**** Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D) ****

Comments

• Justdangit wrote:
    [anchor=nickfury4]Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.)[/anchor] steals 3 AP from the enemy's strongest color before converting to a 42 Strike tile.

Level 4 - Steals 9 AP.
    so if you against for example: ldaken+BP+gsbw all 141 you'll get 27 ap(9+9+9)?don't have fury to test it
  • deadlylol wrote:
    Justdangit wrote:
    [anchor=nickfury4]Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.)[/anchor] steals 3 AP from the enemy's strongest color before converting to a 42 Strike tile.

Level 4 - Steals 9 AP.
    so if you against for example: ldaken+BP+gsbw all 141 you'll get 27 ap(9+9+9)?don't have fury to test it

no, you'll get 9 of a random one of those colors. BP also has a "strongest color" (dis)ability and that's how he works.

either that or it'll be like psylocke's steal that picks whatever ap they have the most of, with ties being randomized.
  • Now that we're about to get his blue covers. What do you think the move does as it's leveled?
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Now that we're about to get his blue covers. What do you think the move does as it's leveled?
    Probably adds even more traps and more damage.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that we're about to get his blue covers. What do you think the move does as it's leveled?
    I'm stopping by Retribution street first thing tomorrow morning to see what a 0/5/5 Fury looks like.
    This seriously is the best bit about season 2 ending icon_lol.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could have sworn I've listed the blue levels, but I can't find it anywhere
  • I got my blue cover and tested it. It seems like you only get the damage for one of the trap detonating, so if it's say 300 damage X 2 traps, it only does 300 damage (but the other trap does blow up). This means you're better off detonating your own traps (which only blows up one at a time). I guess this makes sense because Demoltion was extrapolating to something like 20K damage if all 6 traps gets tripped (assuming level 5 is 6 traps). Looking at the numbers this means you'd have about 8K worth of trap damage spread out in 6 tiles for you to blow up for 10 blue, which is still a pretty big chunk of damage. It seems kind of counterintuitive that a trap is better off for you to match than the enemy but I guess the concept works.
  • Weird. So it may actually be better to go 3 blue, so you have fewer traps, and thus less chance of the enemy blowing them all up at once?

I suppose it would depend on the extrapolated damage of 3/5 covers, though. Maybe the extra damage on an enemy detonation makes it worthwhile anyways.

(Side note: I can already tell this skill is going to be a pain in the **** to talk about.)
  • Now that I think about it this is the exact opposite of Daredevil's trap. You want to be the guy detonating them while the enemy disarms it by tripping over it. From Colo's roster the level 169 stats are 1138 if enemy matched/569 if you match, and level 5 creates 7 traps (level 4 creates 5 traps). Nick Fury has 6000 HP at this level, so with 7 traps you can do up to (569*6 + 1138) = 4552 damage, and as few as 1138 damage if it's immediately disarmed. Assuming this scales linearly at this point, Nick Fury has around 8K HP so the expected range would be (8/6) * (1138-4552) = 1517 to 6069 damage.

That's an awfully large range of possible damage, and with 7 traps there's a pretty good chance you'll get something on the lower end because it's increasingly more likely the enemy trips over it, though the high end damage is indeed quite impressive.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Hmm... I just noticed that all Fury abilities cost 10 or higher AP. I fought against some weird dude twice in training yesterday - maxed oBW/Hood and a level 200+ X-Farce. Since X-Farce has 15 red, 15 green and 10 yellow abilities, only the yellow could be realistically fired - not that it mattered as X-Farce got downed soon anyway or the CD got matched. I wasn't running Magneto, but my own Hood/oBW. Afraid Fury was designed as being quite weak against the Hood (not to mention that Avengers Assemble requires a whole plethora of AP). Fury's cheaper ability is _traps_, and we all know how reliable those are.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Hm, I wonder if it's just not working correctly?

The description makes it sound fairly straightforward:
    Creates 2 trap tiles that, when matched by the enemy, detonate in unison dealing 348 damage each (but not generating AP).

I ran a quick test and noticed the same, though...definitely didn't account for all tiles doing damage.

Maybe...it's counting all of the non-matched tiles as the damage dealing ones? So, if there are 7 traps, one gets matched, the other 6 detonate and do damage? Somebody with more than 1 cover could probably test that...
  • Ok, I just tested the blue myself and it seemed to work properly. I fired the ability multiple times against Ragnarok in the prologue, and he ended up detonating 4 traps, for a total of 1329 damage - exactly as the ability suggests.

Can people try testing the ability with at least 3 traps on board? It may make a difference.
  • 0/4/5

lvl 169 fury.
    HP: 6042

4 blue

create 5 traps when match deal 1148 damage each. If you match a trap, deal 569 damage. Enemies cannot see the trap

lvl 5 blue creates 7 traps
  • 20 blue makes this move a "next turn" ko machine... but 20 on another ap might wipe half a team....so i dont know. if they detonated one at a time it would be insanity.

still, yellow has always been what interests me the most.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Just played with Fury in the Hood PvP used him with LT.
    The blue does work as worded if the opponent matches it goes off for 5500 damage. Even matching it yourself adds a 500 point damage kicker to each match. This is the first pure blue damage dealer in the game and as such will give Fury a unique spot in team composition.
    Escape Hatch produces a random colored CD timer no placing it.

I have also been one of the biggest skeptics of a defensive team but I left up a Sentry/Hood/Fury team in the Hood PvP if anyone wants to take a shot and see. My expectation is that team is simple enough to use that even the AI will damage someone pretty severely going against it and so when it counts down the stretch even if I'm worth a lot of points people will hit skip rather than get damaged.

I'll be fooling around with Fury in both Hood PvP and SHIELD sim for the next day or so; if you want to see how he works in the AI hands go ahead and have some fun.

They just might have made a 4* worthy of the rating.
  • I've updated Fury's page on the wiki :

http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... .H.I.E.L.D.)

So you can see his data per level up to level 148.

Decided to go for 3 blue to begin with until I can see what the yellow is worth.
  • Maestro145
    Maestro145 Posts: 58
    Just played with Fury in the Hood PvP used him with LT.
    The blue does work as worded if the opponent matches it goes off for 5500 damage. Even matching it yourself adds a 500 point damage kicker to each match. This is the first pure blue damage dealer in the game and as such will give Fury a unique spot in team composition.

I have also been one of the biggest skeptics of a defensive team but I left up a Sentry/Hood/Fury team in the Hood PvP if anyone wants to take a shot and see. My expectation is that team is simple enough to use that even the AI will damage someone pretty severely going against it and so when it counts down the stretch even if I'm worth a lot of points people will hit skip rather than get damaged.

I'll be fooling around with Fury in both Hood PvP and SHIELD sim for the next day or so; if you want to see how he works in the AI hands go ahead and have some fun.

Hi, do all the traps trigger together if one is matched?
  • Just played with Fury in the Hood PvP used him with LT.

Yep he is op even with only 2 of his skills, and I bet his yellow is the best of all 3.
    D3 keep ignoring old weaker characters and making new and more powerful ones just to get as much as money possible before this game dies, which is not very far away without new elements.
  • Grazzt wrote:
    Yep he is op even with only 2 of his skills, and I bet his yellow is the best of all 3.
    D3 keep ignoring old weaker characters and making new and more powerful ones just to get as much as money possible before this game dies, which is not very far away without new elements.

Gotta love the these doom and gloom posts. I read the same thing about WoW 10 years ago....
  • Just played with Fury in the Hood PvP used him with LT.

My long-term goal in this game is a maxed Punisher/Nick Fury/The Hood - rainbow useful actives, and Hood doesn't have to tank a single colour. I have to admit Sentry would probably be stronger than Punisher, but Pun/NF/Hood has an elegance that appeals to me. icon_razz.gif