Constantly getting attacked

Options
Hey Guys,

With the new cage match, is anyone getting attacked heavily? I'm rank 150 with 250 points, and I'm getting attacked by the second. I'm not losing a lot because I have low points, but when I get attacked by 10 people in less than an hour, it amounts to about 40 points. I'm scared to get more points because it's going to be insane. The funny part is that people are attacking with 500+ points, so retaliation is a must, but it's just very irritating. Before this I maybe got attacked once every 5 hours? Even near the end, the last 3 hours when everyone makes the sprint to finish, I might get attacked 4 to 5 times. Is it just because everyone wants Lazy Thor?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Patch is popular, boosted Patch kills things really quickly and L.Thor covers are desirable. That pretty much covers it
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Funny. I put my tank team in after I reached 500. Only 3 hits in the last 3 hours.

Same thing happened last tourney.

Guess I'll have to swap Bagman and Venom with Daken and Bullseye. icon_neutral.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    What are you guys using to take out lvl 212 patches? That's all I get as opponents. His heal is too much for me to take him down fast enough. I usually wait until he lays down swords then try to take him down fast, but doing that is a gamble. What eam are you guys using? Anyone running with loki?
  • Unknown
    Options
    What are you guys using to take out lvl 212 patches? That's all I get as opponents. His heal is too much for me to take him down fast enough. I usually wait until he lays down swords then try to take him down fast, but doing that is a gamble. What eam are you guys using? Anyone running with loki?

OK, this isn't much help but since you asked.... i'm killing lvl 212 patch with level 212 patch (and C.Mags so it's kind of easy as hell). If you're willing to take a beserk rage to the face a well covered C.Mags can do the business with saved up red and blue straight after even if your Patch is ****. Hulk is generally considered as good vs Patch (assuming you don't mind needing to heal) but a 212 patch does take rather large chunks out of him. Anger can still do a lot of work after an incoming beserk rage.

Finally Punisher is good at punishing (see what I did there? icon_e_smile.gif beserk rage because molotov is cheap AoE to make use of strikes and the attack tile does great work as well.
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've lost over 20 matches in less than two hours. Had 350 PTs. Down to 170 now.
  • Unknown
    Options

C.Mags after a berserker rage is all kinds of unfair.

There's other ways but that's the most reliable one. 9 green and some blue and red and you basically chew through 212 patch, 141 thor, 141 hulk (which seems to be a very common team this time) like it ain't there. I don't even have a 212 patch myself, boosted he's about 130-something, but that's well and truly enough.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I only have a 141 punisher. I seem to be doing ok but it's still hard and lol 200+ patch is suicide for me. My mags is only at 4/2/2 so he's useless to me for now. I guess it's just frustrating, as we've been reading all over the forums, to win 30 points only to lose 50.
  • Unknown
    Options
    tbighead21 wrote:
    I've lost over 20 matches in less than two hours. Had 350 PTs. Down to 170 now.

Early in tournament I posted a tank team (not even at 0 but at 170-ish points) and it got just 2 hits... People can't be bothered bashing lvl20 things even... Weird for sure.
  • Unknown
    Options

TBTI seems to handle that fine even at level 4. Spamming stuff after berseker is okay too. If your patch has any juice it should be no problem to do the offense.