Lightning Rounds - June 2-4 - You're All Krakadoomed Edition

Options
Batt1e_Ange1 demands worthy sacrifice. She has unilaterally declared an end to the informal forum ceasefire during all Ragnarok and Hood Lightning Rounds this week.

The digital deity came to me in a dream and commanded me to mercilessly attack any names I recognize during those two rounds. She says that if I see a forumer and hit the Skip button, she will know.

Anyway, Daken and Sentry ARE NOT possible pulls from LR tokens so who cares?

Lightning Rounds run for 48 hours beginning Tuesday afternoon and ending Thursday afternoon. All villains receive 50% buffs. All tokens award worthless prizes. Enjoy the ISO!

Order

Dr. Doom
Loki
Hood, The (!!!)
Magneto (Classic)
Ragnarok (!!!)

Progression Awards

025 - 140 ISO
050 - Standard token
100 - 250 ISO
250 - Standard token
500 - An unwanted popup WHEN I AM TRYING FOR FIRST

Tournament Rewards

1 - 3. 3 Lightning Round Tokens, 500 ISO
3 - 8. 2 Lightning Round Tokens, 500 ISO
9 - 25. 1 Lightning Round Token, 500 ISO
26 - 50. 2 Heroic Tokens, 500 ISO
51 - 100. 1 Heroic Token, 500 ISO
101 - 250. Wow, you wasted 90 minutes of your life for this
250 - 500. Everyone on the planet can communicate telepathically except you
500 - 1000. Bill Murray whispered "mustard farts" into her ear. Now you know.
1000 - 2000. Those little orange and black candies old people buy on Halloween
2000- 10,000. Nobody will ever truly love you

EDIT: The Lady has quenched her bloodthirst for another week.

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I don't remember anyone bragging 2 weeks ago that they got uberDaken from a LR token...
    I have been ignoring the LRs more and more, mostly farming ISO and only rarely shooting for tokens. If the devs wanted the 2* players to have a shot in the once most competitive format, why drop 2* covers like candy then? It's still 3* players that dominate the format. Not sure about 'leet' LRs but hopefully most 3* players recognized the value of rewards and let others get them.
    That made me wish of a format geared towards 3* players, with good HP and better ISO prizes; maybe then they would naturally gravitate there instead of LRs.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    Got a quick question here. What's the deal with being attacked by other players when there's still a good 5-10 minutes of seed teams left? Shouldn't everyone run out of seed teams at the same time? Doesn't always happen to me, but it's enough to make me wonder.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You only get seed teams if you start the LR within the first minute or so (at least in my experience). So people that start a couple minutes after the start are attacking players, not seed teams. I assume these early defeats come at the hands of these late-starting players.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you for this Ghast!
    icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Totally worth getting hit on the Hood and Rag rounds for levity's sake!

If you hit a forumite, Battle Angel will know!

(A++++++; would read again!)
  • Unknown
    Options
    The goddess has sent me a message:

01010100 01101001 01101011 00100000 01010100 01101111 01101011
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    gambl0r312 wrote:
    If you hit a forumite, Battle Angel will know!
    I did what I could but Mohio's Punisher gave me a beatdown in short order (some lucky critical cascades didn't help matters) - hopefully the attempt will be enough to appease her icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haha, was wondering why you would hit me so early in the LR. I don't get a whole lot of defensive wins, so it was a surprise.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I had three seed teams and then you popped up out of the blue - I reckon I could have taken you had Punisher not cascaded himself about 15 black in one turn icon_e_wink.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    don't really undersand what you were looking for, ghast.. i retaled perfunctorily (just farming isos).. but you came at it again.. i saw you were about to cross the 500 pts so i didn't retal again.. but you were really juicy..it was hard not to hit you again..oh well..
  • Unknown
    Options
    don't really undersand what you were looking for, ghast.. i retaled perfunctorily (just farming isos).. but you came at it again.. i saw you were about to cross the 500 pts so i didn't retal again.. but you were really juicy..it was hard not to hit you again..oh well..

When you retaliate, you show up in my queue. I cannot skip you. She'll know.

EDIT: As you can see, she is pleased.
    fV0Xt1Z.jpg?1

In total, she gave me

4 Captain America
    2 Bag-Man
    3 Wolverine
    1 Thor
    2 Moonstone
    2 C. Storm
    2 Ares
    1 Daken
    2 Bullseye
    2 OBW
    3 M. Hawkeye

Thank you nice lady.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i'm happy to let you hook up with your angel... icon_e_biggrin.gif
    btw gjm or sth from uncannymugs, you now have all my attention.. i give you back your courtesy when you think you re gonna cross a certain treshold..
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghast is sounding a bit like Thanos and his affections for Death.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Screenshotted for lulz, by the way felt great

N2lJ9HVl.png
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ghast, I'm not sure whether I should be pleased or not that the game thinks I'm only worth a Bag-man prize icon_lol.gif

I think a while back when these cover prizes started, WYP was miffed he was only worth a Yelena prize when locked or somebody nailed him....

At least mine sells for 250 ISO not 100 icon_cool.gif

Still worth being hit tho! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    locked wrote:
    Screenshotted for lulz, by the way felt great

N2lJ9HVl.png

I like that locked here is ALSO gearing up to unleash a CTS as the finisher, never mind the 1 Hit Point lulz.... icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I got over 300 points just off seed teams during my lunch break. I even left Battle Angel's 7 points on the table. I think the highest I've gotten before off seed teams is like 220-230, and that may have been with a defensive win assist.

I also got 16-17 covers, total, so I think I got at least 5000 ISO off of the one round. And it's not even over yet.