Ranzera's PC Feedback Megathread... ok not really

Options
First off, I just want to say the PC UI overall is fantastic! I'll include in this thread all my little nitpicks that could make it better but just know that I really like what you've put out there so far.

1: On Team Selection Screen: There is enough real estate to show the health status for all 3 selected heroes but you only show the health stats for the highlighted hero. I can't remember off hand but I believe this is the behavior of the mobile version.

2: In Battle: Passives cause the ability bar to snap to the passive every time it fires. This can be annoying in the case of Wolverine and Daken during upkeeps(haha I play MTG).

3: The arena screen only takes up about a 50% of the available space and could clearly be enlarged to fill the space.

4: On the event rewards screen: For the love of god enable the mouse wheel for scrolling, PC users hate click dragging! lol

5: On Team Selection Screen: Banners cover up the health regen timer. Horribly tiny pic for clarity: LHBV1h5.jpg

6: The Boost selection window should be much wider!

I'm sure I'll find more, I'll add and bump as I do.

Comments

• No.4 is especially important to me.

For the battle screen, being able to see enemy AP is great. Now, I like tabs as much as the next person but I'm wondering the mobile powers display could be used for both AI and the player though. Now that I've gotten used to it, it's nice to see how much of each AP type I have for each character and since the Steam version has a lot more screen space, using that display layout seems like a good idea to me. And you could get more detail without clicking through the various tabs.

Also, I vaguely remember reading in an earlier post that I can't seem to find again now that Facebook gifting wasn't in the Steam version or that you could only receive and not send. Or it might have been the other way around, I forget. Can anyone confirm this?
  • It seems to me you can neither send nor receive FB gifts on PC. But it may have simply been coincidence.
  • Yea, I've been playing on the PC for the last hour and haven't gotten the opportunity to send out gifts. I supposed it makes sense since you can't link the game to a Facebook account at the moment.

Another thing I noticed is that during a game the chat bubble obscures the game board. I tend to hover my mouse in that area for quick access to abilities so it's not ideal to have part of the game board out of sight most of the time.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    It seems to me you can neither send nor receive FB gifts on PC. But it may have simply been coincidence.

I've been playing all night on PC, I've neither gotten nor sent any.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    fatcatfan wrote:
    It seems to me you can neither send nor receive FB gifts on PC. But it may have simply been coincidence.

I've been playing all night on PC, I've neither gotten nor sent any.
    I don't even receive tournament rewards on PC, I have to go back to my mobile to get them. Like I know I've passed a progression point and got nothing, but it's there on mobile just fine.

Something seems a little off about the colors or the color depth on PC for me, but I dunno if that's just because my brightness is too high or something. There's pretty clear distinction between when colors change as opposed to a smooth gradient.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fatcatfan wrote:
    I could have sworn that I received some before, but I'm not sure.

I do feel a bit bad about doing all my lighting tournament grinding on it, since it means I'm not sending any while I'm churning through matches, but the power UI is so much better for spamming stuff icon_e_smile.gif
  • I can skip much faster on PC with mouse and keyboard than I could on mobile with tapping.

I haven't noticed any trouble receiving tournament rewards on PC though. Pretty sure I was getting progress rewards in the Hunt on PC.