to 405 (#1 for first 35 minutes) and had The Valeyard drop 40 free points to me.. Figured I could shield there for some decent tokens?
  • Unknown
    Options
    That's good for top 25 in Spider-Man rounds, yeah. Patch and Punisher rounds are high-scoring affairs, but nobody wants to play Spidey anymore. Nobody.

I've heard rumors that the Hulk rounds are going to be especially brutal this week...
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are...are you a seed team Chimera? I kept getting you when still in the seed team zone
  • Unknown
    Options
    Am i? I need more ISO 410k isn't enough.

I swear they adjusted the seeds. I can normally break 250 with them, I can just get over 100 now with my most at 160s before they dissipate. Not happy.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    I swear they adjusted the seeds. I can normally break 250 with them, I can just get over 100 now with my most at 160s before they dissipate. Not happy.
    This GSBW round is the first time I've actually managed to do that - assuming I even see seed teams at all, they usually run out for me before or just after the 100 point mark.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I made it to 289 off seeds during Spider-Man.

But ewww, Spider-Man.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Well that was embarrassing...

L138 Patch + L125 Hulk + L77 IM40 versus L80 Hulk + L50 MStorm + L85 OBW should not have been a problem but you do kind of have to have AP do anything. I NEVER CAST A THING icon_eek.gif

And the best part? I wound up doing no damage whatsoever.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    That's good for top 25 in Spider-Man rounds, yeah. Patch and Punisher rounds are high-scoring affairs, but nobody wants to play Spidey anymore. Nobody...

Yep you are right. I got 3 last matches off to get up to maybe 479 and ended up winning... Pretty sure one was against you Ghast--
    Not that it matters. 3 tokens, 750 ISO. I've got pretty bad luck with those.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:
    This GSBW round is the first time I've actually managed to do that - assuming I even see seed teams at all, they usually run out for me before or just after the 100 point mark.

It seems to vary pretty widely. I've had rounds where I barely could break 100, and rounds where I make it over 300. Most of the time, the seed teams tend to take me either to about 171 or about 230. Not sure if there's any rhyme or reason to it, except it seems like if I go really high on one round, I don't usually on the next.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ok cool my MMR must just be in a wonky place then. Only got to 180 just now. Been able to break 250 in most rounds for the last 6 weeks so had to ask.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Random Lightning Round question--

The reward for rank 9 - 25 is one Lightning Round token and 500 ISO. The reward for rank 26 - 50 is two Recruit tokens and 500 ISO.

Isn't 2 Recruit tokens generally better than a single Lightning Round token? True that Recruit tokens don't yet have Lazy Daken but if you wait to cash the tokens in until he's added aren't you better off going for rank 26 - 50?
  • Unknown
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:

The reward for rank 9 - 25 is one Lightning Round token and 500 ISO. The reward for rank 26 - 50 is two Recruit tokens and 500 ISO.

Isn't 2 Recruit tokens generally better than a single Lightning Round token? True that Recruit tokens don't yet have Lazy Daken but if you wait to cash the tokens in until he's added aren't you better off going for rank 26 - 50?

Ding! Now don't spread it around.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The reward structure probably still thinks the Courageous/Villianous tokens are 3*.
  • Unknown
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:

If you push for rewards at the end, you'll notice that there's a really narrow band for 26-50 and a much wider one for 9-25. I always try to "fine tune" hitting in the mid-30s, and it's a pretty small target - sometimes I have to do something like win a game then retreat on one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Did they change something regarding seed teams?
    I just got into the Patch lightning round right when it started but there were no seed teams, just regular players with 0 points.
    I don't think that happened to me before, it's either seed teams with 0 points or regular players who already scored.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    I just got into the Patch lightning round right when it started but there were no seed teams, just regular players with 0 points.
    I don't think that happened to me before, it's either seed teams with 0 points or regular players who already scored.
    It happens when You're in the game in the Story window, not Versus.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    sup123 wrote:
    It happens when You're in the game in the Story window, not Versus.

Huh, didn't know that. There goes my free ride in this LR.
    Thanks.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    drama+llama+3.jpg