phone call while playing

Options
Getting a phone call while in a game causes the app to close out completely. Your characters retain any damage dine to them and you lose any boosts you used.

Comments

• Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    what phone do you have? Might be helpful if I decide I need to start telling my friends I no longer want to talk to them.
  • Dninot wrote:
    what phone do you have? Might be helpful if I decide I need to start telling my friends I no longer want to talk to them.

Turn on Airplane mode and then re-enable WiFi. Problem solved! icon_e_wink.gif

I kid (sort of); it'd be preferable if the app just saved your state.
  • I do not have this problem, game is still running in background. Check your task manager if it is still running, and open game from there, it should continue. At least for me (Samsung galaxy note 2, android 4.1.1)
  • Dninot wrote:

Droid RAZR hd
  • Most likely your phone doesn't have enough memory to run both this app and the phone app at the same time; possibly because of other apps you have running. I've certainly answered calls on my 5S mid-game without issues.

If this is a problem for you, kill other things you have before playing. There's not anything the app programmers can do -- overall system memory management on both Android and iOS is handled by the OS.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Most likely your phone doesn't have enough memory to run both this app and the phone app at the same time; possibly because of other apps you have running. I've certainly answered calls on my 5S mid-game without issues.

If this is a problem for you, kill other things you have before playing. There's not anything the app programmers can do -- overall system memory management on both Android and iOS is handled by the OS.

Yeah I play on my old-**** 3GS and I get a warning every time I open the app that my phone doesn't meet the minimum spec so I haven't really complained about memory issues I've experience since I'm just glad they let me play as is. I'll take the occasional hiccup in stride until I get around to getting my 5S (next month hopefully). icon_e_smile.gif
  • I've experienced something similar while playing on my Galaxy S3. It wasn't from taking a phone call, but just the game randomly black screening and returning to the "desktop." I'm not sure it was a crash because I didn't get a crash error message or a "report to dev" form. I was in the middle of an arena match all three times it happened. When I relaunched the game, all my characters would still have damage done to them, my boosts were gone, but the opposing team was back to full health and it would count against me as a loss (1 out of 3 matches lost).

Not sure if this is related to your problem, but it sounds like it might be. I never figured out why/what caused it. It hasn't happened other than those three times. Not sure it was related to memory because I have an app that warns me when my RAM use gets to 80% and I immediately shut stuff down.