Shield Sim question for 2*/1-2* transitioning players

Options
mohio
mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
I was just thinking about the progression rewards in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator and wondering how useful they actually are to ANYONE outside of true beginners. Outside of the 2 25 hp rewards (which are nice, but nothing outstanding) the first meaningful reward is the Ares cover at 1600. You then have 2* after that (and one more hp) up until the 3* at 3000.

Being a 2*-3* transitioning (almost there) player myself, I know the 3* covers are pie in the sky for everyone except those who likely don't need it anyway. But I can easily get to 2000+ without even trying very hard, so it's hard for me to gauge how weaker rosters fare. So, my question to all you guys and gals in the 1*-2* transition or even firmly in the 2* camp is: how high have you guys been getting in the simulator anyway? If you need at least some maxed 2*s to even come close to getting to 1600 points, then those covers from 1600-3000 are most likely not going to be super useful (I know even as a 2-3 player I needed some Ares and OBW covers that I was missing, so they're not ALL going to be useless, but you can still get by without them).

My suspicion is that the rewards are a little too high for the players which would actually benefit the most from receiving those rewards, so every progression pretty just amounts to 100 or 250 iso. Feedback on whether that's the case or not for you, or any comments/vents you guys want to throw out there about the simulator in general is what this thread is for so go for it! icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I got up to 1800 before getting hit pretty hard over the last few days with a 2 star team. It's not really worth the effort, since I don't need any covers up to the 3000 level which I'm obviously not going to reach, and based on the current rankings a extra few hundred points or so is not going to change the final rewards I get significantly (if at all). I did need some of the OBW covers at the start of the season, but they came from the events and random match rewards in pvp so SHIELD sim became a much lower priority. Playing just about any other of the events would be more rewarding. There's always a PvP, and usually a PvE, and often some kind of bonus pvp as well (Lightning Rounds, or the weekend double pvp time).
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    From what i've seen in my opponents, A full 2 star team can get to around 2k before they start getting losing points. But the next couple days are gonna be rough cause there's a ton of people just starting sim now and they're getting 50 point matches with pretty much every opponent. so i would say with a full 2 star roster you can get to 2k with effort to stay there but most likely you'd hover around 1800 with any consistency
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can answer initial question.
    In the beginning of season 2 simulator, I had IM35 on lvl 50, Juggs on 40.
    I had most powerful 2* heroes on around 30 lvl. It was possible to score aprox. 600 points. Not more.

In the end of season 2 simulator (3 days), I had AWolw and OBW on lvl. 60. My third hero was venom on 40 lvl, just to use black AP.
    It was possible to score 1100 points. And for last game, I switched OBW for 55 Thor for defense. My enemies at this point
    was practicly full 85 2* team.

Coclusion: it was not possible to score 1600 points just to get 2* cover.
    1* covers as progression rewards were useless, because you really need to have atleast IM35 on 50,
    Juggs on 40, and some 2* on 50, to score just 500 - 600 point. After that, you need to have atleast mediocre 2* team.

Im quite dissapointed to see that same goes for season 3 simulator.
  • mohio
    Options
    Yeah, I'm quite happy that they lowered the 3* progression goal, but disappointed they didn't lower the 2* ones some as well. On the other hand just playing matches will get you a bunch of 2* so maybe it's not a huge issue after all.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm with a 2* roster, I managed to get around 1800 points. I may get more, but with no interesting rewards, it was a lost of time for me.

For most of the players the rewards are meaningless : first 2* cover at 1600 while a 1* roster will hardly hit 1000 point for example.

But we shouldn't forget that there are numerous player at different stages of gaming.
    For example, my 2* roster is maxed (in terms of cover), so the cover reward after a match is just an iso-provider, and I will be happy if they do the same with 3* icon_lol.gif . But when they implemented this feature, i was exactly in the 1-->2* transition. I didn't know it was permanent so I play like a dement during 2 days and manage to get 45 useful 2* covers to make my roster.
    When you start the game, you were happy when you get 1 or 2 covers a day. Now, i'm sure you sell around 100 or 150 of them by week !

It's always the 'carrot and stick', but the carrot can't be placed well for everyone. Some will find the 1600 Daken useless, some way too high and other will work hard to get this cover that will help them max their first 2*.

(And same go with rubberbanding : everyone on the forum complain about it. But everyone was OK with it when you were a low player and you could sneak into a top 100 in PvE, getting your first 3* cover !)
  • CrawHammerfist
    CrawHammerfist Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Finished Season 2 with 3500 (total score, not just the Sim), just out of top 1000. Thor @ 61, IM35 @ 50, MStorm @ 73 (she dies a LOT as a tank and the blue is better spent by OBW), OBW @ 40, CStorm @ 49 (still effective in the desert). Starting Season 3, in just the sim with Thor85, Wolverine 61, OBW 61 as the best option, I got rejected right at 798. From there it was win 15 lose 18 all the way down to 700. I started WAY too early, I think. Still haven't wrapped my head around the scaling and rubberbanding. I don't even know if they apply to PvP. Do they?
  • mohio
    Options
    The equivalent of scaling in PvP is your MMR which is a rating the game gives you in order to attempt to match you against other players with similar roster strengths. The equivalent of rubberbanding in PvP is simply the point system and there are 2 things going on. First: below I think 500 points your losses from defeats are softened from what they "should" be. What that means is a guy can attack you for 30+ points, but you'll only lose 20 if you're at a low value (this is actually extended WAY higher in SHIELD Simulator from my experience). The other thing is, attacking a team with a lot more points than you will gain you many more points than another team with equal or fewer points. So, if you're on 200 points and attack a guy at 500, you'll gain like 35 points, instead of the normal 25 for a team with the same points as you.