Dark Avengers tourney aka Rag/Daken/Bullseye tourney

Comments

• greggray24 wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    Managed to tank my rating from 800 to 600 in an hour and took advantage of a late comer wanting IW to easily get second. Great success!

ETA: sorry about that Greggray24 icon_e_smile.gif

Was there really someone wanting IW? With 3 mins left it did not look that way. I was in a game for 9pts (figured that would keep me in top 5 but not put me in first) so missed the ending.

No worries about the tactics - I am very happy with top 5 - especially considering I went into the tournament with at 28 Rags (2/1), 40 Daken, and 20 Bullseye. Came out with 38 Rags (2/2), 53 Daken, 30 Bullseye and a lot less ISO & HP (used my saved HP for a Rags cover). Either way - it was a much weaker team than most out there. Suspect if people were fighting for the top prize I would never have been able to get top 5. Took some serious skipping and pacing myself to not get too high and draw attacks while staying in striking range. Now my 2/4/3 Spider-Man is 3/5/3. 2pt stuns should be a game changer (I know 3pt ones where)! Oh, and please delete that nerf 2pt abilities thread until I've used my first one for a while - was hard to get!

Yeah that one guy passed me to 631 or something and at 3 minutes he won another game.to put him in the 650s so I zerged down a match worth 20 and got second icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Got my first blue spidey. Thanks to the guy who rocketed up to #1 and gave me a cushion to push for 2. Definitely close onw to yield n fit just enough to try for 2. All that with a 28 daken, 20 venom and used almost all my saved hero pts on 2 red rags to get him to lvl 40. Now lets see if I can get 2 again.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Went to bed in first, woke up in...first. Only got attacked twice. And plenty of stronger teams than mine out there (I was at over 1000 points), which shows how little interest there was in first place.

I didn't get attacked at ALL overnight. And only got attacked once or twice from then until the end of the tournament, despite going up against some stronger teams. I think most people just avoided attacking teams with high level Rags because of the sheer amount of health you had to go through w/ poor damage dealers.
  • Too Easy wrote:
    fatcatfan wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the other two in my bracket vying with me for #2 were coordinating their efforts. They ended tied for 1st and second after being tied a few other times while moving up *and* down in score. 4th place was way behind and not moving. I'm happy with 3rd, but would've liked that purple.
    i didnt know that was u in my bracket lol....ye i got 2nd
    Oh, hello! Yeah, that was me. Congrats!
  • I skipped like every Rag that was over level 25, haha.
    Got first then tanked my score a bit and managed an easy second place finish. So glad I can finally get my spidey started.
  • I went to bed comfortably at #1 witih 1000 rating and woke up #2 with a purple spidey waiting for me. Pleasantly surprised. 3/5/4 now...one more purple and i'm done!
  • greggray24 wrote:

Was there really someone wanting IW?

Yes, me and other guys which had Spidey maxed
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Me as well. I was still going for my first IW.
  • I got my Spidey to 3/5/5 right before the end of the tournament so I went ahead and went for IW so I could do those locked matches in the PvE. Won without many attacks. Lol. This is the first time that I wasn't completely bombarded by attacks at the end of a PvP tournament. Lol. On the other hand, in the Mags lightning round, I went from 2nd to 14th in the time it took me to finish one match. icon_eek.gif
  • Polkio wrote:
    greggray24 wrote:

We should jump in a bracket right when the event starts... Would love some Spidey covers.
  • IW is required for Jump Jets in The Hunt, so people who missed the boat in Red ISO are unfortunately forc--err, strongly encouraged to compete if they want a shot at Punisher...
  • someguy wrote:
    IW is required for Jump Jets in The Hunt, so people who missed the boat in Red ISO are unfortunately forc--err, strongly encouraged to compete if they want a shot at Punisher...

Yep. I've been struggling to keep up without the points from her locked events. Did them as soon as I got her and was able to jump back into first place for the first time in two days. IW might be a necessary evil if you want The Punisher. (And I really do. icon_razz.gif)
  • The way the rubberbanding works, I'm not sure that's true at all. The scores are swinging so wildly, building a lead is impossible. Unless whichever event is running at the very end has the highest scoring mission requiring her, I don't think it will matter.
  • Her mission was worth almost 400 points for me. The next closest was worth around 150. In my bracket, 1st and 10th place are only separated by around 500 points, so being able to complete her battle helped me out a lot. icon_e_biggrin.gif I don't know about the other brackets, though. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Polkio wrote:
    greggray24 wrote:

I meant in our bracket. Were you the one that vaulted to first in our bracket or are you answering in general? In our bracket everyone was huddled in the high 500s low 600s and it looked like nobody wanted 1st. Worked for me because if I had to get much higher I would have been a very attractive and easy target for the points.
  • Interesting...the person at the top of my bracket just attacked me...
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    greggray24 wrote:

I meant in our bracket. Were you the one that vaulted to first in our bracket or are you answering in general? In our bracket everyone was huddled in the high 500s low 600s and it looked like nobody wanted 1st. Worked for me because if I had to get much higher I would have been a very attractive and easy target for the points.

Sorry I was answering general.
  • I was lucky enough to get 2nd in the first tourney as well. I finished the tourney with a 69 Daken/40 Yelena/30 Moonstone. Didn't think that was nearly good enough team for a #2 finish. Feel bad putting ISO into Moonstone when I have a lvl 53 ***Black Widow at 5/3/5 needing ISO desperately.
  • Got my hero points, joke team away! Feel free to attack icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • You attacked me Ranzera icon_e_sad.gif