*** Storm (Mohawk) ***

Comments

• Daken, Sentry, Storm... seems they are making characters for big money whales that will have them maxed just getting one cover of each
    if OBW and Modern Storm get enough green they can annoy you forever, i dont want to think about this Lazy one lol

Would prefer characters related to the story, Osborn's Thunderbolts, Moon Knight being hunted, New Avengers... kind of bored of 3 types of same hero (where 2 are actually the same)
  • Pjoe0211 wrote:
    man lazy thor and lazy storm seems pretty scary

I know right? 1* Storm is already an insane AP generator. Especially given the fact how effectively she gives you environmental tiles for only 2 Red matches at 5 covers. The Desert and Jungle environments are probably the best arenas to take advantage of this. I feel this was a huge mistake.
  • I can see Hailstorm doing over 2000 a round at 141 @level5 icon_twisted.gif
  • no one has put up the stats yet...here they are until placed elsewhere

Gold Character
    Storm (Mohawk) Doomwar 2010
    Level 15
    Health 570
    Damage
    Yellow 4
    Red 10
    Blue 4
    Purple 4
    Green 11
    Black 8
    Crit 3.5
    Env 3

Lightning Strike
    10 Green
    level 1 - storm calls a blinding bolt of electricity from the heavens, shattering 8 tiles, doing damage, and earning AP for each
    level 2 - Shatters 9 tiles
    level 3 ?
    level 4 ?
    level 5 ?

Mistress of the elements
    9 Red
    level 1 - Fierce winds swirl, sending heavy weights aloft and turning them against the enemy. Deals 12 damage for each environment tile, then shatters them
    level 2 - deals 14 damage for each tile shattered
    level 3 ?
    level 4 ?
    level 5 ?

Hailstorm
    9 Black
    level 1 - Ororo glares and dark clouds coalesce. hailstones pelt the enemy, converting 16 basic tiles to Strength 4 attack tiles
    level 2 - Converts 20 tiles
    level 3 ?
    level 4 ?
    level 5 ?

Immediate differences are 3 Red for mistress of the elements.

It may be safe to assume that one of the skills will have a different or added ability at later levels (similar to Lazy Cap). Expect health range to be similar to hood (around 4100ish at lvl 141). depending on how the skills turn out...soft build is 5/4/4
  • What if she change her haircut in the amazin X-men... We'll all look like fools.
  • I agree with you Ben Grimm. These gold characters piss me off to no end. I was already sick of fighting 2* Thor and Daken before the lazy versions were released. Now we get a 3* upgrade to the most commonly (over)used 1* character. From one perspective it makes perfect sense-- they're offering gold versions of the most "popular" characters. But, with the exception of Captain America, those characters are mainly popular because they're so strong, not because they're somehow more interesting or fun to use than others. So the drawback to these lazy characters is obvious: characters that were already among the most commonly encountered opponents in pvp become even more common.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2014
    Lightning Strike
    10 Green
    level 1 - storm calls a blinding bolt of electricity from the heavens, shattering 8 tiles, doing damage, and earning AP for each
    level 3 ?
    level 4 ?
    level 5 ?

Mistress of the elements
    9 Red
    level 1 - Fierce winds swirl, sending heavy weights aloft and turning them against the enemy. Deals 12 damage for each environment tile, then shatters them
    level 3 ?
    level 4 ?
    level 5 ?
    I think it's
    Lightning Strike
    10 Green
    level 3 - Shatters 10 tiles
    level 4 - Shatters 12 tiles
    level 5 - Shatters 14 tiles

Mistress of the elements
    9 Red
    level 3 - Cost 1 Ap less
    level 4 - deals 16-18 damage for each tile shattered
    level 5 - Cost 1 Ap less

Hailstorm
    9 Black
    level 1 - Ororo glares and dark clouds coalesce. hailstones pelt the enemy, converting 16 basic tiles to Strength 4 attack tiles
    level 2 - Converts 20 tiles
    level 3 - Increases Attack tile damage to X
    level 4 - Converts 24 tiles
    level 5 - Increases Attack tile damage to XX
  • I agree with you Ben Grimm. These gold characters piss me off to no end. I was already sick of fighting 2* Thor and Daken before the lazy versions were released. Now we get a 3* upgrade to the most commonly (over)used 1* character. From one perspective it makes perfect sense-- they're offering gold versions of the most "popular" characters. But, with the exception of Captain America, those characters are mainly popular because they're so strong, not because they're somehow more interesting or fun to use than others. So the drawback to these lazy characters is obvious: characters that were already among the most commonly encountered opponents in pvp become even more common.

we're seriously complaining that any 1* is overused? Even back in the days of an actual 2* transition the 1*s were used for a very short period of time.
    I for one am glad to see 3* storm even if i'm not too happy about them neutering the red skill >.< (which ironically is the ability that was perfect to bring to the 3* lineup)
  • UncleSam wrote:
    I can see Hailstorm doing over 2000 a round at 141 @level5 icon_twisted.gif

That's buffed Doom territory. Of course, Doom only goes up to 115 and a 50 percent buff to him only produces about 1600 damage.
  • i left them as "?" mostly becuase we just don't know. Lazy Cap got a nice boost to his Blue and Lazy daken got a whole new skill...You're probably spot on but I'm expecting a curveball. Who knows what though.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure how I feel about this.
    I think I'm echoing the sentiment of a lot of people already, I'm glad for a 3* Storm, but I was hoping for either a blend of the abilities of Classic and Modern or a new set of abilities based around her not having her powers during the Mohawk phase.

It will certainly shift Blank Panther towards 5/3/5 as his standard, that's fine I suppose. Dropping 7 tiles from a Battleplan is infinitely better than dropping 1. I'm not sure about her total health pool, is she going to be under the 5800 mark at 141?
  • Mawtful wrote:

It will certainly shift Blank Panther towards 5/3/5 as his standard, that's fine I suppose. Dropping 7 tiles from a Battleplan is infinitely better than dropping 1. I'm not sure about her total health pool, is she going to be under the 5800 mark at 141?

i'm guessing around the 4100-4300 mark though again it's all speculation until she's released or IceIX graces us again with information.
  • They said they didn't like the idea of ability upgrades reducing AP cost (generally speaking). So I doubt it. Which recent moves have AP reductions as ability upgrades?
  • Covers reducing AP cost is all but removed from the game. It's unlikely that her red will get cheaper.
  • Pretty sure health always scales the same, so she has the same health as Hood at 4350.
  • I hope her red gets *some* AP reduction. 9 is just too much for an ability that you specifically want to use near the beginning of the battle. 7 could be okay, 6 would be wonderful.

Honestly though, I felt so certain that this character was going to be something like Patch, you know? I was really looking forward to seeing what cool new thing they were going to do with her. I'm glad to see her red on a 3*, but I wanted it in combination with something new.
  • UncleSam wrote:
    I can see Hailstorm doing over 2000 a round at 141 @level5 icon_twisted.gif

Nah, I don't think Hailstorm will scale that good. It would certainly be OP. I also don't think her max Mistress of Elements will cost 5. They seem to have been nerfing cheap abilities, e.g. Ragnarok, Spiderman and CMags is in line.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure health always scales the same, so she has the same health as Hood at 4350.

Ah, yep, she does have same base health as Hood. Between the small sized health pool and higher AP cost on her Red, she's not as scary as she could have been.
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    we're seriously complaining that any 1* is overused? Even back in the days of an actual 2* transition the 1*s were used for a very short period of time.

My point about character overuse applies mostly to Thor, but yes, I still encounter plenty of teams using Modern Storm (my characters are about level 75). In any case, I'm plenty familiar with Storm and her abilities so I don't find this release exciting.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope her red gets *some* AP reduction. 9 is just too much for an ability that you specifically want to use near the beginning of the battle. 7 could be okay, 6 would be wonderful.

Honestly though, I felt so certain that this character was going to be something like Patch, you know? I was really looking forward to seeing what cool new thing they were going to do with her. I'm glad to see her red on a 3*, but I wanted it in combination with something new.

Really? I hope the lowest it goes is 7. 6 means that it can be activated with 2x AP boosts and she will make a scary companion with BP. And also in desert nodes, she will be brutal with Lthor.

If her AP costs continue to be reduced, she will be everyone's high priority list on the shield hop team.