*** Storm (Mohawk) ***

Comments

• I think they need to rebalance the environmental effects anyway, but it looks like this will be a pretty decent counter to Sentry + Daken since Hailstorm will greatly reduce the number of tiles that can be converted by their abilities. Not sure if it's a counter (Hailstorm isn't that cheap) but it will definitely slow them down.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    It doesn't annoy me as much as Lazy Daken - probably nothing will, and Storm is at least a major character - but I thought when they released Patch they said they weren't going to be doing this much anymore.

If you still expect D3p to keep promises idk where you've been for the last 6 months
  • Puritas wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    It doesn't annoy me as much as Lazy Daken - probably nothing will, and Storm is at least a major character - but I thought when they released Patch they said they weren't going to be doing this much anymore.

If you still expect D3p to keep promises idk where you've been for the last 6 months

There's a difference between "expecting" and "wanting."
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puritas wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Ice actually said somewhere that they DON'T want to do anymore of the same characters with different abilities. I believe from here on out, it's either gold/lazy characters, or brand new ones.
  • She's in the game now, and she's definitely Lazy Storm. I'm rather happy about this.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    Puritas wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Ice actually said somewhere that they DON'T want to do anymore of the same characters with different abilities. I believe from here on out, it's either gold/lazy characters, or brand new ones.
    Yeah, I thought laken was supposed to be the last lazy character from their first batch
  • I just don't see why it's somehow inherently wrong to have reused 2* templates if they're actually needed in the 3*. If a 2* has the skillset that fills a vital role in the 3* game, there's nothing wrong with elevating that 2* to a 3*. Although I question the power level of some of the lazy characters, they all fill a needed role in 3* that was previously lacking:

Thor: Tank with moves that the AI can't possibly screw up on that provides support
    Captain: Incredible very long term damage, all purpose tile remover + some utility
    Daken: A character that basically needs no AP to deal with AP hinder tactics
    Storm: Board control and excellent tile denial (by making them all attack tiles) ability

Now, some of these guys end up being way too good at their role, but if Thor did half of his current damage, he wouldn't be overpowered anymore, but he'd still fill a very important role (tank + green AP generator + AI proof on defense) that no one filled previously.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Surprised & delighted it is 1* Storm who got the gold treatment. icon_mrgreen.gif

So many big brawlers about, a utility character is very welcome.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I just don't see why it's somehow inherently wrong to have reused 2* templates if they're actually needed in the 3*. If a 2* has the skillset that fills a vital role in the 3* game, there's nothing wrong with elevating that 2* to a 3*. Although I question the power level of some of the lazy characters, they all fill a needed role in 3* that was previously lacking:

I'd rather they made a new character in that role, rather than rehashing an already done one. Collecting is one of the things that attracted me to the game, and collecting dupes is boring. There's a huge number of characters in the marvel universe they could use instead, and I find it bizarre that they're using such a small part of their license.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Will LStorm's Mistress of the Elements still reduce to 5 AP? If not, what is its final AP cost?
  • Or something better than "Mohawk." She's got the Mohawk currently and she's in the Amazing X-Men. As far as descriptors go, we have

Modern
    Classic
    Dark Reign ________
    Astonishing X-Men
    X-Force

and then we have the weird, out-of-place

Patch (Why is the best Wolvie in the game also the most ridiculous?)
    Grey Suit (Because "Product of the Male Gaze" sounded homophobic to the interns)
    Bag-Man (meant to be a joke)

Can we show a little class and give the nice lady a better name? Was GSBW originally called (****)? Why is Daken (Classic) not Mohawk? The character is less than a decade old; what is Classic about him? T'Challa is (The Man Without Fear) but Storm has a quirky stylist so your hands are tied?

Plzplzplzkthx.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    The (Mohawk) is just my wild guess at a name, it's not the official D3 name. IceIX did mention Storm (Mohawk) in one of his posts, mostly to mention he couldn't say anything.

I doubt very much that (Mohawk) will stick around. It's just a temporary thing.

EDIT: Oh, I see she has the name Storm (Mohawk) in the prize covers for Thick as Thieves. I guess D3 let me name her.
  • Why is this so important? You're an event away from getting her first cover, let alone all three.
  • It's important because the cost on her red is the difference between '2 red match ends the game on Desert/Forest' or 'pretty overpowered but probably acceptable'.
  • At 9ap I don't think it will be overpowered. At 5ap you could use the ability 3+ times in a match making desert an endless turn. At 9ap you could use it once in the desert, but the green power isn't going to be able to net you another 9 red ap to cycle it. Same for the jungle. It'll help you build up quickly to use an environment once, but not enough to turn into a endless turn.

Plus the green is likely the newly nerfed version of 14 tiles destroyed at level 5. Best build might be 5/3/5 depending on how much the damage scales for red.
  • Phantron wrote:
    It's important because the cost on her red is the difference between '2 red match ends the game on Desert/Forest' or 'pretty overpowered but probably acceptable'.

ROFL, and you guys need to know if she's overpowered BEFORE even being able to play with / against her? Ridiculous.
  • sorcered wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    It's important because the cost on her red is the difference between '2 red match ends the game on Desert/Forest' or 'pretty overpowered but probably acceptable'.

ROFL, and you guys need to know if she's overpowered BEFORE even being able to play with / against her? Ridiculous.

It certainly impacts on how much effort you should spend in acquiring her cover via a good placement in the current event.

If Mistress goes down to 5 AP (it sure looks like it does not) then you're pretty much looking at a 'stop everything you're doing and grind TaT' deal, and maybe to some people that's important to know.
  • man lazy thor and lazy storm seems pretty scary
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    I have a feeling she'll be overpowered until you 10k HP spenders level her up to 141, after which she'll be soft nerfed... (evil grin)
  • Gone are the days of wolverine/Thor/m. Storm for 2* - 3* transitions. Welcome to the days of Patch/Lazy Thor/Cheap Storm.

Apparently time really is a flat circle.