Roster question for Prodigal Son

how come in many events we are limited with characters we can use with no rhyme or reason, but in this event, which is clearly a dark avengers event, we are able to use the entirety of our rosters? wouldn't it have made sense to limit us to just the dark avengers? also, not that it matters a whole lot other than continuiuty, shouldn't venom have been buffed? he was the only DA not buffed?

Comments

• They've only really limited rosters in heroic events and the occasional restricted PVP (which they don't do anymore).
  • Personally I am limiting my self to DA's (and ocationally the Hulk).
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    dragma wrote:
    Personally I am limiting my self to DA's (and ocationally the Hulk).

Yea I am currently only using the Dark Avengers. Well last sub I also used the Hood. Did not feel right using him to kill Maggias but its ok for him to kill some mutants.

I would love a Heroic version of this event limiting it to only the thematic characters.
  • kevind722 wrote:
    how come in many events we are limited with characters we can use with no rhyme or reason, but in this event, which is clearly a dark avengers event, we are able to use the entirety of our rosters? wouldn't it have made sense to limit us to just the dark avengers? also, not that it matters a whole lot other than continuiuty, shouldn't venom have been buffed? he was the only DA not buffed?

people tend to kind of like being forced to use different teams in heroic events, but not enough people have good enough rosters to play a DA PVE if they could only use villians, so they just boost the DA. They showed that about 50% more people played a pvp with jsut a featured character vs the DA PVP. which i kinda miss because i actually have a DA roster now and it is kinda fun to play those games.

they want to get you to spend money, but not discourage you so much that you quit.
  • The DA lineup is simply not very strong. If you're forced to only use them, I'm guessing most enemies won't even get past level 100, and even then it'd still be pretty hard for most people to beat them.
  • Although I still expected the event to not limit the rosters, I would have liked it if they did. More realistic story, variety on teams and stuff. Unfortunately I don't have many decently leveled DA's(Other than a level 80 Ares) so I can't play using only them, but I'm limiting myself to heroes that are not from the Avengers/X-men for the sake of the storyline.
    +)It's Prodigal Sun.
  • Eyris6
    Eyris6 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    DA-only was really only a problem against the Maggia, with the effing cooldown tiles everywhere. I started the event with a 69 2* Daken, 30 Ares, 30 Moonstone, 15 3* Daken, and now have a 65 Ares. Non-required nodes I use the 2* Daken, required ones I sub in the 3* (useless) Daken. Even just buffed to 70, Moonstone's red is a better single target nuke than Ares's red, her purple is a decent nuke if you catch them with no cooldowns out, or if you need to swap a cooldown tile (sometimes you have to gamble).
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Peacemaker wrote:
    Although I still expected the event to not limit the rosters, I would have liked it if they did. More realistic story, variety on teams and stuff. Unfortunately I don't have many decently leveled DA's(Other than a level 80 Ares) so I can't play using only them, but I'm limiting myself to heroes that are not from the Avengers/X-men for the sake of the storyline.
    +)It's Prodigal Sun.

I'm glad that they forced us to use DA characters only. Cos I don't think my DA can go up toe-to-toe with Level 150+ Lthor, BP and Hulk. I am sure to be decimated.