** Ares (Dark Avengers) **

Comments

• I can confirm it's still here.

Working as intended.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Isn't this at least the second time they've said they've fixed it? It's hilarious (and I actually don't mean that in a bitter way) how incompetent they seem to be.
  • You know how it goes, a plenty of changes just happen, not announced. For good balance some must be announced but not happen actually. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    The tile disappears if you kill him. If he Kills himself with the attack then it stays on the board.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    tbighead21 wrote:
    The tile disappears if you kill him. If he Kills himself with the attack then it stays on the board.
    That's exactly the problem, lol.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    I feel like True Healing has made Ares more useful than Thor when used with OBW. I am willing to use Sunder in more situations now that the health from AGD is temporary. Cast AGD, cast Sunder, then when the CD tile goes off he gains real health.
  • Any consensus on optimal build? I'm thinking 5/3/5?
    4/4/5. It's not better casting green at 5 than casting at 6. Only cost difference. You will want to use it with accumulated green anyway.
  • There are few things more satisfying that hitting a Hulk with Sunder and then Onslaught for 30 and watching his gigantic health bar just vanish.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Was the change to sunder snuck in with the update?

It is now a 2 turn countdown tile.
  • If you have 5 covers, it has been a 2 turn countdown. The change it was supposed to fix was that when an AI controlled Ares committed suicide with Sunder, the countdown tile would stay on the board. Not sure if they got that right this time, but fingers crossed.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Been facing him in pve too much, I guess
  • Ares earlier today did indeed kill himself with a Sunder.

AND THE TILE POOFED RIGHT AWAY!

In my experience Sunder is FINALLY working as intended!!
  • Nereb wrote:
    Ares earlier today did indeed kill himself with a Sunder.

AND THE TILE POOFED RIGHT AWAY!

In my experience Sunder is FINALLY working as intended!!
    Well, haven't really seen this. But if that's really the case, then poof !!! Finally !! Wahahah
  • Hey guys!

I have a quick question, would really appreciate some insights:

I want to build an Ares, but I have no rooster space for him.

Right now I've got 6 covers waiting to be recruited, and one is about to expire in 20 hours.

My question is, of the 3 Stars I only have ONE cover, which one would you recommend me to ditch for Ares?

***Storm Mohawk
    ***Hulk
    ***Thor
    ***Spider Man
    ***Psylocke
    ***Human Torch
    ***Falcon

I also have a Doctor Doom with 3 black powers, but I don't think I wanna loose him.

What you guys think? Should I trade any of those to build my Ares?

Thanks already.
  • Spider-Man is probably the least useful of those.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    CafeMaia wrote:
    Hey guys!

I have a quick question, would really appreciate some insights:

I want to build an Ares, but I have no rooster space for him.

Right now I've got 6 covers waiting to be recruited, and one is about to expire in 20 hours.

My question is, of the 3 Stars I only have ONE cover, which one would you recommend me to ditch for Ares?

***Storm Mohawk
    ***Hulk
    ***Thor
    ***Spider Man
    ***Psylocke
    ***Human Torch
    ***Falcon

I also have a Doctor Doom with 3 black powers, but I don't think I wanna loose him.

What you guys think? Should I trade any of those to build my Ares?

Thanks already.

I'm gonna have to agree with Ben Grimm on this one. Spider-Man is now mainly not worth it. If you're like me, I'd keep Spider-Man cause he's my favorite! Hahaha, plus I do like his protect tiles he puts up. If it were me, I'd probably get rid of Mohawk Storm. Haven't seen covers for her in a very long time, but she has been changed to become more useful. Or you could use the sale they have going on and buy Hero Points at a discount!
  • Ares will really help you bridge from 2* to 3* rosters in the long run, so good for you trying to build one and replacing a 1 cover 3*.

Spiderman is kinda useless especially in low cover numbers, but I would personally sell Storm. With the potential damage nerf of her new yellow power and low HP total she will be a useless 3*. That said she is due to be featured in Season IV sometime, and they have been crossing over featured with Season IV and PvE quite a lot, so I dunno. Spiderman will probably hurt you less in the short term.
  • thank you all for your answers
    I was afraid you'd say that...
    From all those covers Spider man and Storm are def my favourites, but I was kind of expecting them to be the worst chars os the ones I listed.
    So it hurts me to do this, but I'm prob gonna get rid of Spider Man, I hope I wont regret it, but I guess I'll have plenty of time to build one in the future.
    thanks again for the help. Cheers
  • Abralicious
    Abralicious Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Ares speaks! Finally!
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2014
    Ares speaks! Finally!

Deadpool: "rabble rabble typical deadool rabble"
    Ares: "I´m Greek !"

Our Ares is soo talkative now! icon_mrgreen.gif