** Storm (Classic) **

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eyris6 wrote:
    What do people think about 5/4/4 as opposed to 5/5/3? Mine is built 5/4/4 right now (just the covers I happened to get), but I just pulled another blue, so I could respec her. 1 less turn on the stun seems like a worthwhile tradeoff for a bit more surprise factor from her yellow, since Wind Storm tends to kill at least one enemy team member by the time you get 11 blue.

I think there is a stealth damage increase at 5 blue that isnt' listed. I think if you drop blue to 4 you won't be doing 1670 dmg anymore. Post here if you decide to go 5/4/4 I"m curious what the blue dmg would be. Because I agree 3 stun vs. 4 stun isn't big, as long as dmg remains the same
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    4 yellow isn't worth it - it requires you to take damage, and yes there is an increase for 5 blue compared to 4 blue. 5/5/3 is the way to go.

Edit: hmm found someone with a maxed 5-4-4 cStorm, nope, she damages for 1670 with blue, too. It's just the stun increase for 5 blue. Now I'm lost!
  • Phaserhawk
    locked wrote:
    4 yellow isn't worth it - it requires you to take damage, and yes there is an increase for 5 blue compared to 4 blue. 5/5/3 is the way to go.

Edit: hmm found someone with a maxed 5-4-4 cStorm, nope, she damages for 1670 with blue, too. It's just the stun increase for 5 blue. Now I'm lost!

Well that's interesting locked, becasause I' assuming you're thinking what I'm thinking. why wouldn't I if that is the only increase, because I"m gonna take damage anyway, might as well make them take as much damage as possible for it.
  • over_clocked
    I will respec my Storm from 5-5-3 to 5-4-4 next time I get a yellow, will report if I find a decrease from blue. It currently does 1670 to all enemies alright.
  • Eyris6
    Eyris6 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    As I said, my CStorm is 5/4/4 currently, and yes, it does 1670 blue at max level. The only increase is 1 more turn on the stun, hence my question about 5/4/4 vs 5/5/3.
  • Phaserhawk
    Eyris6 wrote:
    As I said, my CStorm is 5/4/4 currently, and yes, it does 1670 blue at max level. The only increase is 1 more turn on the stun, hence my question about 5/4/4 vs 5/5/3.

well, I think I may be respecing to 5/4/4 next time I get a yellow cover. I don't care about the stun, the AoE damage is usually enough to kill everyone anyway, and if not, 3 turns is more than enough to kill them over 4. The damage buff would be nice on the yellow in PvE, especially if she's buffed.
  • What do you guys think of 3/5/5? I can't shake the feeling Lightning Storm is extremely overpriced and kinda awful.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Lightning Storm isn't great if you set it off at 12 AP. But if you wait until you have 20+ AP then it's significantly better (but still only reduces your green AP by 12 so you can set it off again quickly).
  • I had a bad experience once with c.storm as last one standing. knocked below 50% and did the massive damage team below 50% attack
  • It does, in fact, trigger on herself being hit.

... at least I'm pretty sure it does....
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Nereb wrote:
    It does, in fact, trigger on herself being hit.

Holy necro Batman!

They were talking about the old ability (see the date- November?) which only triggered on allies being hit.
  • Storm's passive triggers on allies even if they died from the hit, but not on herself if she died from the hit.

I haven't tested this for a very long time, but I think technically if you have 3 people and Storm is at the very back, and you did an attack that kill everything, the first two person dying will trigger her counter before Storm gets hit. Of course, if Storm is in front then she dies first and no counters are triggered. In general, just put Storm in front before doing any AE attack that will kill her.
  • over_clocked
    edited June 2014
    No, I can say with 100% accuracy that if you unleash an AoE attack that should kill cStorm (BARRING WORLD RUPTURE!), it doesn't matter if she's targeted directly or not. She will simply die. cStorm only rebuts after each damage increment and only if she survives/is not stunned.
    So watch out for your strike tiles, enemy protect tiles and make sure your AoE attack will kill cStorm and not leave her with 1 HP.
    Source: current Prey & Predator tourney, I use AoE attacks literally every game (BP and LT), sometimes on cStorm teams.
  • Nereb wrote:
    It does, in fact, trigger on herself being hit.

Holy necro Batman!

They were talking about the old ability (see the date- November?) which only triggered on allies being hit.

I think someone played a trick on me...
  • locked wrote:
    No, I can say with 100% accuracy that if you unleash an AoE attack that should kill cStorm (BARRING WORLD RUPTURE!), it doesn't matter if she's targeted directly or not. She will simply die. cStorm only rebuts after each damage increment and only if she survives/is not stunned.
    So watch out for your strike tiles, enemy protect tiles and make sure your AoE attack will kill cStorm and not leave her with 1 HP.
    Source: current Prey & Predator tourney, I use AoE attacks literally every game (BP and LT), sometimes on cStorm teams.

Okay, could've been my imagination then. I just put Storm in front as a habit on target selection. The only AE it'd matter is Call the Storm (not equal damage to everyone) so I figure better safe than sorry.

Berserker Rage that fails to kill Storm leads to very nasty surprises.
  • Sometimes her Tempest triggers twice from a single cascade. Does anyone know why this happens? Does she react seperately to damage that was inflicted from attack/strike tiles?
  • over_clocked
    First time is probably due to strike tile enhanced match damage and second time is due to strike tile enhanced cascade.

I remember one battle back then, when I had a match against oBW/cStorm/some low third.
    I killed oBW first as I was afraid of her more then, but it so happened with a giant cascade which immediately took out the third and got cStorm to the below 50% mark, too! She Raged twice or thrice on me and actually single-handedly defeated my full-health team icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • locked wrote:
    First time is probably due to strike tile enhanced match damage and second time is due to strike tile enhanced cascade.

I remember one battle back then, when I had a match against oBW/cStorm/some low third.
    I killed oBW first as I was afraid of her more then, but it so happened with a giant cascade which immediately took out the third and got cStorm to the below 50% mark, too! She Raged twice or thrice on me and actually single-handedly defeated my full-health team icon_e_biggrin.gif

One for OBW and one for cStorm. One time I self wiped my own team due to wrong "call the storm dosage". I kill 2 but cStorm still alive : she fires 3 time, at 2k each, on my 3x85 team icon_lol.gif
  • KevinMark wrote:
    Sometimes her Tempest triggers twice from a single cascade. Does anyone know why this happens? Does she react seperately to damage that was inflicted from attack/strike tiles?

Each hit on the cascade can trigger the counter if it did enough damage.
  • Max level 5 yellow damage base is 301, 2003 when team under 50%.