The Hunt

Comments

• So for the new Savage Land I'm getting 13 points per match.

Really it's my own fault for committing the crime of playing the game. What a very bizarre system.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    abuelo wrote:
    So for the new Savage Land I'm getting 13 points per match.

Really it's my own fault for committing the crime of playing the game. What a very bizarre system.
    Yeah at this point, I just have no idea, and am already just justifying to myself that I really could use that last green wolvie
  • If I had a "hard" bracket and rubberbanded every 3rd event I would finish this event with basically enough hp to buy 2 covers @ 3*** lvl. In retrospect ..I did mention the option earlier and maybe I should have taken it lol..I needed the ISO though so...

Would have just done savage land as its the only one with hp rewards. Also has the easiest repeatables imo.
  • **Wolverine is maxed, not gonna score high enough for punisher, hunt tokens have all been vendor trash. I'm glad this event is good for ISO.

Would consider trying for punisher, but 5 minutes into one of the events I was getting 15 points per match, and top 10 were already 600+. Doesn't seem like it could've been based on the sub-event score, but my main event score was also low, so I'm once again confused about rubberbanding.
  • I've had terrible luck trying to win these individual events. I wait until the very last moment and there are always 6 or 7 people that have 10k+ points at the top of the leader board. The best I've ever done is 7-8k. But I refuse to grind after I finish them.

I'll miss these 8-10k in ISO I'm getting every day when this tourney is done.
  • Yeah, the gap is widening in my bracket (although I'm maintaining top 15). At this point, I'll be happy if I get to Punish, but am considering this event an insane ISO farm (and I'm very, very happy about that).
  • abuelo wrote:

Agreed.
  • Misguided wrote:
    abuelo wrote:

Agreed.

after not playing the hunt for 2 days, i went from rank 300 to rank 2 with one clear of alaska.

as much as this system rewards casuals, its gonna devastate ppl who played the game throughout.
  • The more I think about it, the more I think it's not that bad.

Consider the alternative: the grinder gets everything, mission prizes and placement prizes.

Game this system and you'll win placement prizes, but lose out on mission prizes.
  • forgrim wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    abuelo wrote:

Agreed.

after not playing the hunt for 2 days, i went from rank 300 to rank 2 with one clear of alaska.

as much as this system rewards casuals, its gonna devastate ppl who played the game throughout.
    Holy hell, this is the overall Hunt rank and not the Alaska submission?
  • I think they should stop making PVE a competition and just have it a series of escalating challenges for rewards. Would solve a lot.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I think they should stop making PVE a competition and just have it a series of escalating challenges for rewards. Would solve a lot.

You know, what they could have done is made us compete for the tokens on the individual maps, then give out the overall prizes based on how many tokens you won, instead of some combined score. They could have set the number of tokens required to reach the different tiers. That would mean a lot more Punisher covers given out, but I'm not convinced that would necessarily be a bad thing, since it means more people potentially spending HP on him. So, for instance (just pulling numbers off the top of my head for illustration) 10+ tokens gets all three covers, 8-9 gets two, 5+ get one, or some variation on that.

Winners of the final awards is going to be a complete crapshoot, as opposed to rewarding people that played the event consistently.
  • Other single-player games, leaderboards are generally determined by fastest run or run with the highest score. This game has neither mechanic really implemented well. Speed is irrelevant if the event lasts a week long and score is irrelevant if you can merely repeat ad inifitum.

I think a simple solution is have the repeatable missions gets harder every time (i.e. increased level). Eventually it'll reach a point where it becomes too dificult to do. Throwing away rubberbanding of course, so you can go at your own pace. With this, the point system could be simplified, only needing the simple variable of # of waves completed.
  • abuelo wrote:

I started Florida 10 mins before it closed it told me I got 13 points for the first match "you've won 13 points, you now have 13 points", the next match said it was worth 13 too and told me "you've won 13 points, you now have 300ish", the next one said it was worth 13 too "you've won 13 points, you now have 400ish".

I just had the same happen in Savage Land too, I've completed two levels both of which said they were worth 13 points, but I now have 310 points... It appears to have corrected itself now though, all the other levels display realistic amounts of points.
  • It's just weird, it's like the game is encouraging me NOT to play, which surely can't be the intention of the developers.
  • I think it's encouraging people who don't get to play every day for a few hours a chance to still compete. Nothing wrong with that.
  • abuelo wrote:
    It's just weird, it's like the game is encouraging me NOT to play, which surely can't be the intention of the developers.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but as someone who tries to maximize rubberbanding, I still think I play this game way too much. Pretry much dropped every other game because of it. There were like 3 events going on at the same time. That's plenty.
  • The more I think about it, the more I think it's not that bad.

Consider the alternative: the grinder gets everything, mission prizes and placement prizes.

Game this system and you'll win placement prizes, but lose out on mission prizes.

You, sir, have it pegged. You have a choice, sit out to put yourself in contention for 500 hp. Play to rack up some of the easiest ISO you will ever get. Either way, everyone should be happy, they are giving away craploads in this event. The Punisher isn't going to be a difference maker straight away, don't stress about him. If he is, I'll eat my ladder lol
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I think it's encouraging people who don't get to play every day for a few hours a chance to still compete. Nothing wrong with that.

To refine this, I will play when I want rather than thinking I have to. That's healthy, otherwise the burnout will take its toll, possibly terminally in some cases. The thought of grinding for 10 days straight, during a normal working week, was an absolute no no for me. The new points system will render the end game an absolute lottery, but it's way better for EVERYONE to not have to grind mercilessly. PvE should be stressless (other than hammer goons spawning endless tiles lol)
  • The Ladder wrote:
    The Punisher isn't going to be a difference maker straight away, don't stress about him. If he is, I'll eat my ladder lol

Just so we know, what kind of ladder is it? Step? Extension? Wood? Aluminum? Fiberglass?

We need details.