I'm not having fun anymore.

Options
Hey all,

I don't think anything I've posted up to this point has been just a straight up whine, I usually try to say something constructive or keep my mouth shut. But this is, fair warning, pretty much a straight up whine.

Recently, this game got really un-fun for me. I've been playing since near launch, have a 40 character roster including 2 maxed 3-stars (Patch and Punisher) and a handful of other fully-or-mostly covered 100+ chars. There's not a single 2-star cover I need, nor have I for some time now. All of this to say I'm not a rookie, and I've put in my time. This game just took a sharp hard turn to too hard to be fun though. Prodigal Sun's enemy levels are insanely high, several super high level fights needing my 0/1/1 Daken to take a spot. Fighting those nodes is a chore, not a game.

So hey, maybe I'll just focus on some PvP events, but what the? Since when do I need a score of 800+ just to crack the top 50? And in Fresh Cut I'm seeing almost nothing but max level teams that force me to burn health packs after just a few fights. This is 2 PvPs in a row for me where I'm putting in huge time against brutal fight after brutal fight and walking away with a 2-star cover for my trouble.

I may have been too reliant on Spidey before his nerf, but I really did try to work on building a somewhat diverse at least moderately high level 3-star roster. Now I feel like I'm effectively banished from being viable in this game and will just slip further and further behind. Nice reward for the time Ive put in for months.

When I started playing, I liked that I could play at a casual pace or put in more time and either would be fine. Now I find that huge amounts of time and punishment are needed just to not keep up. I'm not ready to quit yet, but I'm so much closer than I was just a week or two ago.

Well, that's my rant. If you read it, thanks for bearing with me. Just needed to vent somewhere that people would understand just **** I'm talking about.

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    You provided a great voice to the way I feel as well. I have a max Frank, C.Mag and most of my 3* not named Patch/LThor/LDaken/BP are fully covered. But I barely played Fresh Cut, and actually didnt even fully clear the first two subs of the PVE. Its just not a fun game anymore. Struggling against 3x 141s from <100 is insane, particularly when they intentionally destroyed the best way to heal for a F2P person. I refuse to pay for health packs, and with the push to get $ for expendables Im easily on my way out....with only regrets for the direction the game has gone the past month plus.
  • trey9
    trey9 Posts: 102
    Options
    You guys pretty much said it. The worst part for me is the pvp bracketing change. I used to love playing pvp. Thought it was a lot of fun. Not anymore, not even remotely fun. 141's everywhere. Getting randomly smacked for 40+ points. Needing 1000+ points for top ten on average. It just sucks in every way. And it seems like they have gotten rid of/severely reduced the effectiveness of rubberbanding in pve so everything is a total grindfest. The devs really need to rethink what they are doing in my opinion. A lot of players left after season one and I have a feeling a lot more are going to continue leaving unless they change some things for the better (that would be a nice change of pace as pretty much all recent changes have been for the worse).
  • Unknown
    Options
    My feelings exactly, I'm out. The time and money invested is not paying off in enjoyment anymore.
    They'll be missing out on my monthly buy of a 2900 hp pack but it seems they are fine with killing their "middle class" and just squeeze their last competitive whales for everything they can and reel in new players for some small time buys. Looking forward to having all those hours per day back and kind of glad D3 or whoever makes the monetarization decisions made it so easy to leave this potentially fantastic long term game.

<edit>
    I have a roster of 38 and since I hadn't really started to play this game until March, I'm just now slowly getting closer to making the 2-3 star transition but then got totally blocked by the changes which made it nigh impossible to even get into top 50 for me, especially since I'm in a european time zone and getting up at 5 in the morning to play a mobile game makes only sense if it's really worth it. So I'm pretty much stalled no matter what effort I make apart from spending huge amount of cash to buy my way into three star land, which I'll obiviously won't do with devs making as wild decisions as in the recent weeks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is pretty much me at the moment. Very similar situation.

The fact that you now need about 1k to guarantee a 3* cover in PvP has killed it for me. I just don't have that level of time really.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Same here. Competitiveness has gotten to MMORPG poopsocking levels. When a game feels too much like working, then they're doing something wrong. I'm done.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Like I said in a different thread, sharding is the worst change they've made in this game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This post pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

I agree that the new bracketing system/sharding/"gentle push" has been the worst change. Changes to matchmaking are annoying but I'm still able to win matches and gain points with extra effort. However, all that extra effort is for naught since it's so difficult to place high enough to get decent rewards. I really hope the devs rethink the bracketing system, it's turning people off of PvP.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This post pretty much sums everybodys feelings right now, 2 members left our alliance, 3rd is thinking of doing the same and i only can see him doing it, and 4th is giving a chance until season 2 finishes... when games interfears with live it becomes too much for people to play. A month ago it was enough to have 600-700 pts and do well for a single *** cover, now it is debateable if 850+ will keep you in top50. I used to be top10 with that amount of points, now i only can hope of getting single cover. I have only 1 maxed *** and am constantly ending up with fully maxed teams from some 300 pts on, and while i am able to win those matches it takes forever and takes out the pleasure of playing. I sure hope something will finally change for the better or majority of players will end up quitting
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    On my alliance we already lost 3-4 members, and some of the older members that used to do a ton of points in everyevent are quite inactive, some of them are not playing at all anymore. With 2 events+ shield up on the S2, some of our members still got 0 poitns and are quite vocal that the game is not appealing to them anymore. Others are still willing to try and get top50 ranks, but as soon as they start a PvP event they face 141x3 and need to boost to get anything done and proceed to 3xhealth pack.

I've done shield hop for the first time since I play in the last 2 PvP events to get 1xthor and 1xdaken 3*. I usually got to top 10 grinding far less and using only a shield at the end of the event. Now I have to use 2-3 shields if I want to attempt a top50, yesterday after 3 shields and 876 points I almost got relegated from the top50. This is getting quite bad, I still have some hope that the devs see they are destroying the gaming experience for all the high lvl / mid lvl players.

Maybe we are not worth their attention, I usually spent money on my F2P games to support the game I like to play, I'm willing to pay for "reasonable" things, so they can keep going on with the game. But right now the rewards from events need an insane amount of time and HP (shields) to get, its not looking good for me. I'm eating all my HPs really fast, and as soon as I get to 0 I'm probably out, without HPs I can't get top50 and every other placement is useless for me as I can't progress with 2* anymore.

Well, I still have some HPs left and can shield on some more PvP events, I still hope they realize this is not going well for a lot of us.
  • Unknown
    Options
    +1 to everything everyone said. Once a game turns into a chore, something has gone wrong.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What did they even do to PvP bracketing, anyways? I can barely crack the top 50 anymore, but I don't really understand what changed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Muspel wrote:
    What did they even do to PvP bracketing, anyways? I can barely crack the top ten anymore, but I don't really understand what changed.

Brackets used to fill up by order of joining so it was mostly random who you ended up with. now it filters you into brackets by your experience
  • Unknown
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    Muspel wrote:
    What did they even do to PvP bracketing, anyways? I can barely crack the top ten anymore, but I don't really understand what changed.

Brackets used to fill up by order of joining so it was mostly random who you ended up with. now it filters you into brackets by your experience
    Ah. Thank you for the info.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Please post to: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7681
  • Mavericat
    Mavericat Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My favorite is playing for two hours straight, not losing any matches, and ending up with less points than when I started.

I love this game and I want to keep playing but it is becoming frustrating work more than a fun past time.