Trying to reach 45,000 pts for Daken. Currently at 35,000.

Is it possible to do so in the next three days? I have never tried to reach the top, but I have never been this close either. Is it realistic?

Comments

• At the current rate it should be possible but it all depend on the dev at this point. There is really no way to tell. They can just change the point value again so that no one can get it.
  • JD Geek
    JD Geek Posts: 80
    Ah. Good point. I had seen posts about that, but being newer I hadn't really thought about it. Thanks for the info.
  • Players will start hitting 45,000 points on this last refresh of the current subs.

It looks like there is one more sub at 36h and then a 24h final round on the main map, given current sub timing. Also, if you are playing this final refresh on the current subs, the bonus nodes in Washington are sure to open and the nodes in Hell's Kitchen might open in the last hour or so, granting bonus points for this sub.

I would say that 10k is still probably quite feasible to get with two more rounds yet to play.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Yeah, I'd say that hitting 45K from a current score of 35K is most definitely possible. If you play at the same pace, I'd go as far as to say that it'll be easy (as long as your scaling isn't crazy.)
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    If this last set is another non-rubberbanding one with only a 25% increase in points, it'll probably be doable, but will probably involve hitting every single refresh, maybe even taking some of them down to 1 point

Assuming there isn't rubberbanded main nodes, if there are, then it should be easily doable
  • You basically have 3 scenarios:

1. Optimist - Main nodes that rubberband from overall leader. Would probably be pretty easy since some people might be close to 50K by the time the current sub event ends.
    2. Neutral - Sub events with rubberbanding. Getting 10K will depend on how favorable the rubberband is.
    3. Pessimist - Sub events without rubberbanding. Getting 10K isn't happening unless you suddenly grinded like crazy.
  • Phantron wrote:
    You basically have 3 scenarios:

1. Optimist - Main nodes that rubberband from overall leader. Would probably be pretty easy since some people might be close to 50K by the time the current sub event ends.
    2. Neutral - Sub events with rubberbanding. Getting 10K will depend on how favorable the rubberband is.
    3. Pessimist - Sub events without rubberbanding. Getting 10K isn't happening unless you suddenly grinded like crazy.

There is a 4th scenario:
    4. Defeatist - Main nodes without rubberbanding. D3 decide to tinykitten you, you have to grind hard to get the last 10k but as you grind the game become impossible due to scaling. You know that there is no way of achieving 45K and just accept the fact you just got destroy.
  • JD Geek
    5. Got to 40,000. Newest event is scaled so if I could beat the nodes I would easily get the 5k remaining. Can barely hit three of the nodes without dying though. Not sure I will make it. The 400 pt nodes are just teasing me. icon_e_sad.gif
  • JD Geek wrote:
    5. Got to 40,000. Newest event is scaled so if I could beat the nodes I would easily get the 5k remaining. Can barely hit three of the nodes without dying though. Not sure I will make it. The 400 pt nodes are just teasing me. icon_e_sad.gif

If you get past the 3 gatekeeper nodes then the ones behind them are easy. Boost and get by them.
  • Started this last sub with 38k, now with 42k. Unless scaling really kicks in next refresh I think I can manage.
  • The two easier paths are under level 100 even if your scaling is at 395 elsewhere. They're worth like 100-120 points, which isn't much but every bit helps.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron, can I just state that your levels may not be indicative of everyone elses levels?
    People still have to beat the "guardian" node before entering into those trees. Which are scaled quite high for some reason.
  • JD Geek
    Made it! Boosted every fight, but made it to free daken!
  • Twysta wrote:
    Phantron, can I just state that your levels may not be indicative of everyone elses levels?
    People still have to beat the "guardian" node before entering into those trees. Which are scaled quite high for some reason.

What I mean is if you beat the gatekeeper node you get nodes that are 100 or lower on the two different paths. The guardian themselves are level 395 for me and I'm quite aware that people may have a hard time beating them at all, but it gets considerably easier after you beat it.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah that's a fair point.
    I don't understand why the guardian nodes themselves are so high though, almost defeats the purpose of progression?

But yes, at least it doesn't carry on like that!
  • Twysta wrote:
    I don't understand why the guardian nodes themselves are so high though, almost defeats the purpose of progression?

They probably just forgot to cap the level of the guardian in the same way as whatever they're guarding. it's pretty crazy to see a level 45 node after a level 395 gatekeeper, and sure my scaling is crazier than other people's, but the same idea still holds for others.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

They probably just forgot to cap the level of the guardian in the same way as whatever they're guarding. it's pretty crazy to see a level 45 node after a level 395 gatekeeper, and sure my scaling is crazier than other people's, but the same idea still holds for others.

Yep. My falc-verine level is 124. The node they're blocking is 43. And that's after clearing the falcon one once, and the one after it like 4 times.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

Remember, this is a dark avenger campaign.
    We are used to battling against the bad guy who will put weak worthless pawn up in front as shield and cannon folder.

Now we are the bad guy and it only make sense if the good guys will put their strongest hero up in front to protect the weak.