STEELING POINTS

Options
Vinmarc43
Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
edited May 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Why is that when I finish a battle, say example I have reach 615 pts after winning say 20, but then when we get to the 3 nods screen, my total points is less 1-3 pts, so I would see 612, so every battle multiplied by the amount stolen is.....steeling.
can anyone answer this.....anyone.
thanks

Comments

• hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Basically your client and the server are out of sync.

When the opponent was loaded in your queue, the difference between your points and their points put the match at a value of 20 points. By the time you finished the match, your opponent may have lost a few points or you may have gained points since the match was loaded in your queue. Remember, the nodes only show 3, but there are likely more cached up in each node (3?). So now the match is really only worth 17 points. The client will show you +20 on the results screen, but by the time it syncs back up with the server, you will only get the 17 points on the leaderboard.

Hope that helps.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It has something to do with how your opponent's rating can change mid-match, IIRC. Unfortunately, I don't quite understand how it works, either.

EDIT: Ninja-ed by a much better answer.
  • Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    Options
    THANKS but it still sucks, especially when your a treshhold for a reward and then you fall back a few points and half to do another battle for it. Anyway thanks
  • Unknown
    Options
    Where can i find these steel points? And I have to ask are they harder to move then the normal points?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Where can i find these steel points? And I have to ask are they harder to move then the normal points?
    Well first you take an iron (man)....
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And then you take a really big magnet(o)....
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    I don't know if it's harder to move them first, then move the normal points, but they're probably harder to move than normal points.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    I don't know if it's harder to move them first, then move the normal points, but they're probably harder to move than normal points.

Guys...you have it all wrong. This thread is about steeling points, not points that have already been steeled. It's about the process of taking normal points and then converting them to steel points.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    Guys...you have it all wrong. This thread is about steeling points, not points that have already been steeled. It's about the process of taking normal points and then converting them to steel points.
    In that case, the answer is "defense." icon_lol.gif

A scary defensive team steels your points against attacks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    SinCe somebody answered already, I don't have to be serious. Heh, to steel your points...USE A SHIELD!