Dark Avengers tourney aka Rag/Daken/Bullseye tourney

Comments

• fatcatfan wrote:
    So Rag is a given, but who else? Daken, to benefit from Rag green, esp. since I have no green Rag covers.

Who for third? Bullseye for the annoy the hell out of everyone skip factor? Venom for stun? or dump so ISO into Moonstone for... I'm not sure what. No enemy countdowns to steal, Rag will be hogging the red so no photon blast. Gravity Warp will rarely deal direct damage if I use her with Bullseye or Daken, or if the opponent has eiher. Yalena is 5/5 but level 1, I really don't care to level her up. I think I'd rather put my ISO into Doom for this weeks lightning rounds.

eh bullseye is not that annoying, his purple is actually pretty fast

daken's Prohormones are the ones that nobody wants to deal with. esp two dakens ughh
  • Yelena's payback mission is actually pretty good against Daken/Bullseye, but her low health is a liability.
  • So this one runs twice, like last week's. First ends Wednesday at 9AM Eastern Daylight Time. Two chances to get Spidey or Wolverine covers. And I don't have a yellow IW cover, so even though I don't particularly want it, it would give me all her colors. This is win/win for me!

Except... I note that the Wolverine covers are Green + 2xRed. I could really use some yellow in there too.
    Yelena's payback mission is actually pretty good against Daken/Bullseye, but her low health is a liability.
    Am I seeing this right, no one is buffed? Yeah she's really only dangerous when she's at level 230 or something in the PvE missions.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    So this one runs twice, like last week's. First ends Wednesday at 9AM Eastern Daylight Time.

Nice! Didn't realize that.
  • Shikao wrote:
    dark-prime wrote:
    Should a new player without anything better than 2* covers even try on these events? My best units are basically starter units, iron man and black widow...under level 15...

I don't think you can even join if you don't have Dark Avengers covers (Venom, Yelena, Daken, Moonstone, Bullseye, Ragnarok).
    Seriously? That's the lamest thing I've ever seen a game do, cutting out part of the playerbase from an event...
  • there's no excuse not to have some dark avengers...you get plenty of daken/yelena/venom/bullseye covers in prologue and they've been dumping moonstone on us lately
  • dark-prime wrote:
    Shikao wrote:
    I don't think you can even join if you don't have Dark Avengers covers (Venom, Yelena, Daken, Moonstone, Bullseye, Ragnarok).
    Seriously? That's the lamest thing I've ever seen a game do, cutting out part of the playerbase from an event...

Three of them (Venom, Yelena and Daken) drop as mission rewards in Prologue, so everybody can get them.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    there's no excuse not to have some dark avengers...you get plenty of daken/yelena/venom/bullseye covers in prologue and they've been dumping moonstone on us lately

True. But if I were a player starting off, I don't know which I'd find more frustrating: being barred from the event altogether for lack of Dark Avenger covers, or to take my entry-level Yelena and Venom covers from prologue missions into an arena full of a bunch of Rags teams...
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    there's no excuse not to have some dark avengers...you get plenty of daken/yelena/venom/bullseye covers in prologue and they've been dumping moonstone on us lately
    I'm running the Juggernaught area missions and have none of those covers. So actually barred from both current events. Own no dark avengers covers, and the Hunt is too high level. This is really not new player friendly at all.
  • dark-prime wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I'm running the Juggernaught area missions and have none of those covers.

They're all in the later chapters. If you're still stuck on Juggernaut missions you're not ready to PVP regardless of the format
  • dark-prime wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

You can check Prologue Missions Rewards listing, I think nothing changed since R40 (we are in R43 right now)
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    dark-prime wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

They're all in the later chapters. If you're still stuck on Juggernaut missions you're not ready to PVP regardless of the format
    That's assuming there are zero other players at my current level to pvp against.
  • i couldn't really compete in the first dark avengers tourney (i had like level ten dark avenger squad), but i can freely compete in this one which is nice. have a leveled bullseye to annoy ppl with.
  • dark-prime wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I'm running the Juggernaught area missions and have none of those covers. So actually barred from both current events. Own no dark avengers covers, and the Hunt is too high level. This is really not new player friendly at all.

You should be able to put a few levels on your crew in plenty of time to participate in at least some of the hunt missions.
  • I'm so glad my rag is maxed. I need those Spidey covers.

ditto. once again a fight for no. 2 rofl
  • These 4* characters are loose. If you max out 3* characters you are way better then if you have a team with maxed 4*. Which makes no sense.

Yeah, it's Rag week. Not only now he allows you to win Lightning Rounds, but two weekly tournaments as well... icon_neutral.gif They make me regret my decision not to jump the bandwagon more and more... but for now I still refuse to use him icon_razz.gif (also can't really between only 3 covers on him and lack of iso)

It would be better if they buffed some characters like Moonstone, Yelena and Venom. At least then more people would be able to make teams to fight Rags
  • Shikao wrote:
    I'm so glad my rag is maxed. I need those Spidey covers.

Yeah, it's Rag week. Not only now he allows you to win Lightning Rounds, but two weekly tournaments as well... icon_neutral.gif They make me regret my decision not to jump the bandwagon more and more... but for now I still refuse to use him icon_razz.gif (also can't really between only 3 covers on him and lack of iso)

It would be better if they buffed some characters like Moonstone, Yelena and Venom. At least then more people would be able to make teams to fight Rags

Well, the devs did change the boost %s on the last tournament during the middle of it. So you never know. A boosted moonstone could be useful.
  • Would have rather had spidey than doom for my #2 finish in Thor event (it was impossible to play def anyway and Thor did all your damage so the team of m.storm Thor I'm40 was fun and worked well. Name of the game was get Thor red and yellow). With only a base red rag and no dark avengers with any ISO in them I don't see the point for me. Only dakan is mildly worth me pumping ISO into and even then I have elsewhere I'd rather use it. Guess that means this event will be a good chance to dump my rating? Lol... Maybe ill just aim for wolverine covers to finish him off..I need spidey blues tho..

I hope whomever said its a double shot is wrong...

Side note: since rag is already in lightning rounds he really shouldn't be part of this imo. Ruins the point of these, which is to have ppl use and pump ISO into other characters.