Dark Avengers tourney aka Rag/Daken/Bullseye tourney

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been skipping rags over lvl 50, but TBH, daken has been more annoying for me this tourney
  • A high level Daken can be a nightmare because of the regen and the annoying passives.

Hence why I run a Daken/Bullseye team. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • I have 2 thunderclaps with daken's name on it.
  • I want to pump some ISO in my Dakken to keep attackers off a bit. I wish they would leave me alone and let me sit in 1st spot. Lmao. Just don't know how much I would use him once tourneys done.

And to every1 getting burnt on the tokens. Just hang in there and don't give up hope. I have got top 400 every single hunt got tokens. Even bought like 3. Nothing but third and hawkeye all tourney. I've had enough of both since this game started to max each 2-3 times if I wanted but I just don't like keeping doubles. On the other hand I would love to pull a blue spidey or green grey suit. Well finally today after who knows how many tokens a black loki from a standard direct follow by a blue spidey! My 1st blue spidey finally. So keep your hopes up and eventually you gonna get something good too!
  • Zathrus just attacked me and I didn't get the option to retaliate. Or maybe it was his brother Zathrus...
  • Looks like I'm in the battle for second again. It is funny how low the scores are in my bracket as nobody wants to be in first. First is 458 and I'm in second with 396. I will probably win a few more but don't want to get too close since last time I ended up in first at the end by mistake but managed to lose my way to 3ed. Invested the HP I had saved on getting Rags from 2/1 to 2/2 and level 38. Hopefully that does some good on defense. Would love a few more red covers but all out of HP and not going to pay $20 for two more covers (and $10 does not even get you enough for 1).

My Spidey is 2/4/3 so top 5 would be great for me - really want that final blue cover (I may be nuts to do it this way - could have just bought the blue and left Rags at 2/1 but where is the fun in that? icon_e_smile.gif ). There is no decision regarding bringing yellow to 3 but if I get a purple cover I'm not sure if I'd use it or not. I have 3 there already. Before the change it was an obvious 5/5/3 but now I think 3/5/5 may be the best build - sure wish I didn't sell the purple spidey I pulled.
  • I really need a blue Spidey so I am trying hovering around 500-600 with a few other people. Its going to be interesting to see if anyone breaks away at the front...
  • Just pulled a Godlike Power from my 250 coin. 2 to go icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Misguided wrote:
    Zathrus just attacked me and I didn't get the option to retaliate. Or maybe it was his brother Zathrus...

Definitely my brother, that sneaky, underhanded son-of-a-gun.

That said, my attack on you popped me over 800, which is what I was aiming for. Plus Lightning tournaments started up that moment as well. Timing!

Feel free to knock me down some folks... I'm currently at 787, over 60 points ahead of #2, which is not where I want to be. Optimally I want to finish #2, but I'll take anything in the top 5.
  • are Zathrus and Zhathrus related
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    are Zathrus and Zhathrus related

Nope -- I've beaten him up some in tournaments. Specifically.

His spelling is even worse than mine (as per the script it's Zathras -- which is 1) always taken, 2) not how I spelled it unknowingly about 15 years ago).
  • Nemek wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    After reading comments I think that I am only person which aim for first place in this tournament. I am crazy icon_e_smile.gif

I'm shooting for 1st as well. Last tournament, I shot for 1st and got 2nd, then sold off 3 doom covers. From the other comments, I'm pretty sure that somehow makes me an awful person...

There's a guy in our bracket clearly aiming for 1st too. He's been more than 100 over everyone the whole time.

On another note I really hate Daken. I'm actually using boosts in this one because I can't stand how long these battles take. Rag really isn't that good without team wipe G. Widow and Crits Magneto.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    I don't think we'll see retaliations in this one so you should be fine with building up a lead before your flight.

I think you will see retaliations between people w/ high level Rags at the end of the tournament and/or once feeding off the people without him ends.

So far I got hit once and I see plenty of easy teams in the 600s.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zathrus wrote:
    I don't think we'll see retaliations in this one so you should be fine with building up a lead before your flight.

I think you will see retaliations between people w/ high level Rags at the end of the tournament and/or once feeding off the people without him ends.

So far I got hit once and I see plenty of easy teams in the 600s.
    They may be trying to tank. I went for the 800 progression award and am Waaaaaay to far ahead of #2 now. So if you see me above like 700, hit me please?
  • This has been an unusual one. I was attacked only once or twice that I remember the whole time, only when I first joined yesterday evening. Since then, I saw one defensive win today. I'm currently sitting in 2nd with 602 points, 1st 668 and not moving, 3rd around 500 with a bit of point churn there.
  • This is hilarious... noone wants to attack me and I'm at #1 icon_e_sad.gif
  • Same here Sooty - although I can see you in my list of match-ups if you're bored!
  • Sooty wrote:
    This is hilarious... noone wants to attack me and I'm at #1 icon_e_sad.gif
    Yeah, I just went up from #2 to #1 during this work meeting. Might need to use yielding strategies in not too long...
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    Sooty wrote:
    Yeah, I just went up from #2 to #1 during this work meeting. Might need to use yielding strategies in not too long...

I doubt it'll be necessary. I have a better strategy to get the #2 prize that doesn't involve risking dropping to #3.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sooty wrote:
    JohnduBois wrote:
    Sooty wrote:

I doubt it'll be necessary. I have a better strategy to get the #2 prize that doesn't involve risking dropping to #3.
    Just did it myself. Now I wait to see if I got second. Will shoot for IW second round.