Tap through skills to tiles behind

Options
I've had this happen many times and it's quite irritating.

If you are playing fast and you tap on a character to open his skills tab then tap on the skill, occasionally you will get a message about no match (from the tiles behind the skill) and you have to wait several seconds for the message to disappear before trying again to select your skill.)

Not a huge bug but very irritating when you need to kill someone fast near the end of a tournament

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How fast are you playing man? icon_e_wink.gif

But honestly, some speed enhancements would be nice. I see this all the time and I use a pretty fast (iPhone 5) device.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Yeah, this does get pretty annoying. It generally only happens when a passive also triggers. Since I've mainly been running hood lately, this happens all too often...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    Yeah, this does get pretty annoying. It generally only happens when a passive also triggers. Since I've mainly been running hood lately, this happens all too often...

It seems to most frequently happen when I've got someone like Hood or Daken or Patch on my team who has an "every turn" passive, but I've had it occasionally happen at other times as well. It actually cost me a match once; I was trying to activate a power and made a bad match instead, setting up a cascade for the other team. It's a large part of the reason I don't use Hood more frequently.
  • Unknown
    Options
    hm could be hood related, been using him alot due to LR

it's annoying because the 'you can't do that' message has lag so you then have to wait for it to clear
  • Unknown
    Options
    I get this quite frequently on a 3rd gen iPad (latest iOS firmware), if that makes any difference.

I even had one instance today where I tried to pop open the skill and tap on it and the game registered it as a tile swap. Luckily it was an invalid swap, but that could have been very frustrating as I was preparing to counter some Patch strike tiles and was at the lower end of HP on both of my last 2 characters that weren't downed.
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I get this as well.

I also have another similar issue. When I hit confirm when using C. Mag's Blue the character display slides to the side.

Could you please set the confirm button to not allow for moving the character area?
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MPQ_Jack wrote:
    I get this quite frequently on a 3rd gen iPad (latest iOS firmware), if that makes any difference.

I even had one instance today where I tried to pop open the skill and tap on it and the game registered it as a tile swap. Luckily it was an invalid swap, but that could have been very frustrating as I was preparing to counter some Patch strike tiles and was at the lower end of HP on both of my last 2 characters that weren't downed.

^this

I came to see if this had been reported already bc it's been happening for a while and is ANNOYING. Not so much bc of the lag for me, but bc I've had several times where it makes a VALID match. No iPad, I didn't want to make that yellow match, I want to hit Thor in the face with something.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I came to see if this had been reported already bc it's been happening for a while and is ANNOYING. Not so much bc of the lag for me, but bc I've had several times where it makes a VALID match. No iPad, I didn't want to make that yellow match, I want to hit Thor in the face with something.

I just had to emphasize the last part of your post. Too effing funny.

As far as the issue, I think it is Apple related. I had the same issue on my iPhone 4S. But when I switched carriers and went to the Galaxy S4 (Android), I stopped seeing this issue.
  • Unknown
    Options
    As far as the issue, I think it is Apple related. I had the same issue on my iPhone 4S. But when I switched carriers and went to the Galaxy S4 (Android), I stopped seeing this issue.

I get it all the time on Android.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

What version are you running? I'm on 4.4.2
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

2.2.0 - it's a Nook HD+
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

2.2.0 - it's a Nook HD+

I didn't know the nooks ran on android! I've been looking into getting the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    ~Runs to google search to see the price difference~ icon_lol.gif

How is the game play on it? How do other apps play on it? I had a cheapy tablet that was on sale this past xmas and it just sucked. (Thank god I pre-ordered it online and saved money with my member id. It only cost me 40.00 after sale and discount. But it's a glorified e-reader, not good for much else) Took forever to play the game on it because it couldn't keep up with the graphics.

2.2.0 refers to the Nook version. What version of android are you running? I think the HD+ just came out last year. So it should be running Jellybean (4.*.*)
  • Unknown
    Options
    This happens to me all the time and I've made an accidental bad match a couple times because of it.

for PvP especially, we have to be able to go full speed so we can reshield.
  • Unknown
    Options
    How is the game play on it? How do other apps play on it? I had a cheapy tablet that was on sale this past xmas and it just sucked. (Thank god I pre-ordered it online and saved money with my member id. It only cost me 40.00 after sale and discount. But it's a glorified e-reader, not good for much else) Took forever to play the game on it because it couldn't keep up with the graphics.

2.2.0 refers to the Nook version. What version of android are you running? I think the HD+ just came out last year. So it should be running Jellybean (4.*.*)

It's my first ever tablet; I bought it about a year ago, and I didn't want to spend a ton on one until I knew exactly what I wanted, and it had good graphics (reading comics was one of my primary purposes for the thing, and it has very good screen resolution) and I haven't had any real problems with it. Most apps run fine of the ones I use except Simpsons tapped out (which crashes constantly). MPQ runs fine - it occasionally crashes, but it's rare. I should probably know how to check android version - the only info it gives is the 2.2.0, which I guess is the Nook skin version.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

It's my first ever tablet; I bought it about a year ago, and I didn't want to spend a ton on one until I knew exactly what I wanted, and it had good graphics (reading comics was one of my primary purposes for the thing, and it has very good screen resolution) and I haven't had any real problems with it. Most apps run fine of the ones I use except Simpsons tapped out (which crashes constantly). MPQ runs fine - it occasionally crashes, but it's rare. I should probably know how to check android version - the only info it gives is the 2.2.0, which I guess is the Nook skin version.

If you go the settings menu, then look for the "about device" tab, it should be in there.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I get this too, and it seems from the iPads and Nooks up here that my experience on a Google Nexus 7 may mean that it is a large screen optimization problem.

I know of players with iPhones and android phones that have no "fat fingers" problems with skill tabs, which is aggravating because a larger screen should have better targeting resolution.