Marvel Heroes

Options
Anyone playing? I just recently started again preparing for the Carol rework.

I have 60 Ms Marvel, Jean Grey, and Scarlet Witch.

Fun game, constantly with new stuff being added. Unfortunately it's always buggy (their testing and QA is extremely poor).

Comments

• 265 hours logged according to Steam. Been playing pretty consistently since closed beta. I mostly use the game as mindless fun while I listen to podcasts. I also tend to grind out the first repeatable in MPQ while I do so. I've gained a lot of money over time doing that.

Got a level 60 Storm, Cyclops, and Colossus. Currently working on completing lots of legendary quests and casually leveling up Scarlet Witch. Good break from the terminals I usually spend my time on.

It's astounding how much the game and changed and improved since launch. Still plenty of room for growth and the memory leaks are getting really annoying, but the game is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was six months ago.
  • I heard this game had really severe PTW syndrome and it totally sucked unless you started paying immediately for better characters. icon_e_sad.gif I avoided the game like the plague since then.

Is it any better now??
  • That has never been the case. Storm and Scarlet Witch (two of the starter characters) have been consistently good during almost every patch since the game came out. Scarlet Witch is one of the top 5 heroes in the game for almost it's entirety. She had a lull for a few patches, but she is quite dominant. I'd stop listening to whoever your sources are. They potentially cost you months of enjoyment.
  • I played this in beta, it was excellent then, because you just knew that once it went out of beta, huge changes were to be expected!
    Shame it didn't work out that way, I stopped playing awhile after it went live. Will go back at some point to test it out again, though.
  • The game has changed a ton since open, but I'm just having trouble keeping my interest in it up. Haven't played for 3 weeks now.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Downloaded it as something to play with my g/f, who's a pretty casual gamer

By the time we got to about level 25, I noticed she'd been just dumping everything into her travel power
    I thought about commenting on it, but since she was one-shotting everything everything with it anyways i just closed my mouth
    then she asked if we could stop playing b/c it was too mindnumbingly easy

Pretty much sums up the game tbh icon_e_sad.gif
  • I've been contemplating trying this game out again. I haven't played since Beta, which at the time I was pretty indifferent.

I've heard there's been quite a few changes since then, most of which seems to be positive.

My main hesitation is the data usage just to download the damn thing. I really hate the internet services here.
  • Ultimate pack founder and I got the advance pack, some of the best purchases I made for a game.... also my most expensive lol

I can't wait for Invisible Woman next month. I'm hoping Dr. Strange is good. 2 of my favorite characters icon_e_smile.gif

I'm mostly playing as Spider-man, I wish they would add a few more skills or change the way they are so he could be better, changing the dodging mechanics really hurt all the dodge characters.

They need to put it back to the way it was with it but just don't allow us to get up to 75% dodge icon_razz.gif
  • Upcoming preview of Marvel Heroes.

http://i.imgur.com/lO3hfnc.jpg

Exciting, I love to get Shuri, I wish their costumes weren't so expensive.

The things in the picture to take notice is Unique Rings, Spider-man Team up character and the 20 extra inventory slots.
  • Spider-man Back in Black costume is only for this weekend for 1250 Gs and it's enhanced with Christopher Daniel Barnes doing the voice icon_e_biggrin.gif So if you missed out on the ultimate pack's costume, this is a good deal if you just want the black costume and don't care if it's symbiote or not.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    how's the difficulty these days?
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Played in beta got bored quickly.

Would try it now but the one character I want to play as is a non playable quest NPC: Adam Warlock
  • Puritas wrote:

The end game stuff is hard, cosmic terminals require a team to beat them and a good one. Raids will becoming soon also. Bovenhiem is just hell without a proper team. Too many cowwssss!

Dr Strange is awesome, I got him to 60 in under 5 hours haha I was just addicted to playing as him.

I went Astral Projection build, it's fun getting all of those out and having tons of spirit to keep them out and have the Bolts of Bathalakk and just wipe every mob out on the screen.

His ultimate is the Zom possession from World War Hulk, it's pretty badass cause he also gets 100% spirit reduction so all skills are free to spam!

I used the All Seeing Eye of Agamotto with the astral projections and just wipe all the bosses out with his ultimate.

The game from when it first launched was pretty ****, but the game is 100% better and I will compare it with how much fun I had while playing Diablo 2.
  • OOO! They just released Taskmaster and he's cheap too, I got him with splinters for free.

He is a mix of Hawkeye, Spider-man, Captain America and Daredevil. I'm using a cap/hawkeye combo with him, pretty fun character just cause of the mix of skills.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just tried Marvel Heroes since somebody suggested it on another thread here. I began with Punisher and got him to level 9 with my first run. And I had tons of fun even with such a one-dimensional guy like Frank Castle! I most definitely will not join any alliance/team/whatever in Marvel Heroes because I don't want same kind of pressure as MPQ lays on you when it comes to alliances. But as an casual Diablo-clone... feels and seems just great. I think I'm going to redirect my MPQ funding to Marvel Heroes from now on.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Puritas wrote:

The end game stuff is hard, cosmic terminals require a team to beat them and a good one. Raids will becoming soon also. Bovenhiem is just hell without a proper team. Too many cowwssss!

Dr Strange is awesome, I got him to 60 in under 5 hours haha I was just addicted to playing as him.

I went Astral Projection build, it's fun getting all of those out and having tons of spirit to keep them out and have the Bolts of Bathalakk and just wipe every mob out on the screen.

His ultimate is the Zom possession from World War Hulk, it's pretty badass cause he also gets 100% spirit reduction so all skills are free to spam!

I used the All Seeing Eye of Agamotto with the astral projections and just wipe all the bosses out with his ultimate.

The game from when it first launched was pretty ****, but the game is 100% better and I will compare it with how much fun I had while playing Diablo 2.

Is it really that better now? I played it on release and it felt really really clunky. Like a **** version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

I felt like the idea was great but really couldn't get into the game. If they really improved it I might give it another shot.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    Is it really that better now? I played it on release and it felt really really clunky. Like a **** version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

I felt like the idea was great but really couldn't get into the game. If they really improved it I might give it another shot.

I have no clue what it was like at the launch since I just began playing (I'm currently at Chapter 4 with my first character). But it feels like a solid Diablo 2, no bugs or complaints so far. I like it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ariakos wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

I have no clue what it was like at the launch since I just began playing (I'm currently at Chapter 4 with my first character). But it feels like a solid Diablo 2, no bugs or complaints so far. I like it.

I'm trying it out again and I'm really liking it, though I'm also not far into the game.

Just a question for anyone who knows about the game, what do you do with items? Sell them, donate them or what? I've been donating them to Antman because it looks like the most useful one there and I'm not really using credits for anything.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    Just a question for anyone who knows about the game, what do you do with items? Sell them, donate them or what? I've been donating them to Antman because it looks like the most useful one there and I'm not really using credits for anything.

Worthless junk (up to and including purples you have no immediate use for) go to crafter donation to raise crafting ranks and get access to better recipes.
    Concentrate foremost on the general crafter (i.e. Antman, Forge and Reed Richards) and the Asgardian Enchanter.

Cosmics are good to keep, also if they're drops for characters you don't have (yet), but when they are not at lvl 60, then they are next in line for donation.
    Generally speaking, Uniques and Artifacts are banked. Duplicates of poorer ones (or poorer ones in general) can be donated.

Good costume cores (e.g. with health leech or regen or those raising 2 different synergistic primary stats) are banked, others donated.
    Runes and relics are banked, period. Uru-forged items are so-so; I tend to keep 2 of each type in stock and sell-off the rest. It's the enchantments that really make those good...

You should not be selling until all your crafters have been maxed out, which will take a lot of donating. The game drops enough cash that you'll be swimming in it in no time anyway, because outside of the odd crafting upgrade, there's nothing really to buy.