VOLUNTEER SPAM POLICE

Options
Has anyone else notices that the SPAM postings have EXPLODED here in the forums?!?

Hey mods,

Is there a way that you can set up a group of people with the power to delete and block the Spambots? I for one, would volunteer in a heart beat. Those post are annoying as hell. You guys/gals have enough to do. We don't have to be mods, just give us the power to kick the **** of these Spambots that are invading us.

I'm sure there are plenty of more people who would volunteer to help you guys keep the SPAM down too.

Plus, if creating this group of "SPAM Police" is possible, I want my forum name changed to Spaminator. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    The owners of this forum don't care, so why should we?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Curious that the spam increased after we got mods.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2014
    Options

Maybe more curious that the spam increased after one of the active mods retired? Or maybe not curious at all.

p.S. Ihearthawks, I am sure you were goofing around icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:

I actually enjoy the forums, despite the fact that D3 obviously has very little interest here anymore. I have learned so much from everyone here. My game play is significantly better because of the forum, also despite the fact that D3/Demiurge has kittied up a lot of stuff in the last month. So I take pride in the fact that I can answer questions to help new comers and raise a little hell here and there. icon_lol.gif
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:

I actually enjoy the forums, despite the fact that D3 obviously has very little interest here anymore. I have learned so much from everyone here. My game play is significantly better because of the forum, also despite the fact that D3/Demiurge has kittied up a lot of stuff in the last month. So I take pride in the fact that I can answer questions to help new comers and raise a little hell here and there. icon_lol.gif

I think you would make a good Mod, gogo apply now, strike while the iron is hot brother.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Clintman wrote:

Maybe more curious that the spam increased after one of the active mods retired? Or maybe not curious at all.

p.S. Ihearthawks, I am sure you were goofing around icon_e_smile.gif

Agreed. To both of your points. At least I hope ihearthawks was goofing. icon_neutral.gificon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Clintman wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

I think you would make a good Mod, gogo apply now, strike while the iron is hot brother.

If I knew how, I'd be all over it. . .
  • Unknown
    Options
    Clintman wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

Just pm ICEIX
  • Unknown
    Options
    Clintman wrote:

It's because we have no mods who are online EU morning time.

We suggested some people, but yeah, we were ignored.
  • Unknown
    Options

Just pm ICEIX

I'll try that. But after the ruckus I stirred up this week, I doubt I will even get a response. icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Done...

Now I'll just be anxiously waiting by my computer like a soon to be college kid waiting on his letter from his school of choice.

Hopefully I'll get the congratulations letter, and not the "Dear Sir, we regret to inform you..." icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My modem was deemed unworthy by Comcast, and had to go get a new one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My modem was deemed unworthy by Comcast, and had to go get a new one.

You have Comcast. icon_neutral.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_e_confused.gif ~Spits on the ground. ptew ptew!~

They are terrible here in Chicago. Their internet speeds are awesome, but they are super pricy unless you can manage to catch a sale or know someone. And their Customer Service dept... don't get me started. I switched to ATT u-verse. Lower speed, but a 3rd of the cost and GREAT customer service.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Maybe I should start a Campaign.

~taps microphone~

"My fellow forumites, I stand here today to announce my candidacy for Moderator. ~Pause for applause~

As your moderator, I will obliterate the SPAM forums and keep the trolls in their cages. ~Another pause~

Just like the President of the US, I will be the "Change you can believe in".

obama.jpg

HA HA HA HA HA HA