Demiurge looking to expand to consoles?

Options
Saw this job posting:

Senior Software Engineer
We’re looking for outstanding engineers to join our team! If you have a passion for gameplay, physics, networking, tools and/or graphics we’d love to hear from you. As an engineer at Demiurge Studios you’ll work with other engineers, artists and designers to deliver innovative games for the PC, Android and iOS devices. Demiurge development teams are cohesive, highly skilled and well-supported…come join us!

Responsibilities
Work closely with art and design to understand and define game features and system requirements
Author technical design documents for the team which specify what will be developed and how
Provide time estimates and development plans for feature development
Implement, test, debug and maintain source code
Provide ongoing support to art and design
Track your development progress and keep production management well-informed
Think creatively and work proactively to solve any blocking issues for yourself and your teammates
Deliver high quality, functional systems on time and to specification
Review the work of other engineers and provide constructive guidance in a highly collaborative environment
Make educated trade-offs among scope, quality and pace.
Must-Have Qualifications
4+ years game industry experience
Strong C++ programming and software architecture skills
**** or higher in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
Engineering credits on one or more shipped titles for iOS, Android, PC, Xbox or PlayStation
Experience developing software for one or more of the following systems: Physics, Animation, Graphics, Networking, Gameplay, AI, UI, Audio
A strong background in 3D math, trigonometry and linear algebra
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Has an interest in good software engineering practices and maintaining code quality
Self motivated and able to achieve development goals with minimal supervision
Has a passion for games and plays them regularly
Must be eligible to work in United States
Has outside interests!

Preference to Applicants with
Experience coding core engine systems (memory management, event handlers, I/O, etc.)
Experience setting up automated build systems and unit test frameworks.
Shipped a PSN or XBLA title
Comfortable working in PC, Linux and Cygwin environments
Experience developing games using agile methodologies

Please email your cover letter, resume and a code sample to: jobs@demiurgestudios.com

http://jobs.gamasutra.com/job/senior-so ... etts-26388

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    A strong background in 3D math, trigonometry and linear algebra

So the title will surely have epic scaling/progression cockups.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I guess it's comforting that they are hiring. After all of the bugs introduced in r55 and their complete lack of communication in its aftermath, I feared that they were on their last legs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    That was exactly my thought process and what inspired my google searching. It has started to feel like this game was on auto-pilot/zombie mode.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    I guess it's comforting that they are hiring. After all of the bugs introduced in r55 and their complete lack of communication in its aftermath, I feared that they were on their last legs.

Maybe they are on their last legs. Maybe everyone gave up and went home, and just the janitor has been their to feed and water the hamsters...I mean hamster.

So now they need to go on a hiring spree. I notice the lack of a requirement for any type of customer service skills...just saying...
  • Unknown
    Options
    According to internet Demiurge has worked on quite a few console games already