Frequently Asked Questions

Comments

• brannick89 wrote:
    Hey, if I need to replace my Android phone, will my saved game file be safe and everything? I mean, all I have to do is just connect it through my Facebook again, right?? Well, after I get my Facebook connected through my new phone, I should say.

That's correct.
    IceIX wrote:
    1) Connect to FB on the device that has your save.
    2) Delete the game on the one you want to transfer to (Optional, just to be safe)
    3) Start up the new game and connect to FB. It'll ask to be overwritten.
    4) Press yes.
    5) Enjoy being linked.

EDIT
    I try to find post to quote IceIX just to be beaten by him in answering icon_razz.gif
  • Okay. Thanks. I was never quite sure and I got a couple annoying cracks on my screen from dropping it and there was no freaking way I was going to replace this phone if I had to start this game all over again, well, as long the phone was still working, that is. icon_lol.gif
  • Had some issues linking to facebook. Did it for the iso advantage, but also for the peace of mind of having it backed up. Due to having errors connecting and not having time to run through why too much, is there a way for you guys to retrieve data if my phone spontaneously combusted one day? Would be nice to know my hours of playing were at least somewhat safe despite not being able to connect. Would also possibly change my priority on figuring what's the matter.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,309 Site Admin
    Had some issues linking to facebook. Did it for the iso advantage, but also for the peace of mind of having it backed up. Due to having errors connecting and not having time to run through why too much, is there a way for you guys to retrieve data if my phone spontaneously combusted one day? Would be nice to know my hours of playing were at least somewhat safe despite not being able to connect. Would also possibly change my priority on figuring what's the matter.
    Yep, we can restore it regardless, but it's naturally substandard since it takes work on both ends (you to send in a ticket and us to track it down) as opposed to being selfserve once and forget it.
  • If I have covers to claim (not to train / recruit, but to claim - I don't even know which specific cover I won yet), will they expire if I just leave them unclaimed? (I know that if I do claim them, they'll then have a 7-day timer, but I also don't have roster space yet.)
  • IceIX wrote:
    Had some issues linking to facebook. Did it for the iso advantage, but also for the peace of mind of having it backed up. Due to having errors connecting and not having time to run through why too much, is there a way for you guys to retrieve data if my phone spontaneously combusted one day? Would be nice to know my hours of playing were at least somewhat safe despite not being able to connect. Would also possibly change my priority on figuring what's the matter.
    Yep, we can restore it regardless, but it's naturally substandard since it takes work on both ends (you to send in a ticket and us to track it down) as opposed to being selfserve once and forget it.

Ok cool. Thanks for the info.
  • Mehhh wrote:
    If I have covers to claim (not to train / recruit, but to claim - I don't even know which specific cover I won yet), will they expire if I just leave them unclaimed? (I know that if I do claim them, they'll then have a 7-day timer, but I also don't have roster space yet.)

And the answer is: yes, they will expire even there, and after only 2 days or so (the length of a tournament). :-/ :-/
  • Mehhh wrote:
    Mehhh wrote:
    If I have covers to claim (not to train / recruit, but to claim - I don't even know which specific cover I won yet), will they expire if I just leave them unclaimed? (I know that if I do claim them, they'll then have a 7-day timer, but I also don't have roster space yet.)

And the answer is: yes, they will expire even there, and after only 2 days or so (the length of a tournament). :-/ :-/

No, that's not true.

Presuming you're talking about tokens, standard and heroic tokens never expire. You can keep them as long as you want.

Tournament specific tokens do expire a little bit after the end of the tournament -- as an example the "Bad is Good" token will expire a bit under 2 hours from right now -- there's a timer at the top of the Recruit Heroes page showing when it will be gone. When it goes, so do the tokens.
  • Mehhh wrote:
    The way I interpreted this question was that you placed in a tournament but have not yet received the rewards from that tournament, and you're wondering if they'll expire before you ever even get them into your rewards cache. I don't know the answer, unfortunately
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Mehhh wrote:
    Mehhh wrote:

No, that's not true.

Presuming you're talking about tokens, standard and heroic tokens never expire. You can keep them as long as you want.

Tournament specific tokens do expire a little bit after the end of the tournament -- as an example the "Bad is Good" token will expire a bit under 2 hours from right now -- there's a timer at the top of the Recruit Heroes page showing when it will be gone. When it goes, so do the tokens.

That must have been what happened, then. I lost 2 Dark Avenger cards because I was unwilling to start the 7-day timer on them by claiming them. It was confusing because I was seeing standard covers under either The Hunt or some sub-Hunt, I think, even though I thought I'd won them elsewhere. (I might have lost a 2-star as well; I don't remember anymore.) I was claiming standards left and right anyway - I didn't care about them as much, and maxed hero covers were worth it for the ISO.
  • Are they gonna put some sense in the campaigns making them more in depth and satisfying? Right now i would rate them at 4/10
    What are gonna be big changes to this game?

Really liked lightning rounds! Without them i would probably be stuck at some hard campaign levels and lost interest in game!
  • Rye555
    Rye555 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    I've been playing this game on my phone for a few months now and spent a decent amount of money. I just found out the game went onto steam and love it. Is there anyway I can link the game between my phone and steam account?
  • Rye555 wrote:
    I've been playing this game on my phone for a few months now and spent a decent amount of money. I just found out the game went onto steam and love it. Is there anyway I can link the game between my phone and steam account?

Not yet. They hope to have that ability eventually.
  • Any plans to port to Windows Phone 8?
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    BigChris wrote:
    Any plans to port to Windows Phone 8?

What he said. I like my Windows Phone a lot (it was a gift) but there aren't nearly as many apps as for the other mobile platforms.
  • Ronfar wrote:
    BigChris wrote:
    Any plans to port to Windows Phone 8?
    What he said. I like my Windows Phone a lot (it was a gift) but there aren't nearly as many apps as for the other mobile platforms.
    Same here. Upgraded the misses and myself from dumbphones to Nokia Lumias. icon_e_smile.gif
  • what is the max number of covers you can have in your roster?
  • You can have a number of covers in your roster equal to the number of cover slots you have purchased. The maximum number of covers slots is currently 40. (There are only 30 different characters).
  • Hi there ! Is there any way on steam to start over ? To take the game from the beginnig?
  • Yes, you can delete the save file in your folder:

On Win7 path is something like:

C:\Users\%USERNAME\AppData\Local\Demiurge Studios\Marvel Puzzle Quest\slot0\mpq_save.dat

and restart the game. May need to be able to see hidden files to get there.

Consequently you can also backup your save between computers, between HDs, etc. by saving this file.