*** Storm (Mohawk) ***

Comments

• Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    So provided rubberbanding doesn't have some new surprise in store for me down the stretch my plan is to take MoStorm to 4/4/5 lvl 141 when I get the covers.

I know I want 5 black for sure but I am unsure about red and green. I am trending towards three green five red as a final but I really want to see how it plays a little more evenly. The infinite red/green loop will not be as easy to pull off with MoStorm and as a result unless green has a kicker at level five I can see that being the one I pull back on although the board control along with mistress is maybe worth it.

Everyone will be able to see what all level five abilities are after I get done later tonight and will be able to make an informed decision.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Everyone will be able to see what all level five abilities are after I get done later tonight and will be able to make an informed decision.
    That's great -- if possible, could you also write down the text for each ability level change? That would be helpful to see how the abilities scale up.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Was GSBW originally called (****)?

Of course not, that's preposterous. Completely inane.
    I mean, how would anyone know which Widow you're talking about? icon_razz.gif
    I thought the fishnets name was really great for OBW.
  • my plan is to take MoStorm to 4/4/5 lvl 141 when I get the covers.

Out of curiousity - do you buy HP/ISO, or do you just have that much of a bank built up?
  • man, she looks pretty poopy. she does make 32 strike tiles but still, I am unimpressed with this super lazy character
  • at 141:

3/4/5 green (10 Green AP): shatter 10/12/14 tiles, earn ap
    5 black (9 Black AP): 32 attack tiles, strength 34 (~1.1k dmg/turn)
    3/4/5 red (9 Red AP): (100?)/133/192 dmg per env tile destroyed
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    She's below punisher, who's made useless by Thor.

Blech.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Yes they are the same colors but they are focused differently. Hulk's main active is Green, Ht's is Red, Storms' is Green, Punishers is Black. Which is why IceX had said they try to make champs so you want them 5/5/3 or 5/4/4 although that seems to rarely happen.
    I think he just didn't write all possible builds, like 553 535 355 544 454 445... Just for the sake of simplicity.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    I'm also rather unimpressed that her red costs so much to do so little comparative damage without having some sort of extra added bonus. So much for my dreams of pairing her with BP for some fun shenanigans. icon_e_sad.gif

Am I completely bonkers in thinking that with her red as is that Doom is actually a better character?

...Okay maybe that's a bit harsh but his black is comparable damage and he has a lot more HP, and unless I'm mistaken costs less iso/covers to max.

With what they have done for the rest of the "lazy" characters I guess I just expected more.

I suppose we can say Grats to Phantron the devs heard his pleas to mercy loud and clear
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    And i thought lazy Captain was ****. D3p has really out done themselves this time. I think its time they hired some new character designers, the one they have now is just phoning it in.

If D3p is going to be this lazy, they should just let the community design the characters they want to play with.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Something is off, a character with Hood level health should present a Hood level threat or higher, being goldified and stuff. If she's actually poop though I wouldn't mind not having to max her, but somehow doubt it.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    2kCAoqa.png
  • locked wrote:
    Something is off, a character with Hood level health should present a Hood level threat or higher, being goldified and stuff. If she's actually poop though I wouldn't mind not having to max her, but somehow doubt it.
    I decided to give it a shot and soft-capped her at lvl20. But yeah - I don't feel she's much of a beast, even after I dumped all this ISO into her.
  • kensterr wrote:
    2kCAoqa.png
    picture of red cover please?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Emeryt wrote:
    locked wrote:
    I decided to give it a shot and soft-capped her at lvl20. But yeah - I don't feel she's much of a beast, even after I dumped all this ISO into her.
    Have you got any ISO left? How can you level the next new character now? That's reckless.

As for me, I can't even dump my non-existent thousands of ISO into her as I have one single red cover icon_lol.gif
  • MonkeySlut wrote:
    picture of red cover please?

How about search this player in game himself? Alliance name is clearly visible.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    FD0W1Rp.png
  • The Hood is not a good person to compare to because his ability are probably designed without thinking how powerful AP steals are in the first place (notice there's a pattern of all newer AP stealing ability tend to utterly suck in the newer characters) but it sort of makes up for the fact that his other two abilities are really way too weak for a character with so few HP. At any rate I'm not sure why people think Storm is bad. Is she bad compared to Sentry or Thor? Yes but given Sentry and Thor has roughly twice her HP does that mean she need to do twice their damage? After all even if Storm did double ability damage compared to Thor/Sentry she'd still lose to them 1on1 because match damage is always the same for 3*s. I mean if there's supposed to be balance than any character with less HP than Sentry or Thor has to do more damage than they do, but that'd just be absolutely insane.

If you don't compare Storm to the two guys with way too much HP that also do way too much damage, her ability seems inline with what to expect in this HP range. She has excellent board control skills that also do pretty considerable damage and does significant cascades on the side, and Hailstorm is very high damage and also clogs up available space for game ending ability like World Rupture. No I don't think you'll see too much Storm because a World Rupture with a few strike tiles up can drop her instantly, but if Storm is supposed to be balanced against that then she'd need to be kill Sentry with a 7 AP move too (since Sentry sure can kill her with a 7 AP move) and that's just not going to work. She probably has some very bad matchup against Daken, Psylocke, or Punisher (character who can do damage very fast) though being weak against Psylocke is actually good for game balance. The other two are pretty much top tier characters so losing to them is not unusual.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2014
    This is the first lazy character with an ability clearly inferior to the original's. (With Mohawk Daken, the change from yellow to blue tiles might have been a nerf, but it didn't matter much. Steve's blue didn't move the board but the protect tile made up for it.) Red being stuck at 9 AP but with more damage is pretty clearly worse than the 5 AP ability -- the damage is the weakest part of the move; it was mainly for board shake-ups and secondly for AP gain, with damage a distant third.

I would be interested in knowing the red damage and black tile strength at level 50. Preferred build: 5/3/5
  • This is the first lazy character with an ability clearly inferior to the original's. (With Mohawk Daken, the change from yellow to blue tiles might have been a nerf, but it didn't matter much. Steve's blue didn't move the board but the protect tile made up for it.) Red being stuck at 9 AP but with more damage is pretty clearly worse than the 5 AP ability -- the damage the weakest part of the move; it was mainly for board shake-ups and secondly for AP gain, with damage a distant third. I would be interested in knowing the red damage and black tile strength at level 50.

preferred build: 5/3/5

I agree with that. A bit disapointed after all the efforts to try and win the covers, and the money to max her up.

She could/might be useful in pves to remove the environment tiles which are bothering, and countdown tiles as well.

We'll see that soon.