*** Storm (Mohawk) ***

Comments

• WesFaram wrote:
    I have a feeling she'll be another "lazy" gold character. However, I hope it's not a straight up copy of the 1 star Storm. I like the idea that they reworked Daken a little (heard the devs promise he won't be a more annoying version of the 2 star). I imagine she'll be out by the end of May to coincide with the new XMen movie. I wish they made Cyclops or Iceman, instead, but one can always dream!

I think ice told me somewhere that dakan was getting a blue skill....so not 100% the same.
  • eviscent
    eviscent Posts: 17
    Punk Storm is coming like i wish AHAHHAHA

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5570&p=98323&hilit=punk#p98323
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    qtquazar wrote:
    Wolverine cut her hair?

We do what we can in the modern economy.

"I'm the best at what I do, and what I do... is so terribly pretty!"
  • Is it just a rumor, or Storm *** will really see the light ?
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    Is it just a rumor, or Storm *** will really see the light ?
    It is not certain she will be 3* but she is coming.
  • Looking at the silhouette and comparing it to the modern mohawk era and old powerless mohawk era, I'm pretty much certain it's the latter.

So I assume her abilities might focus on being a leader and MAYBE something about Morlocks (summoning?).

I'm really looking forward to see the art!
  • SandsTheMan
    SandsTheMan Posts: 69
    No AP powers, but every matched gem is for 200+ damage
  • Badman82 wrote:
    The last thing this game needs is more copies of existing heroes, and cheap ones at that lol. I thought that with rags neutered and wolverine declawed that they weren't going to create more annoying characters. 3* storm....um no thanks! Might as well make a 3* bullseye while you're at it?
    They're already on it. See Lazy Daken
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Either Storm or She-Hulk will be the next character, probably in mid June. Bumping.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope she isn't a lazy version, both powersets would be a bit OP with 3* scaling, much less the small nudge they usually give the powers.

That said, she'll undoubtedly have a green AP generation power, since apparently that's her thing
  • Spoit wrote:
    I hope she isn't a lazy version, both powersets would be a bit OP with 3* scaling, much less the small nudge they usually give the powers.

That said, she'll undoubtedly have a green AP generation power, since apparently that's her thing

Agreed, although I'd love to see some version of Mistress of the Elements. I loved 1* storm purely for her ability to clear out environment tiles.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    My *hope* is that we get a 3* Storm with Mistress of the Elements combined with 2* Storm's Green and possibly a black power that generates fewer, but more powerful attack tiles.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    If she is a gold version of 1* Storm, it seems more likely she'd have 2* Storm's powers, since all the gold versions have been based on 2*'s at this point. Of course, that might just be coincidence based on who they chose as "most popular", in which case the powers could be exactly the same as the 1*.

If so, I'm not looking forward to it. The cascade potential and general annoyance factor, plus increased match damage, will not make fighting her fun. At least her low health should keep her from being too scary. (Imagine a Storm with 8700 health!) icon_eek.gif
  • Spoit
    I imagine that IceIX's talk about how she is still going through the design process means that she's probably not exactly a lazy character. Otherwise, he'd hopefully at least be able to give us hints?
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think she may be the next (if not, next, next) PVE rewards.

Think about it, after months of inactivity on BP rewards, suddenly we have 1 PVE and 1 PVP giving out BP covers.

It indicates to me that D3 wants the general group to have BP for their next big event.

And who will pair the best with BP? His wife of course, Punkstorm! icon_e_smile.gif

I can't wait for the day which she-hulk is released. Super-buffed Hulk pvp will be tough icon_e_smile.gif
  • Spoit
    Didn't IceIX say that She-hulk was further along in the design process than storm?
  • He at least implied it. Let us know She-Hulk's colors (R/U/G) but had no details regarding new Storm.
  • 1* and 2* storm only had 1 power in common, i hope it's not some lazy version where the two existing storm are mashed together DBZ fusion style

and it better the 2013 ver. of mohawk storm with the white vest
  • I am pretty sure Mohawk Storm is coming out before She-Hulk.

Think back to the days leading up the release of Lazy Daken. They gave us a **** ton of Daken covers as 2* rewards from like everything. Now think of what 2* they are giving us in like every event? Plus, he was released at the end of Season 1 and Season 2 is ending in about 2 weeks so would make sense to see her around then.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Didn't IceIX say that She-hulk was further along in the design process than storm?

I have to think that Storm and She-Hulk are already complete. Designing a character would be too involved a process to leak future possibilities unless they were already in the bag.

I think IceIX just mentioned the She-Hulk colours to say that D3 is producing some new colour combinations. Which, by inference, probably means that MoStorm is a colour combo we've already seen.