**** Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D) ****

Comments

• I am not sure why anybody would buy fury covers yet, for many reasons, but even for a whale ...I just don't see the point if we don't know his other 2 abilities yet. There is a high chance his yellow ends up being useless...but it also could be the most dominant yellow in the game (though I doubt it). His blue might end up being the strongest.blue in the game after mag likely gets butched (dakan's blue is good, but fury's has a chance of being even better...and very scary on def). So I am mot sure why they would want to commit hp towards purp when 5/5/3 might end up the best build. Especially if you take into account the last few lvls only really affect the countdowntile for purp.
  • anyone else think that they will only be giving out fury covers for season rewards so we wont even be able to get 1/1/1 for 2 more months?
  • I am not sure why anybody would buy fury covers yet, for many reasons, but even for a whale ...I just don't see the point if we don't know his other 2 abilities yet. There is a high chance his yellow ends up being useless...but it also could be the most dominant yellow in the game (though I doubt it). His blue might end up being the strongest.blue in the game after mag likely gets butched (dakan's blue is good, but fury's has a chance of being even better...and very scary on def). So I am mot sure why they would want to commit hp towards purp when 5/5/3 might end up the best build. Especially if you take into account the last few lvls only really affect the countdowntile for purp.

Well, the yellow seems like it's going to require 5 of each other AP, which will be a pain on defense - the AI's never going to use that optimally, so I don't think 5 yellow will be an optimal build. It could be, depending on how powerful it is, but I don't think it will. That said, I don't think there's any harm in investing HP in 2 more purple covers to go 0/0/3 - I think it's a pretty safe bet that Fury is going to be the first truly powerful 4-star.
  • Pjoe0211 wrote:
    anyone else think that they will only be giving out fury covers for season rewards so we wont even be able to get 1/1/1 for 2 more months?

That'd make sense, because allowing him to be obtained in normal events is getting way less value than you can otherwise.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    anyone else think that they will only be giving out fury covers for season rewards so we wont even be able to get 1/1/1 for 2 more months?

That'd make sense, because allowing him to be obtained in normal events is getting way less value than you can otherwise.
    I can't see this new D3 actually giving out a 4* in the kind of numbers a new event release usually yields. At least, not unless they remove all the progression rewards from it. And change each nodes 4 rewards to 20/20/20/boost
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Pjoe0211 wrote:

I can't see this new D3 actually giving out a 4* in the kind of numbers a new event release usually yields. At least, not unless they remove all the progression rewards from it. And change each nodes 4 rewards to 20/20/20/boost

Well, I don't think we'll see Nick Fury as a 1300 reward, because you shouldn't have to spend more than 2500 HP in shields to get him, and yet if lazy Daken is any indication, it shouldn't be hard to find people spending 2500 HP for him. Yes, I don't necessarily know if he's better than Daken, but I think paying an extra 1250 HP premium per cover for Nick Fury is worth it especially if it turns out his availabilty is way lower even if the character isn't necessarily more powerful (but he probably will be).

I really don't see him as a reward for top finishes in PvP/PvE either, because again you can just sell the covers to the guys who are good enough to place that well. Also, it's likely to cause a lot of ill will with people fighting over the covers and I'd imagine plenty of complaining about the evil guys who are hogging all the Nick Fury covers. Now, that normally isn't a reason to not do this, but if you're confident that you can fetch at least 2500 HP per cover of Nick Fury, why risk getting your players angry when you'd be happy to just make 2500 HP per cover? If Nick Fury is offered as a reward for PvP events, I suspect you'd have craziness that makes the recent week look like child's play, and there's just no reason to put players through that instead of just selling the guy for a straight up 2500 HP per cover.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought that putting players into a feeding frenzy (and subsequently spend a ton of HP on shields and boosts) was one of their design goals? But you're right, that would be entirely to unrealistic, to offer an actual carrot, instead of the season sized stick, for it.

(I still think that he's a bit overrated unless you're spending literally hundreds of dollars on MPQ)
  • Spoit wrote:
    I thought that putting players into a feeding frenzy (and subsequently spend a ton of HP on shields and boosts) was one of their design goals? But you're right, that would be entirely to unrealistic, to offer an actual carrot, instead of the season sized stick, for it.

(I still think that he's a bit overrated unless you're spending literally hundreds of dollars on MPQ)

He's likely overrated but if all the lazy Dakens popped up overnight with no real assurance that this is going to be a character even as powerful as lazy Thor (seems like you'd need a maxed Falcon to even think about that) why wouldn't people bet on Fury being the next pre nerf Ragnarok? He certainly looks like he has the right set of skills to at least match Thor's tier of 'does everything measureable better than anyone else'.
  • I just tried him and Escape Plan put the CD on a yellow tile the first time and a purple tile the second time, so it looks like the color it places is random.

This makes it level 5 pretty much a requirement since you've no way of defending that tile even if it's limited to only 2 colors (which I strongly doubt).
  • Phantron wrote:
    I just tried him and Escape Plan put the CD on a yellow tile the first time and a purple tile the second time, so it looks like the color it places is random.

This makes it level 5 pretty much a requirement since you've no way of defending that tile even if it's limited to only 2 colors (which I strongly doubt).

Nick Fury's "escape plan" is apparently "shoot a tinykitty in the face"

That's my kind of escape plan
  • gamar wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I just tried him and Escape Plan put the CD on a yellow tile the first time and a purple tile the second time, so it looks like the color it places is random.

Nick Fury's "escape plan" is apparently "shoot a tinykitty in the face"

That's my kind of escape plan

Yeah I was expecting the escape plan like a light bulb moment and was pretty surprised.
  • Wow at colognoisseur and his soft capped 0/5/5 fury with its crazy awesome skill.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow at colognoisseur and his soft capped 0/5/5 fury with its crazy awesome skill.

My first thought was how the tinykitty did he get a blue Fury cover? But then I checked his roster and it's 0/0/5. But wow, purple at level five is insane.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    Wow at colognoisseur and his soft capped 0/5/5 fury with its crazy awesome skill.

My first thought was how the tinykitty did he get a blue Fury cover? But then I checked his roster and it's 0/0/5. But wow, purple at level five is insane.

It's insane but since it's placed on a random tile which means you have no way of defending it effectively, that's why it needs to be insane. If the tile gets destroyed, it's weaker than a Magnetic Translocation level 4 most of the time.
  • Phantron wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

It's insane but since it's placed on a random tile which means you have no way of defending it effectively, that's why it needs to be insane. If the tile gets destroyed, it's weaker than a Magnetic Translocation level 4 most of the time.

Yeah, at level 107. At 230, pretty sure it's going to just straight up murder Hulk
  • gamar wrote:
    Yeah, at level 107. At 230, pretty sure it's going to just straight up murder Hulk

The first post states like 3k damage at max level, MT shoots for 5k-ish at level 4 and the max 9 swaps for 10. The first post should be fixed if the info is not accurate or was measured at current soft cap instead of actual max level.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    pasa_ wrote:
    gamar wrote:

The first post states like 3k damage at max level, MT shoots for 5k-ish at level 4 and the max 9 swaps for 10. The first post should be fixed if the info is not accurate or was measured at current soft cap instead of actual max level.

I agree the max level listed in the first post seems low based on my lvl 107 5purple at 2205 damage and a strike tile of 368 it would seem like it should be over 4k and over 600 at lvl 230.
    They might not have gotten around to adjusting down to that posted number because there aren't going to be a lot of these running around right now.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    gamar wrote:

I agree the max level listed in the first post seems low based on my lvl 107 5 purple at 2205 damage and a strike tile of 368 it would seem like it should be over 4k and over 600 at lvl 230.
    They might not have gotten around to adjusting down to that posted number because there aren't going to be a lot of these running around right now.

Just a moment's perspective - LazyThor's yellow does 2121 at 5 covers, level 141. Of course, I'd say creating 9 green tiles instantly is significantly better than stealing 9 AP of a random colour and a strike tile 2 turns later, but even so - ye frickin gods, this guy is going to be strong.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    I see his Avenger's Assemble ability doing one of three things. (it reminds me of Shang Tsung for Mortal Kombat)

I thing it's a fore gone conclusion Fury will have access to one of said charactes abilities albeit at a reduced cost if not all of them.

1. Each avenger assembled will do one of their abilties for the cost of Fury's 12 yellow. So currently you activate Avengers Assemble at level 1 and Cap shows up casting his protect shield but probably only creating 1 shield. IM35 or 40 would also show up at level 2 hence the red needed, but not required to use since the true cost of the ability is 12 yellow, so at level 2 Cap casts a shield and IM40 blasts his repulsor for damage. I'm assuming Blackwidow some version, Hulk and Thor are the other three in that order. With i'm guessing each doing something, thus if you want the full effect of the ability you would want lvl 5. (I have a feeling this is the ability and that it's going to be a very long animation sequence). I"m guessing you would need say 5 purple AP for BW, 5 black for Hulk, and 5 green for Thor each doint something as well.

2. You assume one of the characters for a set amount of time and can use those abilties. (I don't see this as likely since it would cost you 12 yellow just to cast rendering some of the characters like Cap and Thor useless for 2 of their skills.

3. You pay 12 AP, and can then use any of the Avengers skills at reduced costs, so you could pick to choose a cap shield for 6 blue instead of 12 but it would maybe only stun for 1 turn and you get half the defense. (again, this would be a lot of programming, I think option 1 is the most likely, basically a 5 ability skill.

I think option 1 is the closest to what will happen and would require you to have 12 yellow AP, then 5 purple, 5 black, 5 green, and 5 red. I just wonder if you only had say 12 yellow, 5 black and say 5 purple if you would still be able to cast the ability with only the Cap, BW, and Hulk portions activating, or that it's all or none.

Almost certainly option 1 based on what we know. It'll probably be reduced versions of the relevant abilities... a protect tile from Captain America (base ability), some direct damage from Iron Man (with 5 red ap), stun all enemies for 1 turn from Black Widow (with 5 blue ap), AOE damage from Thor (with 5 green) and a crit tile from Hawkeye (with 5 purple). I'm guessing the abilities are based on the 1* and 2* versions of the Avengers rather than the 3* versions, and are all things which don't require any selections to be made after the ability goes off. I think almost certainly Hawkeye rather than the Hulk, FWIW.
  • Well, we can start saying ISOs then icon_e_smile.gif and buy HP to max him up when we have the 3rd cover at the end of Season 3...