The Hunt

Comments

• abuelo wrote:
    Hm, didn't recieve a reward for The hunt: Alaska despite finishing top 100. Annoying.

Same thing happened to me, but I got it when I closed the app and restarted it.
  • Somehow I found myself in 1st place with 11 hr left. Still have all my missions left to do. Guess Ill save them until the last hour.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Somehow I found myself in 1st place with 11 hr left. Still have all my missions left to do. Guess Ill save them until the last hour.

I don't think that will end well for you, to be honest. First place is not where you want to be, unfortunately.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Missing for more than 3 days Bainee and Shuino are back and as expected back in the top 10, I guess the rubberbanding stretches way back. Am off to bed as #7 with Bainee #1 and Shuino at #4, guess when I wake up I'll play catch up
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Somehow I found myself in 1st place with 11 hr left. Still have all my missions left to do. Guess Ill save them until the last hour.

I don't know if this will benefit you...

Also, in general, it's probably not a good idea for this one to "save" doing certain levels until the end...
    It seems that the rubberbanding effect works on all levels.

So, if you have a level showing, say 300 points, you can't just sit on it while you go and do other levels...
    By the time you get back to it, it'll be substantially depreciated...
    So, IMO, if the level's easy and presently worth a decent amount of points, do it and move on...
  • Well, with under a day left, what's everyone sitting at total point wise, and throw in your position too if you don't mind.
    Just doing the missions after a 6 hour break..
    Currently 105 @ 45338
    Number 1: A Double @ 46537
    Number 2: Rithian @ 46500 (Only truly noteworthy player on my list)

Side note: The rubberbanding stuff... It's working pretty well, I've managed to pull top 10 everytime i come back, considering i was top 5 all the way through the beginning missions in my bracket. Would never have dropped below 50 if i had IW though... IW made a huge difference with the points you could obtain from the basic number crunching i did. (400-500 points per set)
    I also guess I got lucky and there's only a few noteworthy players in my bracket..

I don't know about yall, but I'm a bit more interseted in the HP reward for the top players than the new cover, as good as it is.

This tournement was pretty fun too, despite it being dreadfully long..
  • Sitting in 16th place on 31576 at the moment, leader is on 32081. There is no-one in the top 20 that I recognize from the forum, just hoping that saving the last missions until the last hour will allow me a place in the top 3 now.
  • Nick-Fury wrote:
    Sitting in 16th place on 31576 at the moment, leader is on 32081. There is no-one in the top 20 that I recognize from the forum, just hoping that saving the last missions until the last hour will allow me a place in the top 3 now.

Sounds like an easy bracket icon_e_wink.gif At mine I'm sitting at #19 with 47727 points, #1 has 48092 points. No known enemies on my bracket afaik.

And hey Nick, nice rush to 1000 yesterday at the doom event icon_e_wink.gif
  • Currently #1 in my bracket with 49768 points, no mission left. Hope I can stay in top 3 till the end.
  • 50k+ for first right now in my bracket. I'm at 64 with 49k

My highest mission gives 100, so no chance of catching up unless I get rubber banded before it ends
  • 1st and 10th are separated bt less than 1000 points. Rubberbanding too real. I don't doubt someone from 100+ could come in and just steal top 3.
  • There is everything possible. Last night I was 376th with 3k points behind #1. After I finished I was #2 with 50-100 points difference. So don't underestimate rubberbanding icon_e_wink.gif
  • Arclight wrote:
    There is everything possible. Last night I was 376th with 3k points behind #1. After I finished I was #2 with 50-100 points difference. So don't underestimate rubberbanding icon_e_wink.gif
    I don't underestimate it one bit. I'm actually a little scared. As someone who's already sitting in top 3, I can't seem to muster any optimal strategy other than hope for the best.
  • My bracket is really competitive. I have also been changing ranks all over the place. Currently 80th @51.837 points, leader has 52.816. Since I'm content with top 100 (still need those Wolvie covers) I am confident that I will reach my goal with a little bit of pushing in the last hour of the tourney.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Anybody place top 3 in side events more than once?

Yes - 3rd twice. Shame only top two got the 500hp prizes lol
  • Currently 20th with 300 points between me and 3rd. I think this is doable. I may be a fool.
  • 45k points, #205.

Synthorange is #1 at 46296 points. #10 has 46038. Think the bracket is rather tight?

I haven't done a single mission in Savage Lands yet. Not sure how long to wait to start to maximize my points. I just know that I cannot wait until the last hour because I have other things to do today as well.
  • Grinding every day to keep top 10, there are no points left on the board for me to do missions. Rubber banding will force me out of top 50.

I hope devs are watching this, as I highly doubt the intentions were to punish players for playing too much.
  • kripton wrote:
    Grinding every day to keep top 10, there are no points left on the board for me to do missions. Rubber banding will force me out of top 50.

I hope devs are watching this, as I highly doubt the intentions were to punish players for playing too much.

I ran into this too, I hope they are watching. This is like punishing the players that worked hard. I stayed up all day and all night. I hope they fix this ASAP.
  • kripton wrote:
    Grinding every day to keep top 10, there are no points left on the board for me to do missions. Rubber banding will force me out of top 50.

Same here. Can't do anymore missions and i'm out from top 50. I was consistently in top 10.

The last 10 days has been gruesome enough and now bye bye punisher.

Well, i guess the real prize here is all the iso and spidey i collected during event