I resent the SHIELD training - season 2

Options
I'm sitting here wasting my Thursday night mindlessly grinding up 2000 points in the SHIELD tourney because I have to keep pace with everyone elses 2000 points they are going to post. No real significant rewards to be won, no real interesting wrinkle in the matches outside of vanilla PvP. Just roughly 50 matches (@ 40 points each) I need to go through for not much reason at all.

Please devs, lets not make this a part of season 3 or at least replace all the reward tiers with more ISO/boosts instead.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I'm sitting here wasting my Thursday night mindlessly grinding up 2000 points in the SHIELD tourney because I have to keep pace with everyone elses 2000 points they are going to post. No real significant rewards to be won, no real interesting wrinkle in the matches outside of vanilla PvP. Just roughly 50 matches (@ 40 points each) I need to go through for not much reason at all.

Please devs, lets not make this a part of season 3 or at least replace all the reward tiers with more ISO/boosts instead.

I am watching old episodes of psych (never saw first 2 seasons). Though i am doing more recruiting than playing atm...I need to do the same as you because my young bro has college grad on Saturday, which would have been my "go from 500-2000+" time. Luckily neither this nor psyche is high intellect...so I can multitask completely with very little negative.

They need to give it decent progress rewards. Otherwise, I don't mind it. Without it, scores are a little too stagnant on the last day imo. The grind is boring indeed.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like Shield Simulator for the sole fact I can PvP against actually teams of 3 and not 2+forced third. It's also a great place to farm iso any time of day.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:

Very simple, don't go through it. I just played my first 3-4 games in recent hours, originally thought to skip it completely just hit a 10-minute idle period, it was actually interesting as I saw team compositions I never fought before. Current plan is to just pick out similarly interesting games, as most offers are 45+ from this low I expect simple and fast rise over 1000 maybe even 1500 -- then the moment it becomes just grind I restrict to "retal for sport".

Te World Cup creates 2x90m good playing time daily, it looks like covering for this very thing.