The Hunt

Comments

• It's been very similar for me. I'm generally playing only once in the evenings right now. I'm usually in the lower Wolverine tiers for placement when I start, then in the lower Punisher tiers when I finish. I think I'm just gonna aim for the Wolverine covers since I need several of his. I expect Punisher will be available in 200 or 500 person brackets in the next couple weeks, attainable with much less grinding.
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    There's currently someone sitting at the top of the ranking in 'Florida' with 10000. How is that possible? icon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gif
  • And if the rubber banding wasn't bad enough, now we get a rules change in the middle of the event (at least for anyone who runs the latest update). They have changed the buffs to remove the crit multiplier.

I guess there is nobody at D3 who cares about their tournaments being fair in the least.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    zhadum wrote:
    And if the rubber banding wasn't bad enough, now we get a rules change in the middle of the event (at least for anyone who runs the latest update). They have changed the buffs to remove the crit multiplier.

I guess there is nobody at D3 who cares about their tournaments being fair in the least.
    At least it isn't in the last few hours of the tournament, like they've done in the past. Repeatedly
  • Just brought a Heroic Pack, and one of the ten was INVISIBLE WOMAN! HORRAY!
  • Spoit wrote:
    zhadum wrote:
    And if the rubber banding wasn't bad enough, now we get a rules change in the middle of the event (at least for anyone who runs the latest update). They have changed the buffs to remove the crit multiplier.

At least it isn't in the last few hours of the tournament, like they've done in the past. Repeatedly

So it isn't just that something slipped through the cracks. It really is that they don't care.

That makes me feel SO much better.
  • Has anyone been able to get the 500hp spot in more than one event yet? I got it in the first Alaska, and have been trying all sorts of nonsense to score a 2nd round, but can't seem to crack top 25 (a faaaar distance from 1st) each time I've made a push.
  • zhadum wrote:

Considering the crit mechanic in regards to buffed covers was probably the most frustrating or wonderful tile drop possibility. This sounds amazing to be removed, so tired of the drop down lucky crits that just kill something instantly.

The real question is when the hell they will fix Rag stupidity.
  • panthroq wrote:
    zhadum wrote:

Considering the crit mechanic in regards to buffed covers was probably the most frustrating or wonderful tile drop possibility. This sounds amazing to be removed, so tired of the drop down lucky crits that just kill something instantly.

The real question is when the hell they will fix Rag stupidity.

Given how they seem to do things, they will wait until the middle of a multiple day Rag tournament.
  • Question- Haven't played Alaska yet, but is rubber banding working? It show me at 15 for 1st mission.
  • had that issue a couple clears back, once u beat it, u'll get ur rubberbanded value
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Been on the top 10 and at times #1 in my group. I haven't seen Bainee nor Shuino in days, both happen to be in my bracket.

Am not feeling too confident that the top 10 will remain as it is, I woke up this morning as #228, did a few of the 230/230/230 @1650 points (to start) and am back in the top 10 in a matter of 30 minutes or so. Am guessing people that haven't played in days will see matches giving 3000+ points?

Am not sure how far back the rubberbanding goes, can one skip days of playing and still be able to make it to the top 10?
  • That is what I am testing.
  • looks like it caps at 1600ish, anyone get 2000 repeatables?
  • AdamMagus wrote:
    Been on the top 10 and at times #1 in my group. I haven't seen Bainee nor Shuino in days, both happen to be in my bracket.

Am not feeling too confident that the top 10 will remain as it is, I woke up this morning as #228, did a few of the 230/230/230 @1650 points (to start) and am back in the top 10 in a matter of 30 minutes or so. Am guessing people that haven't played in days will see matches giving 3000+ points?

Am not sure how far back the rubberbanding goes, can one skip days of playing and still be able to make it to the top 10?

I'm pretty sure there's a cap. I managed to get into a new sub bracket as 13 out of 14. I looked at the results and kept seeing a lot of people popping in above me with everyone at the top at exactly 156 points. I'm guessing that's the cap for the first mission.
  • forgrim wrote:
    looks like it caps at 1600ish, anyone get 2000 repeatables?

Once. I don't recall what I actually got for the mission, but I've seen it display as high as 2375.
  • Last of 'em is currently 2250 for me.

EDIT: cleared it only 3 times to go from I think 300-something to 34th in my main bracket. This is the kind of grinding I don't have to hate myself for.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man I guess everyone in my main bracket is sitting it out or something. I couldn't resist knocking out the rest of the missions when I woke up 12 hours ago, which brought me to 3rd. And I'm still at 6th
  • Been playing under the new conditions this morning, and not found it all that difficult to adapt. Not noticing obscenely longer matches without the easy crit exploit, but guess it helps to have maxed out characters. Modern Hawkeye at 85 is definitely still viable to me, he's hitting for a tick under 5000 to all enemies with Blast Arrow (red). The 230/230/230 missions only needs a couple of applications of that (20 red ap) and it's bye bye. With boosts, only 14 red ap icon_e_smile.gif
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Been playing under the new conditions this morning, and not found it all that difficult to adapt. Not noticing obscenely longer matches without the easy crit exploit, but guess it helps to have maxed out characters. Modern Hawkeye at 85 is definitely still viable to me, he's hitting for a tick under 5000 to all enemies with Blast Arrow (red). The 230/230/230 missions only needs a couple of applications of that (20 red ap) and it's bye bye. With boosts, only 14 red ap icon_e_smile.gif

Still not putting any more ISO into him. icon_razz.gif