Marvel: Agents of Shield

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
This has been a fairly good show, though it did have a slow start. Recent episodes have been quite good.

The new episode tonight looks like it will be another good one.

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good to hear!

My wife and I were looking for a new show to replace our Fringe Netflix binge. We gave lots of the new shows a shot, but unfortunately none were very interesting. Sleepy Hollow was fun, but I couldn't get past the wooden acting of the lead actress. Almost Human looked promising, but the plots were very predictable. My wife tuned out early on M:AoS, but I decided to stick until the Thor tie-in episode. I'll give it another try once the full season hits Hulu.
  • I've loved this show from the beginning but these last few episodes have been the best. A lot of people talk bad about the show because they thought Iron Man and Hulk were going to be making guest appearances every week... But I think they have some pretty solid characters that work well together. I'm definitely looking forward to tonight's episode with the aftermath from The Winter Solider. It should shake things up even more.
  • I watch this show with my kids; I like it pretty well, but they look forward to it every week. It's pretty good.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Sleepy Hollow was fun, but I couldn't get past the wooden acting of the lead actress..
    Hahaha so much this.
    Also sounds like you should be checking out US vers of Being Human
  • The last episode was great! "Turn, turn, turn"... If only I read the title before watching the show, that was one heck of a roller coaster ride. Loved the show, I watch it with my niece and nephew.
    I really hope Ward is a triple agent. Also I hope Victoria Hand isn't dead, I kinda like her on the show. Although I almost believed she was a part of Hydra because she seems to be working with Norman Osbourn in the MPQ story
  • The last episode was great! "Turn, turn, turn"... If only I read the title before watching the show, that was one heck of a roller coaster ride. Loved the show, I watch it with my niece and nephew.
    I really hope Ward is a triple agent. Also I hope Victoria Hand isn't dead, I kinda like her on the show. Although I almost believed she was a part of Hydra because she seems to be working with Norman Osbourn in the MPQ story

Oh gosh, I just watched that episode on Hulu. Almost got mental whiplash. Everything from
    Fitz picking up a gun and using it (despite his horror afterward)
    to
    Hudson (yeah, I know, his name isn't Hudson but the dude will always be a space marine from Aliens to me) being part of HYDRA
    was just awesome. But I think my fave part was when
    Ward is being beat on by the soldiers in the hallway, he sees the knife on the ground and gets this little triumphant smile before the scene cuts back to the closet.

I'm really enjoying the show.
  • dearbluey wrote:

That was amazing. It's great how the writers are developing the characters although if
    they're really going to stick with Ward being a double agent, his acting since the first episode wouldn't make sense, IMO.
    Also speaking of acting, it's nice to see a different emotion on May's face other than apathy. icon_lol.gif
  • dearbluey wrote:

That was amazing. It's great how the writers are developing the characters although if
    they're really going to stick with Ward being a double agent, his acting since the first episode wouldn't make sense, IMO.
    Also speaking of acting, it's nice to see a different emotion on May's face other than apathy. icon_lol.gif

In response to the hidden part of your post:
    The actor was really happy they hadn't told him earlier because he knows he would have played it too far the other way. I think it works, but I'm hoping he is a triple agent as well, or whatever you'd call that.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Last nights episode was another good one. The last two have been great, it's a shame that the show was basically held hostage by the Winter Soldier. But, better late than never and the rest of this season should be quite fun!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is it me or was the last episode a bit slow? I don't know, I feel like I could watch the next episode and I probably wouldn't have missed anything.
    I hated the part where Skye was forced to remove the encryption on the hard drive in exchange for Ward's life. It felt like it was straight from a playbook of series. I'm guessing that they'll use this as Ward's reason to return to the good side. I did enjoy, however, that Cobie Smulders is in this episode. I loved her as Robin in How I Met Your Mother. It's funny to imagine that Robin is just a cover for Maria Hill.

Do you guys think ABC will renew for a second season?
  • Unknown
    Options

I really hope so!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm hoping so, as well. I think this show has had ups and downs, but is definitely hitting it's stride. There is a lot of potential here.
  • Unknown
    Options
    COULSON on radio: Skye, Trip. Get ready for a large file transfer.
    SKYE: How large?
    A big file cabinet falls off a window from the Cybertek building.
    Laughed more than I should have with this scene.
  • dijidiji
    dijidiji Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options

They almost certainly will. Remember, ABC and Marvel are both under the Disney umbrella, so ABC gets licensing discounts for keeping it in the family. Additionally, Agent Carter seems likely to make it onto the schedule, either this year or next.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It was renewed for a second season
  • Unknown
    Options
    So glad this was officially renewed. The show was lots of fun this season.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was renewed for a second season

And if hints from the first are anything to go on, then the second season will be shaping up to have some very inhuman surprises in it. icon_e_wink.gif