Options
2»

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Regalis wrote:
    bloodwars wrote:
    well, i had the server eat my red/yellow patch rewards (and 100 hp) from the last top gun pvp (1424 score) and all i've gotten so far (14 days and 3 tickets so far, only 1 response to ticket #2) was their records show i got them.

i also will not be spending a dollar on this game till they fix their mistake. and i'll keep bringing it up, cause i'm still annoyed by the whole thing.

I had the same issue and same response with a bunch of Lazy Cap covers that never arrived nearly 6 weeks ago.

By now it's clear that this game is what it is, and D3/Demiurge are what they are. Ron White knows it can't be fixed.

...Herpes?

OH. Stupid. Gotcha.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'll throw my 2 cents into this mess.

Cs is awful.

That's all.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Here we go again seriously is IM40 bugged to crash your servers
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's not that they can't compensate you - they just won't.

And the person who got sandboxed because the server repeatedly dumped rewards onto him wasn't "exploiting" anything, just trying to play the game, and repeatedly being given rewards when the client received data from the server. It was generally out of his control.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    My turn to moan to CS about rewards! I don't give a **** about the CStorm I've lost but the ISO and HP would be damn handy.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    If the server crash affected "all players," emeryt would not have been able to post our reduced scores in this forum while we were unable to access the game.
    Not to mention I wouldn't be able to hit Bee, when I was unaware of the problem.

Did You reply to them? I think You should.

EDIT: btw. do You (and Bugpop) still put money in this **** of a game?
    I can't speak for Bugpop, but I haven't added any real money to my account since the crash and don't plan to. I'm trying to change my play-style to not use HP-using boosts and minimal shields, i.e., enough so that I earn enough to cover what I spend from individual and alliance winnings. I don't plan to shield-hop to 1300 anymore. I have a bank of about 10000 HP that I will save. I won't buy extra covers for Sentry; I'll see what She-Hulk and 3* Storm look like.

If there is a sale on HP or ISO, I might buy some with some iTunes gift cards that I bought at a discount (15% off), but, otherwise, until things change, I am not going to give the developers more money.

I'm in the same boat. I've been a victim of shield expiration due to server shutdowns twice now over the last couple weeks. The last time I emailed them about it, it took them over a week to respond and I got the same **** you did... that "all players were affected" which simply wasn't true. I replied elaborating that if that were the case, I'd not be complaining and that it obviously didn't affect everyone considering I took a major point loss through unshielded attacks while I couldn't log in.

Never got a response to that, so like you... they're not getting my money.

Shame that terrible customer service is not only preventing bad experiences from transitioning to good ones, but also for discouraging people from wanting to spend money on their game, when all they had to do is offer up some ISO or HP as compensation, which costs them nothing. When you spend money on something and it doesn't work the way it should, you'd think they'd be more understanding.
  • Unknown
    Options
    You're going to have to change your surname dark, getting real chatty nowadays icon_e_biggrin.gif

I did like the ........................
  • Unknown
    Options
    I surface once every few weeks. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    So I decided to try alternatives to this game. Xmen battle of atom showed promise from reading then the in game graphics killed it. Avengers alliance showed promise it felt to slow. Yea looks like I am stuck with this game for a while. Just hoping dc comics team up with bejeweled

How o felt hopping around a few days ago looking at stuff. Moat of the match 3s are the same stuff and I am.sure have similar customer support issues....while not being marvel, which is honestly 90% of why I even looked at the game in the first place.

I did just start playing injustice gods among us though. Not a match 3 but its solo(at my leisure) until android gets updated to thier 2.0 patch that added multiplayer and I am.enjoying it. Uses packs and cover equivalents and 3 powers and what not...plus its DC so its still comic books (though imo the lesser of the two sans batman...who is hands down hero #1 in all of. Comics). Maybe a key part I find nice is that there is only 1 real currency, and it is earned via playing allowing you to buy packs. It's a side component to a fun AAA console title so they probably don't have as much of the corporate push toake the game more profitable at the cost of the playerbase like this does.

It is kinda irritating to look through the app stores and find a billion clones of games though....injustice was a little refreshing in that regard (though nothing extrordinarg or anything). And once someone comes out with something new, there are a ton of weak clones and the same process of only 4 times of games being visible on the app store continues
  • Unknown
    Options
    I did just start playing injustice gods among us though. Not a match 3 but its solo(at my leisure) until android gets updated to thier 2.0 patch that added multiplayer and I am.enjoying it.
    I'll have a look at it as well. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    MonCagz wrote:
    I did just start playing injustice gods among us though. Not a match 3 but its solo(at my leisure) until android gets updated to thier 2.0 patch that added multiplayer and I am.enjoying it.
    The PC version is great, not to mention the comic - if You don't know it, go grab it. Alternative universe we were always dreamed of.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    MonCagz wrote:
    The PC version is great, not to mention the comic - if You don't know it, go grab it. Alternative universe we were always dreamed of.
    Good to know. Thanks!
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2014
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    And the person who got sandboxed because the server repeatedly dumped rewards onto him wasn't "exploiting" anything, just trying to play the game, and repeatedly being given rewards when the client received data from the server. It was generally out of his control.
    I should clarify (as my rambling comment never actually said this) that the first mention of the alliance mate's situation heavily implied that he had applied all the Daken covers being received. That was what I was referring to in the other post.
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well now I feel really badly, I was playing the Heavy Metal event and was moving up in the standings and felt that I was pretty lucky that I wasn't getting attacked. I'm not sure which group I was in as I'll be honest I don't really pay that much attention but first only had slightly over 1100 points and I still only finished in the top 20. Didn't even occur to me that others may be having issues. Just for future reference how would I be able to check something like that so I'm not abusing the system?
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll have to edit the heading, but I got a new response -- and compensation. Customer service acknowledged that the outage did not affect everyone and that it was fair to compensate me for the lost shields/boosts.

So I guess the lesson is to be persistent, be polite, and be able to point out when they are incorrect by directing them to evidence that proves they are wrong.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Im glad they fixed it for you eventually, but it shouldn't take that level of persistence and proof from your side. It was a major flaw that happened with the servers and the CS team should be aware of it and the issues it caused. You shouldnt have to debate them in order to get free digital compensation that costs them nothing to fix. Honestly they spent more CS time (the only thing they actually have to pay for in this interaction) trying to NOT give you compensation than it would have cost them to simply address the issue and fix it.

Seems like the CS people dont actually play or understand the game. If you work on something, you should be very familiar with it.