Don't level your cards if you want to PvP

2»

Comments

• ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    vayhle wrote:
    i've found that once i started using my first 141(punisher) i still had to deal with 2* max teams that i could beat, but more and more i leveled my second one up(Super Cap) i started seeing more and more even teams, comparable with mine. It seems my MMR is allowing my teams i'm going up against flow in a very nice natural curve. I still get hit hard by the 141's(getting hit by a member of SHIELD was a very oddly proud moment for me btw). i still occasionally get defeated by lesser teams(mostly MNMags/CStorm teams) but it's been nice. What i think needs to happen is giving someone a penalty if they use boosts or something to that effect. say something to effect of "Notice: if you use this boost your points earned will be less by XX amount" because for the most part, that's most likely what's happening. I know some people are in the camp of "nerf OBW!" but i think she's very well balanced, her power being balanced by being squishy as hell, 2 141's see that and it's basically a free lunch. the season and tweaking of the brackets has definitely been noticable to me, cause i used to be in brackets where anything over 900 was guaranteed a top 10 finish but now that i've got multiple 141's i've gotta get to 1000 to get top 10. I like the changes for the most part though, just the fact that i still get killed by level 85's annoys me, but not enough to quit this game.

I'm talking about something different. In all the PvP events (shield, psylocke, lightning), every enemy i get to choose to fight is a 141/141/[something close to 141 depending on the event]. This turned PvP from fun and sometimes challenging, to a complete slog and no fun at all. Alliancemates who have nothing close to 141 cards yet are getting the same draws, 141/141/x. It really sucks.

i know that feeling, i remember when i use to get into those death brackets and just didn't bother trying to finish high.
  • I just leveled my L.Thor to 141 over the weekend. It's my second 141 character. Right now I feel like I'm a completely new world. In my Psylocke bracket yesterday I manged 100 points and then I was going to come back today and play more. When I started to make a push, these were my nodes:

Node 1 is 197 Psylocke/141 Patch/141 Hulk.
    Node 2 is 144 Psylocke/141 L.Thor/141 Hulk.
    Node 3 is 176 Psylocke/141 Daken/141 C.Magneto.

Skip 1 is 203 Psylocke/141 Punisher/141 Hulk.
    Skip 2 is 173 Psylocke/141 Rad Hood/141 Thor.
    Skip 3 is 212 Psylocke/141 Daken/141 Sentry.

I'm not saying I need need cupcakes all the way through, but I expected SOME non-max teams. I would like to feel like I've accomplished something in my time playing this game, but right now I feel like I haven't done anything.

I started out against teams like I listed above before I quit for the night last night. So, I have a 141 Iron Man, a 141 L.Thor, and a 110 Punisher. In 6 matches, there's 12 non-Psylocke characters. All 12 of those spots were filled with 141s. Fine, I can do that too, except my 141's don't really work well together, but I could do it. My Psylocke is 42, so she's boosted to 63. That means that every other Psylocke I've faced is at least double, and in a lot of cases triple, mine. Yet I see no one else like my team, just these super teams.

I'm not a PvP king. Far from it. I generally average 700-850 points. I've finished above 900 once in the last 5 PvP brackets. Why are we starting out against always max teams when you get so far? With intentional tanking gone it's getting worse because the people who are actually getting their butts handed to them (like I am) have no recourse but to shut up and take it.

Currently my options are to play, lose, use health pack, lose, wait an hour and a half, use health packs, lose, wait an hour and a half...etc.
  • Askani wrote:
    I just leveled my L.Thor to 141 over the weekend. It's my second 141 character. Right now I feel like I'm a completely new world. In my Psylocke bracket yesterday I manged 100 points and then I was going to come back today and play more. When I started to make a push, these were my nodes:

Node 1 is 197 Psylocke/141 Patch/141 Hulk.
    Node 2 is 144 Psylocke/141 L.Thor/141 Hulk.
    Node 3 is 176 Psylocke/141 Daken/141 C.Magneto.

Skip 1 is 203 Psylocke/141 Punisher/141 Hulk.
    Skip 2 is 173 Psylocke/141 Rad Hood/141 Thor.
    Skip 3 is 212 Psylocke/141 Daken/141 Sentry.

I'm not saying I need need cupcakes all the way through, but I expected SOME non-max teams. I would like to feel like I've accomplished something in my time playing this game, but right now I feel like I haven't done anything.

I started out against teams like I listed above before I quit for the night last night. So, I have a 141 Iron Man, a 141 L.Thor, and a 110 Punisher. In 6 matches, there's 12 non-Psylocke characters. All 12 of those spots were filled with 141s. Fine, I can do that too, except my 141's don't really work well together, but I could do it. My Psylocke is 42, so she's boosted to 63. That means that every other Psylocke I've faced is at least double, and in a lot of cases triple, mine. Yet I see no one else like my team, just these super teams.

I'm not a PvP king. Far from it. I generally average 700-850 points. I've finished above 900 once in the last 5 PvP brackets. Why are we starting out against always max teams when you get so far? With intentional tanking gone it's getting worse because the people who are actually getting their butts handed to them (like I am) have no recourse but to shut up and take it.

Currently my options are to play, lose, use health pack, lose, wait an hour and a half, use health packs, lose, wait an hour and a half...etc.

Exactly my point. It's no fun.