Starfall - The World's End - June 6 - June 8

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Settle down drama queen. I hit you with 40 minutes left in a lightning round because I wasn't going to spend iso skipping in a LR to get the 250 point token, you had the weakest team by the time the skip tax came up so I attacked you. You took it personally and knocked me down a reward tier in the last 30 seconds which I suspected was your intention, and you confirmed it was.

This was like 2 weeks ago, no one cares. Just drop it.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I was willing to drop it the second after I hit you 2 weeks ago icon_rolleyes.gif The drama was never *my* intention, at least outside of the game.

Edit: yeah, of course I took it personally, for as long as the next round or so.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Of course you are willing to drop it right after you knocked me down a reward tier with 30 seconds left aka last laugh, malicious intent, **** move, whatever you want to instantiate the action as.

That just means you don't get to complain when you get called a hypocrite for doing what I did in the first place, hitting one of the 5 targets presented in MMR hell. You had more than enough time to keep climbing, no idea where you were in the standings when I attacked you. But instead you decided to start a 40 minute retaliation war, so whatever ranking / perceived reward losses you incurred in that lighting round was due to your own stubbornness.

Not going to drag this out any further, this is my last post on the subject. I try to keep up good appearances and camaraderie with people on the forums and apparently this is something we cannot have.

Good night sir.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Uh, I actually don't object to having camaraderie or at least not having whatever we have now. Yes, I was a **** on purpose then, but only because I perceived you being a **** to me first, as I was trying for nerftokens in hopes of getting a needed 3* cover *now*, not some tinykitty Fury 2 months later. You were not a **** in your own coordinates system, but I was. Well same here, and how should I know of other people's MMR hell or that my maxed villain team is somehow easiest to beat? Maybe faster to beat than maxed LT/Hulk, sure.
    But whatever. If you're willing to drop it, so am I.
    Btw I am not a sir.

Edit: hypocrite in a more narrow sense is someone who accuses other people of doing the exact thing they do themselves, and I don't remember myself hitting a person in the last 5-10 minutes of a 2 day PvP event when I have less than 300 points, since I usually start earlier, get my token, 50 HP and stuff. In a more broad sense, I may well be a hypocrite indeed, but no one can know it besides myself and people than know me personally.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So... This thread sure has taken a turn for the dramatic. And it's not even about actual MPQ gameplay issues for once! icon_lol.gif

I wasn't going to bore everyone with the details of how I went in this tourney, but in an effort to return this thread to it's topic :

I really wanted to place top 10 for the purple C Mags cover (I had one each of his other covers), and I've been scoring well enough for that to be a reasonable goal as long as I wasn't placed into a 'death bracket'.

I made it to almost 900 points with about 18 hours to go in this tourney. I used one 3 hour shield to recover health + let retaliations roll past me. A defensive win put me at 899 points. With about an hour left of my shield the tourney seemed to be comparatively quiet (no attacks coming in, no movement on leaderboards, and nowhere near any shield threshold time which always causes a lot of activity).

I could only find matches worth 24, 22, and 20 points that I could reasonably win. Spent many thousands to find even those!

With about 45 mins left on my shield I decided to play 1-2 as fast as I could. They went super-fast, but points were either not being added correctly or else both players had lost significant points since being queued. I made it over 900 points but was only around 915. The leaderboard already had someone over 1000, I was looking to apply a 24 hour shield and leave it be for the rest of the tourney, things still seemed quiet, and I had a new match come in worth 26 points against a non-maxed 2* team (it's amazing how fast you can access details when the adrenaline is flowing!) ... And did I mention those 2 matches went FAST? Seriously, less than 2 mins including all the random start/end game stuff and a loading screen that cycled through several character portraits.

I came out of that 3rd - again, super-fast - match to be briefly thrilled at my new score. Unsurprisingly, I then got the dreaded "you've been hit" screen. I was planning to just play a couple more matches to make up those points as I've done in similar situations. I was also prepared to just shield up immediately and try again later if that seemed the better move.

Unfortunately, I had been hit for something close to 200 points, putting me back down to around 750. Which was, uh, quite the fall. I've seen some horror accounts on this forum and from my alliance teammates. I've even had some big drops myself. But this just came from nowhere, less than 5 minutes after unshielding.

Long story short, I didn't bother shielding again, just let my score rise and fall the rest of the tourney. I made it over 800 points again a few times but never high enough for top 10, or at a point I could shield then hop again at a good time for me, without wasting masses of HP. So I played the last 1-2 hours solidly for ISO and ended in 33rd place with somewhere between 700-750 points.

My original score of ~915 (might have been 1-2 points either way) would have landed me in the top 5. With hindsight, I should have stuck to just those 2 matches and never mind my fear of being pushed out of the top 10, since I'd have been in a great position to shield hop my way back into it in that case. Ah well, lesson learned!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Amanda, You ruined such drama thread! icon_e_biggrin.gif

On the other hand I love long battle reports!