Request for formal dev response to common player complaints

Options
Not a whiny post, nor a rant, but a simple request that we collect up all of the common frequently heard complaints here on the forum, and officially band together in requesting a proper formal response to address the issues many of us are having. I'll start the list and will edit to add any others that people remind me I might have missed:
    Lack of clarification in-game of rubberbanding and scaling rules for each event, leaving players guessing and frustrated. Relentless overlapping events/seasons causing massive gamer burnout. Horrible mmr system leaving most players totally outclassed in pvp and unable to compete Lack of roster diversity in pvp (endless obw/thor/featured matches) No reward incentive to become stronger (new players have easy ride to top prizes)
Again this post isn't to complain and whine about these issues, but simply to say to the devs that we need you to at least acknowledge that these are issues that the majority of players have very strong opinions on. We're not asking much, no promise of a miracle fix, just a formal response to tell us that you understand the complaints, acknowledge their existence, and that you're planning something, anything, to resolve them.

The more replies (and maybe upvotes) this thread gets the more chance there is that we can get a response. If a mod could sticky it I'm sure that would help. Again we're not asking much, just give us some sign that you actually care at all about the players. A little communication at this point would go a long way.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    IceIX said once that even though they try to read all the forums, they tend to skip any requests and IIRC polls.

Just FYI.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It is enough that they do read the forums. There is no way you can expect them to be beholden to answering to player rage, hell I can hardly stand reading some of the rants on the threads and I am not a Developer.

Granted many of us are not happy with the direction the game appears to be going, but it is their game and it's success is dependent on the decisions they make.

Some of these complaints are valid, many are based on preference and all of them are valid in their own right. The Devs have to flex their resources to the area that will give the most benefit, be it profit or quality of life for the players. Ultimately we are stakeholders but we have no direct say in the vision of the game. So expecting the developers to be beholden to us, and submit to public flogging every time they screw up, or we perceive they screw up is unrealistic.

With all of this being said, they need to keep a pulse on the playerbase, and this is the only place they can get it, there is no real feedback available from the app with the exception of profit metrics.

I guess the final thought of this whole stream of consciousness post is that if you want things to change, try to provide solutions to problems you perceive and be ready to accept that they are more than likely not going to implement them, but at least if you provide a solution to the problem you are presenting it will be interpreted with more regard than screaming FIX IT!!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Clintman wrote:
    It is enough that they do read the forums. There is no way you can expect them to be beholden to answering to player rage, hell I can hardly stand reading some of the rants on the threads and I am not a Developer.

Granted many of us are not happy with the direction the game appears to be going, but it is their game and it's success is dependent on the decisions they make.

Some of these complaints are valid, many are based on preference and all of them are valid in their own right. The Devs have to flex their resources to the area that will give the most benefit, be it profit or quality of life for the players. Ultimately we are stakeholders but we have no direct say in the vision of the game. So expecting the developers to be beholden to us, and submit to public flogging every time they screw up, or we perceive they screw up is unrealistic.

With all of this being said, they need to keep a pulse on the playerbase, and this is the only place they can get it, there is no real feedback available from the app with the exception of profit metrics.

I guess the final thought of this whole stream of consciousness post is that if you want things to change, try to provide solutions to problems you perceive and be ready to accept that they are more than likely not going to implement them, but at least if you provide a solution to the problem you are presenting it will be interpreted with more regard than screaming FIX IT!!!

You're right, but I just feel like the lack of communication on some of these recurring complaints is the thing that's causing the most rage. There are so many threads and posts full of rage and insults, but they request changes that as you rightly say are totally unrealistic for the devs to even consider implementing. There is far too much on the forum for the devs to even keep track of let alone reply to, which is why I was hoping to make their lives easier by creating just one consolidated thread that highlights the key concerns in easily manageable points, where they could make a statement addressing them and quell a lot of fan rage. Like I said this isn't a request for a fix, just something to let us know that our key concerns are at the very least recognised. Does that seem unfair to ask?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Best way to get their attention is to stop fattening their wallets.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mechgouki wrote:
    Best way to get their attention is to stop fattening their wallets.

Also unrealistic though. Even if everyone read this thread and agreed to not spend any money until we had recieved a statement from the devs, they would hardly notice. In an ideal world this would work, but there's just too many players spending money who aren't on the forum. It simply wouldn't make enough of a difference.