Cover merge

Options
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that lvl 200 venom is a pretty solid character. So I cam up with an idea to allow players to make one. Create a cover merge system that allows players to merge maxed lvl covers with the same skill distribution for the cost of HP. The result would be a character with ahigher lvl, but the same skills. So for example. You have a lvl 40 venom, you then have totrain another lvl 40 venom. Then you have the optionto combine them into a lvl 80 venom by spending some hp.

The intersting thing about this idea is it will get people using more 1 stars and people will have to buy additional cover slots. Maybe it should be limited to 1 star characters, because I imagine lvl 170 thor or lvl 230 ragnarok would be game breaking. Maybe it could be limited to only 1 combineper character. So that a 1 star would be stuck at lvl 80 after a combine and it could not be combined with another lvl 80 one star.

I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Game-breaking suggestion. Those high-level characters are obstacles, not player assets. They compensate for the somewhat easy AI to make tougher PvE levels.
  • I think nobody wants to see a level 200 modern storm.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I think nobody wants to see a level 200 modern storm.

I do if she's in my roster.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe just a special event where you have 1* characters boosted to insane levels? Because playing with a level 200 Modern Storm would be a lot of fun...
  • For those who don't know, this is the way most Japanese gatcha-style card-collecting games work (Rage of Bahamut, Reign of Dragons, Blood Brothers, etc.).

It's been suggested before but I doubt the devs would ever implement this. There are temporary event boosts to buff characters.

If D3P ever wants there to be a higher level Venom, they'll just add another version (Venom Classic or Venom Modern or whatever). If that new version is a decently powerful card with rarity of 2-star or higher, D3P will be able to put it in limited edition heroic tokens, use it to encourage some players to play more or spend more, etc. etc. Just like they've been doing with every new character they've introduced so far.
  • someguy wrote:
    For those who don't know, this is the way most Japanese gatcha-style card-collecting games work (Rage of Bahamut, Reign of Dragons, Blood Brothers, etc.).

It's been suggested before but I doubt the devs would ever implement this. There are temporary event boosts to buff characters.

If D3P ever wants there to be a higher level Venom, they'll just add another version (Venom Classic or Venom Modern or whatever). If that new version is a decently powerful card with rarity of 2-star or higher, D3P will be able to put it in limited edition heroic tokens, use it to encourage some players to play more or spend more, etc. etc. Just like they've been doing with every new character they've introduced so far.

those card games are grindfests and extremely pay to win and luck based...i'm glad this game isnt like that