The Hunt

Comments

• Step. I'm 6'4" so don't need a big ladder. And definitely wood. Fibreglass might give me a bad stomach lol
  • I think that "power" gamers will tend to find a way to do well while it will be more luck for others (e.g. play when they have time and get big points by luck vice trying to figure out the timing). Not sure if the intent of the game is to make deducing the rules part of the challenge but that seems to have been the case with these wacky tournaments lately. Believe this is the "don't play too often" tournament. I'm still torn about if I should enter when the hunt first starts so there is more time for my games to "age" within the bracket or join later and let the game "age" outside of the bracket. It seems that the crazy high numbers don't come until I've joined so trying an immediate join this time. I'm in dead last at 1001st place and 15pts. Will see if it points get high enough to make top 400 by the end or not. For the most part I've been playing one at a time and starting the next one when the current one ends. Just looking for heroic token (you can never sell enough Modern Hawkeye covers...) and trying to stay high in my main bracket.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Ladder wrote:
    The more I think about it, the more I think it's not that bad.

Consider the alternative: the grinder gets everything, mission prizes and placement prizes.

Game this system and you'll win placement prizes, but lose out on mission prizes.

You, sir, have it pegged. You have a choice, sit out to put yourself in contention for 500 hp. Play to rack up some of the easiest ISO you will ever get. Either way, everyone should be happy, they are giving away craploads in this event. The Punisher isn't going to be a difference maker straight away, don't stress about him. If he is, I'll eat my ladder lol
    I'm still a bit skeptical about the rubberbanding. A few days ago, the top people in some ofthe sub brackets had more points there than the top people in my main bracket
  • The Ladder wrote:
    The Punisher isn't going to be a difference maker straight away, don't stress about him. If he is, I'll eat my ladder lol
    Given their tendency to give new characters a buffed tournament, I'll just start marinating it now.
  • greggray24 wrote:
    I think that "power" gamers will tend to find a way to do well while it will be more luck for others (e.g. play when they have time and get big points by luck vice trying to figure out the timing). Not sure if the intent of the game is to make deducing the rules part of the challenge but that seems to have been the case with these wacky tournaments lately. Believe this is the "don't play too often" tournament. I'm still torn about if I should enter when the hunt first starts so there is more time for my games to "age" within the bracket or join later and let the game "age" outside of the bracket. It seems that the crazy high numbers don't come until I've joined so trying an immediate join this time. I'm in dead last at 1001st place and 15pts. Will see if it points get high enough to make top 400 by the end or not. For the most part I've been playing one at a time and starting the next one when the current one ends. Just looking for heroic token (you can never sell enough Modern Hawkeye covers...) and trying to stay high in my main bracket.

All the rubberbanding is via your main bracket. If you are high on that..you won't do as well in the side brackets. The real question is, was the ISO/standard tokens worth doing each event as opposed to only doing the savage land each time it came up and possibly getting 100-500 hp every 3 tournements. Savage land being the optimal one to do this with because 1. It is the only one with hp rewards. 2. It's fights are probably the easiest (venom fight means healing, the last fight is easy, the jumpjet style one is par for the course). 3. Jawsome guest appearances.

@iheart. A "how high can you get" tournement might be fun...but only for those already with good things. It doesn't have any way for the little guy to succeed other than giving out good or luck based (token) progress rewards. That said, I think it would be interesting as there is SOME room for rising above your covers due to lucky cascades and buffs. From a new player perspective though..I don't know. Seeing the top 10 on wave 100 while you cannot get past 8 easily would turn most off to an event...especially if they cannot see (being at 500) that the top 50 for the reward they want is actually just getting to wave 16. ... Which is why it would be nice to scroll through tournement ranks.
  • The real question is, was the ISO/standard tokens worth doing each event as opposed to only doing the savage land each time it came up and possibly getting 100-500 hp every 3 tournements.

Don't forget the heroic tokens. I have been doing them all for the heroics, figuring on a better than average chance at Spidey or Widow covers. Unfortunately, the fates have not been with me. While I did get two Widow covers, neither was the color I needed.
  • Spoit
    I hope there's going to be a good weekend tourney, because it's going to be hard not touching the hunt for the rubberbanding to kick in
  • I think I might know what is happening with the weird game problems that sometime happen. I think in.certain circumstances the game reverts (more like fails to pull up the most recent patch) to an older patch for some reason. For example, it did something weird just now and spidey skill was the old one, there was no dark avenger tournement available and heroic packs were 150. Still a waste, so I didn't buy any to test if it still worked, but they were there..and no hunt tokens. After completing a mission the game must recognize its the wrong patch and updates it. I think it tends to happen when you leave the game by your phone's homescreen button/phone call and don't return within a certain time. It must not properly recognize the most recent patch?

So..any chance in one of the earlier builds you guys gave juggernauts and hawkeyes as part of the rewards ?

The weekend tourney will likely be a repeat I bet...can't have a diff tournement overshadowing the end of the hunt. Maybe a repeat if the 3***? They did just repeat the dark avenger (or so I heard?)
  • I hate the rubberbanding more and more the longer this goes on. I just did all the hunt missions. There is only an hour left and I'm nearly a hundred spots out of the top 400. None of the missions are worth enough to move me more than a few spots.

This really sucks.
  • Misguided wrote:
    I hate the rubberbanding more and more the longer this goes on. I just did all the hunt missions. There is only an hour left and I'm nearly a hundred spots out of the top 400. None of the missions are worth enough to move me more than a few spots.

This really sucks.

What's the top point totals at? My bracket is at 28.5k.
    I'm finding fairly easy to get back inside the top 20 once I complete all my missions.
  • Oh, I'm top 5 in the main bracket, that's the problem. I want the heroic token from the sub-bracket, but this will be the second one I couldn't get because of the whacked out scoring. First place on the main bracket is 29.9k. I'm a few hundred back at the moment. Grinding to catch up would only make the next sub-bracket worse.
  • 29.9k?!
    I'm #45 in my main bracket with 35+k.
    (About 600 points behind #1.)
  • Misguided wrote:
    Oh, I'm top 5 in the main bracket, that's the problem. I want the heroic token from the sub-bracket, but this will be the second one I couldn't get because of the whacked out scoring. First place on the main bracket is 29.9k. I'm a few hundred back at the moment. Grinding to catch up would only make the next sub-bracket worse.

Ohhh I see now. Yea, that sucks. I've only missed one heroic token thus far, but never came close to the top 20 in those sub missions.
  • Spoit
    29.9k?!
    Yeah, the top of my main braket is 28.8k....This scaling is totally whack
  • Spoit wrote:
    29.9k?!
    Yeah, the top of my main braket is 28.8k....This scaling is totally whack

I have 32382 points in my main bracket and I'm #360 and getting 13 points per match in both of the subs.

Yey.
  • I'm at 13th with 40.9k... not sure at all how this will end.
  • #215 at 39660...
  • Mhhh you're scores are crazy, haven't checked today but yesterday I was top5 with 16k. First couple of days I was #1 grinding away at 10 points a mission. But I got tired of it when I saw I'll probably don't even reach the higher progression rewards.
  • #2 about 21k or so. I feel ill need to push myself (just rubberbanding till now) later if my bracket is to reach the 30k reward (which I would still like as my IM is 3/5/2)...as its rate of increase has been pretty darn low.
  • Really bizarre. I'm #100 in my bracket w/ 37k. Top has just shy of 39k. Hit 30k yesterday as I recall.

I'm just playing the missions as I have time, making sure to hit every mission at least once (for the ISO) and try to exhaust the prizes on the easier repeatables (again, for the ISO). I do tend to do the missions closer to the end of the time, but I think I've only done the last hour once because usually it's at a bad time for me. Highest placement was the 50HP reward, but typically I'm only in the top 200 or 400 -- always enough for a Heroic token.

Still no idea where I'll place in the main bracket at the end. Would like Punisher, but this is the first event in a long time (excepting Lightning rounds) where I don't know that I'll place anywhere close to doing so. But, honestly, if it means the rewards going to people who don't normally see them then I'd be okay with that... as long as he's available in very near future tournaments too!