Dark Avengers tourney aka Rag/Daken/Bullseye tourney

Comments

• Boom. 2nd place. Thanks Reremnu for taking one for the team.

Actually easier than I predicted without Rags, but I think it's just becuase EU time.
  • Sooty wrote:
    JohnduBois wrote:
    Sooty wrote:
    This is hilarious... noone wants to attack me and I'm at #1 icon_e_sad.gif
    Yeah, I just went up from #2 to #1 during this work meeting. Might need to use yielding strategies in not too long...

I doubt it'll be necessary. I have a better strategy to get the #2 prize that doesn't involve risking dropping to #3.
    It was. The other top spot and I each yielded at least 25 points in a race down to 2nd. I lost.
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    Sooty wrote:
    JohnduBois wrote:
    Sooty wrote:
    This is hilarious... noone wants to attack me and I'm at #1 icon_e_sad.gif
    Yeah, I just went up from #2 to #1 during this work meeting. Might need to use yielding strategies in not too long...

I doubt it'll be necessary. I have a better strategy to get the #2 prize that doesn't involve risking dropping to #3.
    It was. The other top spot and I each yielded at least 25 points in a race down to 2nd. I lost.

What I meant is I decided not to risk dropping to 3rd place. Instead I'm trying the method of asking nicely via the feedback form for them to replace my IW cover with spidey covers. Hopefully they'll be kind to me :3
  • I'm hopeful that there will be an inevitable 4-star buff, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    I was in a bracket where nobody wanted first. People were doing some fancy math to pop up to first and yield down to second. At one point the top 3 were one point apart from each other. Ranzera was way out in front so I thought he was going for 1st but in the last minutes he dropped like 100pts' to put me in the lead and then up to 1 ahead of me. Figured it would be a last minute yield game of chicken so got some yields ready. I lost bullseye to tanking games for yield points so subbed in venom and got attacked at the end. Had to win a fight to ensure top 5. The way people were yielding I was worried I should have waited it out but it worked out. 2pt stuns are finally mine! Too crazy an ending.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Managed to tank my rating from 800 to 600 in an hour and took advantage of a late comer wanting IW to easily get second. Great success!

ETA: sorry about that Greggray24 icon_e_smile.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tiniest of all kitties, I did it hear the alarm and didn't wake up in time to yield. Even ignoring how IW is an insult onto herself, only getting 100 HP is criminal, since even if you sold the covers, you'd get more from a top 5 finish instead icon_evil.gif
  • Somehow managed to land #2. There was one person in my bracket who seemed to want to be #1 (other than Bainee, who I think landed in the top 5; I only briefly saw him above me) so good for him.

I had a matchup w/ another top player in my bracket, who had a better team than mine. I started a match against him w/ 2 mins left and I think it may have squeeked in under the finish -- the event was closed when I completed (with only my Venom left alive, and that at about 200 health). I was #2 before I started the match though (he was #3 with about 10 points less), so who knows.

Spidey is now 2/4/4! Woot! Dunno that I'll be able to pull off another 2nd place finish to complete him though.
  • I'm pretty sure the other two in my bracket vying with me for #2 were coordinating their efforts. They ended tied for 1st and second after being tied a few other times while moving up *and* down in score. 4th place was way behind and not moving. I'm happy with 3rd, but would've liked that purple.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the other two in my bracket vying with me for #2 were coordinating their efforts. They ended tied for 1st and second after being tied a few other times while moving up *and* down in score. 4th place was way behind and not moving. I'm happy with 3rd, but would've liked that purple.
    i didnt know that was u in my bracket lol....ye i got 2nd
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2013
    Somehow I managed to get 5th with a level 29 daken, level 16 moonstone, level 15 rag. I guess my bracket was really easy, although I'm not sure if I really wanted the spidey covers at this point in time. My best character right now is a level 30 capped thor, and I could have had 8 cover wolverine to carry my team as opposed to the 5 covers i have now. From what I've seen, spidey covers are really rare/hard to get, so the 2 covers I won will probably be sitting benched for a very long time.
  • Yes, I won!

I'm sorry No1 dude you just couldn't keep up. Better luck next time.

I had to use 3 health packs so my team could yield 3 more times, but in the end it was worth it, to win the 2nd place.

Better luck next time, maybe level your team a bit, so you could be the one to quickly surrender to your opponents in the next tourney. I know it's hard but with a little practice the retreat - retreat - yield routine will get into your blood too!
  • Spoit
    edited December 2013
    I'm especially kitty incensed because I spent actual money upgrading to be (too) competitive. Sure shows me how stupid that was.
  • I was 100 ahead with 30 minutes to go so I stopped and figured I'll take IW for the hunt missions.

In the end I dropped perfectly into second with the last loss with a minute to go. icon_e_biggrin.gif That last minute was scary because you can't do a quick battle to move up, just yield to move down.

And we get to do this all over again!
  • Just remember how lucky you guys are to have good DA teams. All I have is a level 51 Daken and an 18 Ragnarok...picked up and levelled a 15 Venombecause it's all I could get (thanks to The Hunt for giving me standard packs and iso). I ended up 12, getting all the Wolvie covers I don't need. Blah.
  • Spoit
    Honestly, even though I have absolutely no use for a kitty yellow spidey, I'd rather have had it than this insult of a 4*
  • just woke up to a top 5 finish. was hoping for 2 but i'll take a blue spidey to max out my spidey, now at 4/5/3. need one purple but the aggravation of aiming for 2, i'll probably just aim for 1 the next tourney.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Went to bed in first, woke up in...first. Only got attacked twice. And plenty of stronger teams than mine out there (I was at over 1000 points), which shows how little interest there was in first place.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    forgrim wrote:
    just woke up to a top 5 finish. was hoping for 2 but i'll take a blue spidey to max out my spidey, now at 4/5/3. need one purple but the aggravation of aiming for 2, i'll probably just aim for 1 the next tourney.
    The sad thing is that I've sold 3 purples so far, all of which came from a standard token. It's really the only one ever seen from packs besides a single yellow.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Managed to tank my rating from 800 to 600 in an hour and took advantage of a late comer wanting IW to easily get second. Great success!

ETA: sorry about that Greggray24 icon_e_smile.gif

Was there really someone wanting IW? With 3 mins left it did not look that way. I was in a game for 9pts (figured that would keep me in top 5 but not put me in first) so missed the ending.

No worries about the tactics - I am very happy with top 5 - especially considering I went into the tournament with at 28 Rags (2/1), 40 Daken, and 20 Bullseye. Came out with 38 Rags (2/2), 53 Daken, 30 Bullseye and a lot less ISO & HP (used my saved HP for a Rags cover). Either way - it was a much weaker team than most out there. Suspect if people were fighting for the top prize I would never have been able to get top 5. Took some serious skipping and pacing myself to not get too high and draw attacks while staying in striking range. Now my 2/4/3 Spider-Man is 3/5/3. 2pt stuns should be a game changer (I know 3pt ones where)! Oh, and please delete that nerf 2pt abilities thread until I've used my first one for a while - was hard to get!