How to decrease scaling?

Phillipes
Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
I´d like to ask seasoned players how to decrease personall scaling.

My best characters are 70 lvl AWolw and 67 lvl OBW. And yes I use OBW practicly in all matches.
I´m playing for 47 days now.
I have read on this forum that grinding nodes to dust and using OBWs heal will raise my personall scaling.
Is this true?
In that grinding stuff it actually makes sense, but in using heal it actually doesn´t.
Why shouldn´t I use what is part of the game ?
(I have read Polaritys guide to PVE, but I have feeling it is little obsolete these days).

Can any of you 141 3* veterans clarify what are you doing when you had to fight 230+ lvl enemies ?

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Do you already get lvl 230s?
    I know that it makes a lot of sense to use your best character and heal, but if you can afford not to, just don't. Especially if you just finished clearing the nodes for a few hours, you can afford to get them all killed or badly hurt and use healthpacks on them, come back in 2,5 hours and have 5 healthpacks again.
  • Don't worry about scaling. 2* teams hardly see any scaling anymore, regardless of what you do in or out of the event. I've used Wolverine and OBW exclusively in the last two events. The highest level node in an event may become too hard for you in the last few hours, but you can just skip it and grind the rest. 141s have a completely different experience.
  • I haven't been able to increase my scaling in this event even if I tried, but the only way to lower scaling is time + getting your character killed, and they've to be quality characters relative to your roster. If you're running 85s, it should be at least someone who is level 50, for example. I believe they look at the HP of the character who died relative to your roster's strength in some way, otherwise you can just keep on killing a level 1 Yelena over and over again.

In the recent events I've not seen much effect on scaling either going up or down. If a node seems too hard for you, it's probably meant to be too hard for you.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I remember it differently, I used to get level 230 enemies all the time before I had a single 3*. And not just in the Simulator where levels are naturally high.

Proof:
    1mOtjrhl.png

^ some ridiculously scaled enemies in the past Brotherhood event (date taken February 26).

I used to heal every battle with either oBW or Spidey. I was a heavy stunlock abuser (back when it only cost 4, 3 or 2 AP to cast). Suffice to say, I try not to heal now in PvE at all, only when I might lose a critical match otherwise.

Maybe the current formula is different, and the scaling has been much more adequate overall recently, but still: try not to heal when it's not critical.
  • The events after Prodigal Sun seems to be relatively stable on scaling, and you can even argue Prodigal Sun levels are pretty reasonable since Daken was such a dominating force, capable of chewing up weak level 395 Avengers when properly supported, as long as you're not fighting Thor or the HT + 2 green pump battle.

Now the events before that, yeah, the scaling can be all over the place there, but hopefully that's in the past.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    thanks you all for answers, conlusion is, that I shouldn´t heal if it is absolutely necessary.